MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS
Functions and Organization
Internal Security Troops
Special Purpose Police (OMON)
Special Purpose Detachments
Special Rapid Response Unit [SOBR]
Control by the Party
The Judiciary and the Legal Profession
Legal Codes and Abuses of the System
Nonpolitical Crime and Punishment
- Russia WORLD FACTBOOK OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEMS Ilya V. Nikiforov - 1995
- Latest Data on the Performance of Internal Affairs Agencies and Internal Troops in 1996
Ministry of Internal Affairs - MVD - 20 February 1997
- RUSSIA'S INTERNAL FORCES: HOT SPOT STABILIZER WITHIN RUSSIA by Mr. Timothy L. Thomas - Foreign Military Studies Office, Fort Leavenworth, KS. Low Intensity Conflict and Law Enforcement, Vol 3, Winter 1994, No 3, pp 509-525.
- Selected Papers from the Conference "International Terrorism: New Assessments" March 24-26, 1997, Moscow Low Intensity Conflict & Law Enforcement, Volume 6, Number 2, Autumn 1997, Frank Cass, London.
- Anatoliy Sergeevich Kulikov: Policeman, Power Minister, Deputy Prime Minister...Politician? Mr. Timothy L. Thomas, Foreign Military Studies Office, Fort Leavenworth, KS. Low Intensity Conflict & Law Enforcement Vol. 7, No. 1 (Summer 1998), pp. 149-178
- Restructuring and Reform in Russia's MVD: Good Idea, Bad Timing? by Mr. Timothy L. Thomas, Foreign Military Studies Office, Fort Leavenworth, KS. Low Intensity Conflict & Law Enforcement Vol. 7, No. 2 (Autumn 1998), pp. 96-106
- Russian Internal Troops and Security Challenges in the 1990s by Colonel General Anatoliy S. Kulikov, Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Commander-in-Chief of Russian Internal Troops -- Low-Intensity Conflict & Law Enforcement, Frank Cass, London, Volume 3, Autumn 1994, Number 2.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|