Nuclear Weapons - References
- Application of IAEA Safeguards in the Middle East International Atomic Energy Agency: Board of Governors General Conference 20 August 2004 2004 [PDF]
- Report on the 1979 Vela Incident By Carey Sublette, Last changed 1 September 2001
- The Bomb That Never Is by Avner Cohen, Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, May/June 2000, Vol 56, No. 3 pp.22-23
- Israel and the Bomb Avner Cohen has provides a detailed account of of the political aspects of Israel's nuclear history that draws on thousands of American and Israeli government documents-most of them recently declassified and never before cited-and more than one hundred interviews with key individuals who played important roles in this story.
- Obsessive secrecy undermines democracy By Reuven Pedatzur Ha'aretz. Tuesday, August 8, 2000 -- Cohen published "Israel and the Bomb" in the United States, and a Hebrew translation of the book has appeared here. In the eyes of the defense establishment, Cohen has committed a double sin.
- Fighting to preserve the tattered veil of secrecy By Ronen Bergman The publication of Dr. Avner Cohen's book and of the Vanunu trial transcripts set off alarm bells for the Defense Ministry's chief of security, who is striving to protect the traditional opacity regarding Israel's nuclear affairs.
- Blast, from the past to the present By Yirmiyahu Yovel Ha'aretz. 28 July 2000 -- If, in the context of the peace agreements and talks with the United States, Israel were to confirm its nuclear capability - while committing itself to no nuclear testing and pledging to build its defense system on conventional weapons as in the past - maybe then it might achieve at least de facto recognition, if not international legitimacy, for its nuclear weaponry, to be used only as a "last resort" and a tool for safeguarding peace after Israel withdraws.
- Israel The Nuclear Potential of Individual Countries Treaty on Nonproliferation of Nuclear Weapons Problems of Extension Appendix 2 Russian Federation Foreign Intelligence Service 6 April 1995
- Israel's Nuclear Weapons - A Case Study by Elizabeth Stevens
- The Samson Option. Israel's Nuclear Arsenal and American Foreign Policy Seymour M Hersh, [New York: Random House, 1991]
- Israel's Nuclear Development & Strategy: Future Ramifications for the Middle East Regional Balance By Laura Drake
- Israeli Nuclear Strategy by Air Marshal Sir Timothy Garden
- The Third Temple's Holy Of Holies: Israel's Nuclear Weapons Warner D. Farr, LTC, U.S. Army, September 1999
- Israel: Plutonium Production The Risk Report Volume 2 Number 4 (July-August 1996).
- Israel: Uranium Processing and Enrichment The Risk Report Volume 2 Number 4 (July-August 1996).
- Ronald Walters and Kenneth S. Zinn, The September 22, 1979 Mystery Flash: Did South Africa Detonate a Nuclear Bomb? Report of the Washington Office on Africa Educational Fund, May 21,1985.
- NTIS No: LA-8672/HDM Title: Evaluation of Some Geophysical Events on 22 September 1979 Author(s): Hones, Jr., E. W. ; Baker, D. N. ; Feldman, W. C. Performing Organization: Los Alamos Scientific Lab., NM. Sponsoring Organization: Department of Energy, Washington, DC. Contract No: W-7405-ENG-36 Date: Apr 81 Pages: 20p
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|