2nd Brigade, 100th Division (Institutional Training)
The unit was constituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 325th Ammunition Train and assigned to the 100th Division, it was organized in December 1921 with Headquarters at Charleston, West Virginia. (Location of Headquarters changed 13 October 1922 to Shepherdstown, West Virginia; on 29 February 1924 to Charleston, West Virginia; on 4 September 1929 to Huntington, West Virginia; on 9 July 1931 to Parkersburg, West Virginia)
The unit was converted and redesignated 23 February 1942 as the 925th Field Artillery Battalion and remained assigned to the 100th Division (later redesignated as the 100th Infantry Division). It was ordered into active military service 15 November 1942 and reorganized at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. Following the war the unit was inactivated 11 January 1946 at Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia.
The 2nd Brigade was redesignated 15 October 1946 as the 925th Glider Field Artillery Battalion, an element of the 100th Airborne Division, and was later activated 20 December 1946 with Headquarters at Lexington, Kentucky. (Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)
The unit was later reorganized and redesignated 31 August 1950 as the 925th Airborne Field Artillery Battalion. The unit was reorganized and redesignated 12 May 1952 as the 925th Field Artillery Battalion, an element of the 100th Infantry Division.
The unit was later disbanded 17 April 1959 at Lexington, Kentucky.
Headquarters, 925th Field Artillery Battalion, reconstituted 24 November 1967 in the Army Reserve as Headquarters, 2d Brigade, 100th Division (Training).
The unit was activated 26 January 1968 at Owensboro, Kentucky.
The 2nd Brigade has a diverse annual training schedule. Soldiers prepare for 11 months for their annual training.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|