Government Accountability Office
General Accounting Office
Special Weapons Reports
Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, Missile
GAO WMD Reports - Subcategories
- Export Controls: Compliance and Enforcement Activities and Congressional Notification Requirements under Country-Based License Exemptions, GAO-13-119R, November 16, 2012
- Nuclear Nonproliferation: Additional Actions Needed to Improve Security of Radiological Sources at U.S. Medical Facilities, GAO-12-925, September 10, 2012
- Export Controls: U.S. Agencies Need to Assess Control List Reform's Impact on Compliance Activities, GAO-12-613, April 23, 2012
- Export Controls: Proposed Reforms Create Opportunities to Address Enforcement Challenges, GAO-12-246, March 27, 2012
- Export Controls: Improvements Needed to Prevent Unauthorized Technology Releases to Foreign Nationals in the United States, GAO-11-354, Feb 2, 2011
- Export Controls: Agency Actions and Proposed Reform Initiatives May Address Previously Identified Weaknesses, but Challenges Remain, GAO-11-135R, Nov 16, 2010
- Nuclear Commerce: Governmentwide Strategy Could Help Increase Commercial Benefits from U.S. Nuclear Cooperation Agreements with Other Countries, GAO-11-36, Nov 4, 2010
- Export Controls: Observations on Selected Countries' Systems and Proposed Treaties, GAO-10-557, May 27, 2010
- Technology Transfer: Clearer Priorities and Greater Use of Innovative Approaches Could Increase the Effectiveness of Technology Transfer at Department of Energy Laboratories, GAO-09-548, Jun 16, 2009
- Export Controls: Fundamental Reexamination of System Is Needed to Help Protect Critical Technologies, GAO-09-767T, Jun 4, 2009
- Export Controls: Challenges with Commerce's Validated End-User Program May Limit Its Ability to Ensure That Semiconductor Equipment Exported to China Is Used as Intended, GAO-08-1095, Sep 25, 2008
- Export Controls: State and Commerce Have Not Taken Basic Steps to Better Ensure U.S. Interests Are Protected, GAO-08-710T, Apr 24, 2008
- Defense Technologies: DOD's Critical Technologies Lists Rarely Inform Export Control and Other Policy Decisions, GAO-06-793, July 28, 2006
- President's Justification of the High Performance Computer Control Threshold Does Not Fully Address National Defense Authorization Act of 1998 Requirements, GAO-06-754R, June 30, 2006
- Export Controls: Post-Shipment Verification Provides Limited Assurance That Dual-Use Items Are Being Properly Used. (GAO-04-357), January 12, 2004 [PDF 640 Kb]
- EXPORT CONTROLS: Processes for Determining Proper Control of Defense-Related Items Need Improvement, September 2002, (GAO-02-996) [PDF 1.26 Mb]
- EXPORT CONTROLS: Department of Commerce Controls over Transfers of Technology to Foreign Nationals Need Improvement, September 2002, (GAO-02-972) [PDF 617 Kb]
- EXPORT CONTROLS: More Thorough Analysis Needed to Justify Changes in High Performance Computer Controls, August 2002, (GAO-02-892) [PDF 639 Kb]
- Export Controls: State and Commerce Department License Review Times Are Similar, (01-JUN-01, GAO-01-528). [PDF 773 Kb]
- Export Controls: Regulatory Change Needed to Comply with Missile Technology Licensing Requirements, (31-MAY-01, GAO-01-530). [PDF 188 Kb]
- EXPORT CONTROLS: Inadequate Justification for Relaxation of Computer Controls Demonstrates Need for Comprehensive Study -- Statement of Susan S. Westin, Managing Director, International Affairs and Trade, March 15, 2001 (GAO-01-534T) [PDF 127 Kb]
- EXPORT CONTROLS: System for Controlling Exports of High Performance Computing Is Ineffective, December 2000, (GAO-01-10) [PDF 1.12 Mb]
- Export Controls: Challenges and Changes For Controls on Computer Exports [T-NSIAD-00-187] 05/26/2000
- Export Controls: National Security Risks and Revisions to Controls on Computer Systems [T-NSIAD-00-139] 03/23/2000
- Export Controls: National Security Risks and Revisions To Controls on Computers [T-NSIAD-00-104] 02/28/2000
- Export Controls: Statutory Reporting Requirements for Computers Not Fully Addressed (Letter Report, 11/05/1999, GAO/NSIAD-00-45). [PDF Version]
- Export Controls: Implementation of the 1998 Legislative Mandate for High Performance Computers (Testimony, 10/28/1999, GAO/T-NSIAD-00-53).
- Nuclear Nonproliferation: Heavy Fuel Oil Delivered to North Korea Under the Agreed Framework [T-RCED-00-020] 10/27/1999. [PDF Version]
- Export Controls: Change in Licensing Jurisdiction for Commercial Communications Satellites, by Katherine V. Schinasi, Associate Director for Defense Acquisitions Issues, before the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. GAO/T-NSIAD-98-222, Sept. 17.
- Export Controls: Information on the Decision to Revise High Performance Computer Controls. NSIAD-98-196. 21 pp. plus 6 appendices (27 pp.) September 16, 1998. [PDF Version]
- Export Controls: National Security Issues and Foreign Availability for High Performance Computer Exports GAO/NSIAD-98-200, Sept. 16. [PDF Version]
- Export Controls: Changes in Controls Applied to the Export of High Performance Computers, by Harold L. Johnson, Associate Director for International Relations and Trade Issues, before the Subcommittee on International Security, Proliferation, and Federal Services, Senate Committee on Governmental Affairs. GAO/T-NSIAD-98-250, Sept. 16.
- China: Military Exports From the United States and the European Union Since the 1989 Embargoes GAO/NSIAD-98-176, June 16.
- Export Controls: Issues Related to the Export of Communications Satellites. GAO/T-NSIAD-98-211, June 17.
- Export Controls: Issues Related to Commercial Communications Satellites. T-NSIAD-98-208. 15 pp. plus 1 appendix (4 pp.) June 10, 1998.
- Automated Export System: Prospects for Improving Data Collection and Enforcement Are Uncertain. NSIAD-98-5. 23 pp. plus 7 appendices (58 pp.) November 14, 1997. [PDF Version 769 Kb]
- Export Controls: Sales of High Performance Computers to Russia's Nuclear Weapons Laboratories, by Harold J. Johnson, Associate Director for International Relations and Trade Issues, before the Subcommittee on Military Procurement, House Committee on National Security GAO/T-NSIAD-97-128, April 15, 1997
- Export Controls: Change in Export Licensing Jurisdiction for Two Sensitive Dual-Use Items (Letter Report, 01/14/97, GAO/NSIAD-97-24). [PDF Version]
- Export Controls: Sensitive Machine Tool Exports to China (Letter Report, 11/19/96, GAO/NSIAD-97-4). [PDF Version]
- Export Controls: Sale of Telecommunications Equipment to China (Letter Report, 11/13/96, GAO/NSIAD-97-5). [PDF Version]
- Export Controls: Some Controls Over Missile-Related Technology Exports To China Are Weak, (Letter Report, 04/17/95, GAO/NSIAD-95-82). Size: 63715. [PDF Version]
- Export Controls: Concerns Over Stealth-Related Exports, (Letter Report, GAO/NSIAD-95-140, 05/10/95). [PDF Version]
- Iraq: U.S. Military Items Exported or Transferred to Iraq in the 1980s (Letter Report, GAO/NSIAD-94-98, 02/07/94). [PDF Version 1.38 Mb]
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|