2004 Congressional Reports
- S. 2845 - Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004
- Intelligence Authorization Act For Fiscal Year 2005 - Committee Report House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence [PDF 235 KB]
- CONFERENCE REPORT ON H.R. 4548, INTELLIGENCE AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR 2005 Congressional Record: December 7, 2004 (House) Page H11030-H11039
- Report of an Inquiry into the Alternative Analysis of the Issue of an Iraq-al Qaeda Relationship Office of Senator Carl Levin (D-MI), Ranking Member, Senate Armed Services Committee 21 Oct 2004 -- "This report is the result of an inquiry initiated on June 27, 2003 by Senator Carl Levin, Ranking Member of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC), and conducted by the SASC Minority Staff. The report focuses on 1) the establishment of a non-Intelligence Community source of intelligence analysis in the office of Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Douglas Feith; and 2) the extent to which policy makers utilized that alternative source rather than the analyses produced by the Intelligence Community (IC) with regard to the Iraq-al Qaeda relationship." [PDF 206 Kb]
- White House Memo on H.R. 10 / S. 2845 The White House 18 Oct 2004 -- "As the House Senate conference on intelligence reform legislation (H.R. 10 / S. 2845) meets, the Administration urges the Conferees to reach agreement on an effective bill to strengthen the nation's intelligence capabilities that both Houses can pass and the President can sign into law as soon as possible to meet the nation's security needs. There are many good provisions in both bills and the President endorses the best of each as outlined in this letter to strike a reasonable compromise that will best reorganize our intelligence capabilities and will make the country safer and stronger."
- S. 2845 US Senate 6 Oct 2004 -- To reform the intelligence community and the intelligence and intelligence-related activities of the United States Government, and for other purposes.
- H. R. 10 US House of Representatives 24 Sep 2004 -- To provide for reform of the intelligence community, terrorism prevention and prosecution, border security, and international cooperation and coordination, and for other purposes
- REPORT ON THE U.S. INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY'S PREWAR INTELLIGENCE ASSESSMENTS ON IRAQ Select Committe on Intelligence 09 Jul 2004 [PDF Version 23.4 MB]
- Report on the U.S. Intelligence Community's Prewar Intelligence Assessments on Iraq: Conclusions Select Committe on Intelligence 09 Jul 2004 [PDF Version 1.89 MB]
- INTELLIGENCE AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR 2005: Committee Report to H.R.4548 with Minority Views [To accompany H.R. 4548] U.S. House of representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence 21 Jun 2004 [PDF 232 Kb]
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|