4th Brigade, 100th Division (Institutional Training)
The unit was constituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 100th Division Train, Quartermaster Corps and was organized in December 1921 with Headquarters at Huntington, West Virginia. It was redesignated 23 March 1925 as the 100th Division Quartermaster Train.
The location of its Headquarters changed 9 September 1929 to Wheeling, West Virginia; on 27 October 1931 to Huntington, West Virginia.
The unit was redesignated 1 July 1936 as the 425th Quartermaster Regiment and remained assigned to the 100th Division and was later redesignated 23 February 1942 as the 425th Quartermaster Battalion.
The Ordnance Maintenance Platoon, Headquarters Company, 425th Quartermaster Battalion, redesignated 27 September 1942 as the 800th Ordnance Light Maintenance Company, an element of the 100th Division (later redesignated as the 100th Infantry Division) (remainder of battalion--hereafter separate lineage)
The unit was ordered into active military service 8 October 1942 and reorganized at Fort Jackson, South Carolina and was inactivated following the end of World War II, on 11 January 1946, at Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia.
The unit was later redesignated 15 October 1946 as the 800th Airborne Ordnance Maintenance Company, an element of the 100th Airborne Division and was activated 12 December 1946 at Buckhannon, West Virginia.
The unit's location changed 30 October 1947 to Elkins, West Virginia and again its location changed 12 May 1949 to Morgantown, West Virginia.
The unit was reorganized and redesignated 12 May 1952 as the 800th Ordnance Maintenance Company, an element of the 100th Infantry Division.
It was later reorganized and redesignated 15 November 1953 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 800th Ordnance Battalion (organic elements concurrently constituted and activated). The location of its Headquarters changed 12 December 1956 to Louisville, Kentucky.
The Battalion was disbanded 17 April 1959 at Louisville, Kentucky.
Headquarters, 800th Ordnance Battalion, reconstituted 24 November 1967 in the Army Reserve as Headquarters, 4th Brigade, 100th Division (Training) and the unit was activated 26 January 1968 at Louisville, Kentucky.
In 1973 the unit was inactivated at Louisville, Kentucky.
The unit was activated 16 November 1996 at Montgomery, Alabama.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|