310th Military Police Battalion
On September 26, 1941 the Secretary of War establishes the Corps of Military Police as a separate branch of the Army. The initial authorization called for three battalions and four separate companies, of approximately 2,000 men. Five basic Tables of Organization (TO&E) were developed from the infantry. The 310th MP Battalion was the first MP battalion established under the new organization of the Corps.
Nearly 800 military police officers from two Regional Support Commands and the Maryland Army National Guard set up and operated two internment facilities and a corps level internment operation for Platinum Sword 2000. Other units that participated in the exercise were; 77th RSCs 306th Battalion, 455th MP Detachment, 310th Military Police Battalion, and the 310th MP Battalion.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|