Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
May 2010 - United States Special Weapons News
- Medvedev Sends US-Russian Arms Deal to Parliament VOA 28 May 2010 -- Russian President Dmitri Medvedev has sent a new nuclear arms reduction treaty with the United States to parliament for ratification.
- Medvedev submits Russian-U.S. arms deal for ratification RIA Novosti 28 May 2010 -- President Medvedev on submitted the new Russian-US arms treaty for ratification to the lower house of Russia's parliament.
- White House unveils new U.S. security doctrine RIA Novosti 28 May 2010 -- U.S. President Barrack Obama transmitted on Thursday the new National Security Strategy to the Congress, the White House said in a statement.
- New National Strategy Takes 'Whole-of-Government' Approach AFPS 27 May 2010 -- The Obama Administration has instituted a “whole-of-government” approach within the new National Security Strategy presented to Congress.
- Obama Administration Unveils Security Strategy VOA 27 May 2010 -- The Obama administration unveiled its new national security strategy, recognizing the need for military force but as a last resort.
- Medvedev to submit new arms treaty to Duma for ratification RIA Novosti 27 May 2010 -- The Russian government has studied new arms reaty and recommended that the Russian president submit it for ratification.
- Other nuclear powers may join Russian-U.S. arms treaty RIA Novosti 27 May 2010 -- Russian lawmaker: Other nuclear states could accede to a new Russian-U.S. strategic arms treaty.
- Obama calls on Republicans to cooperate in ratifying arms treaty with Russia RIA Novosti 26 May 2010 -- US President Obama called on Republicans to cooperate in ratification of strategic arms reduction deal.
- USS Alabama Celebrates 25 Years of Service Navy NewsStand 26 May 2010 -- Sailors aboard USS Alabama celebrated the 25th anniversary of the ship's commissioning with a ceremony.
- Undersecretary's visit underscores importance of nuclear mission AFNS 22 May 2010 -- The Air Force's newest senior leader visited the Air Force's newest major command May 20.
- New Russia-U.S. arms treaty to be submitted to Russia's Federal Assembly by end of May RIA Novosti 21 May 2010 -- A new Russian-U.S. arms reduction treaty is expected to be submitted to the Russian Federal Assembly by the end of May, a top Russian senator said on Friday.
- Lockheed Martin Wins Contract to Manage Tools to Help Nuclear Regulatory Commission Track Radioactive Material Lockheed Martin 19 May 2010 -- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has awarded Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] a 10-year, $77.4 million contract to provide secure software tools to manage data on radioactive materials, including transactions involving radioactive materials, and the materials licensing process.
- Statement to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Regarding the New START Treaty DoD 18 May 2010
- The New START Treaty - Opening Remarks Before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations US Dept. of State 18 May 2010
- Mullen Calls Treaty Ratification 'Right Thing to Do' AFPS 18 May 2010 -- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff: New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with Russia is "the right thing for us to do."
- Gates, Clinton Urge Senate to Ratify Nuke Treaty AFPS 18 May 2010 -- Defense Secretary Gates urged the Senate to ratify the pact between the United States and Russia.
- Russia, U.S. determined to ratify new arms treaty soonest RIA Novosti 18 May 2010 -- Top Russian and US diplomats expressed their desire to complete the ratification of arms reduction treaty as soon as possible.
- Russian parliament to begin looking at new START treaty RIA Novosti 14 May 2010 -- New START treaty will be submitted to the Russian parliament in approximately 3 weeks.
- Russia, US: New treaty marks end of 'Cold War' RIA Novosti 14 May 2010 -- The new strategic arms reduction treaty marks the official end of the "Cold War."
- Text of a Letter from the President Regarding the National Defense Authorization Act The White House 13 May 2010
- Statement by the Press Secretary on the Submission of the New START Treaty to the Senate The White House 13 May 2010
- New START treaty heads to U.S. Senate for ratification RIA Novosti 13 May 2010 -- New Russian-US START treaty forwarded to the US Senate for ratification.
- Kremlin says ready to simultaneously ratify new START with U.S. RIA Novosti 13 May 2010 -- The Kremlin confirmed it is ready to simultaneously ratify a new arms reduction treaty with the US.
- Republicans will seek to delay U.S. ratification of new START treaty RIA Novosti 13 May 2010 -- US ratification of the new START treaty may be delayed until after the midterm elections to Congress.
- Experts Debate Pros, Cons of US Disclosing Size of Nuclear Arsenal VOA 13 May 2010 -- The United States has made public the number of nuclear warheads in its arsenal.
- US Accused of Putting Spurs to Development of New Type Missiles KCNA 13 May 2010 -- Minju Joson in a signed commentary accuses the US of putting spurs to the development of new type missiles.
- Message from the President Regarding a Peaceful Nuclear Agreement with Russia The White House 11 May 2010
- Memorandum from the President Regarding a Peaceful Nuclear Agreement with Russia The White House 11 May 2010
- U.S. Revives Nuclear Energy Pact With Russia, Citing Cooperation On Iran RFE/RL 11 May 2010 -- US President Obama has resubmitted to Congress a pact on nuclear energy cooperation with Russia.
- Obama resubmits with Congress U.S.-Russia peaceful nuclear deal RIA Novosti 11 May 2010 -- US President Obama has revived a civil nuclear agreement with Russia by resubmitting it for consideration with the Congress.
- Barksdale Airmen test ability during exericise AFNS 10 May 2010 -- Approximately 150 maintenance Airmen, 2nd Bomb Wing pilots and support members participated in the 10-day Exercise Red Flag-Alaska.
- India Bill to Cap Foreign Liability For Nuclear Accidents VOA 07 May 2010 -- The Indian government has introduced a bill considered crucial for American companies wanting to build nuclear power plants in India.
- Transcript: DOD News Briefing with Geoff Morrell from the Pentagon DoD 06 May 2010 -- Presenter: Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell
- Gates to Brief Senate on New START Treaty AFPS 06 May 2010 -- Defense Secretary Gates is slated to go to Capitol Hill to brief the full Senate on the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty signed last month.
- Remarks by Vice President Biden to the European Parliament The White House 06 May 2010
- Biden Delivers Message Of Reassurance To Europe RFE/RL 06 May 2010 -- US Vice President Biden has told the European Parliament that the United States and Europe now need each other more than ever.
- Iran ready for talks on nuclear fuel swap scheme, threatens U.S., Israel RIA Novosti 05 May 2010 -- Iranian President Ahmadinejad made a new series of emphatic statements during news conference in New York.
- Ahmadinejad says no reconciliation with US if new sanctions imposed RIA Novosti 05 May 2010 -- Iranian President Ahmadinejad has threatened that new sanctions against the Islamic Republic, if imposed, will close the way for reconciliation.
- President: US creates obstacle on way of global disarmament IRNA 05 May 2010 -- President Ahmadinejad: US creates obstacle on the way of global disarmament.
- Ahmadinejad: Another resolution closes way to Iran-US ties for ever IRNA 05 May 2010 -- President Ahmadinejad stressed that issuance of another resolution in the UN Security Council against Iran is equal to closure of Iran-US ties for ever.
- Presidential Memorandum -- Concerning a Nuclear Agreement with Australia The White House 05 May 2010
- Message to the Congress Concerning a Nuclear Agreement with Australia The White House 05 May 2010
- Russia hopes Obama to resubmit Russian-US nuclear agreement RIA Novosti 05 May 2010 -- Russia hopes that the Obama administration will resubmit the Russian-U.S. agreement on nuclear cooperation to the Senate.
- DOD Background Briefing with Senior Defense Official from the Pentagon DoD 04 May 2010
- Officials declassify nuclear stockpile details to promote transparency AFNS 04 May 2010 -- US officials released details about the country's nuclear stockpile, including progress made in dismantling warheads.
- Violators of non-proliferation regime have to face consequences - Obama RIA Novosti 04 May 2010 -- US President Obama reiterated his warning to states that do not follow their non-proliferation commitments.
- Iran jeopardizes non-proliferation regime - Clinton RIA Novosti 04 May 2010 -- US Secretary of State Clinton criticized Iran for "flouting the rules" and putting the non-proliferation regime at risk.
- Presidential Memorandum - United States-India Nuclear Cooperation Approval and Nonproliferation Enhancement Act The White House 04 May 2010
- Secretary of State Clinton Press Availability at the United Nations Department of State 03 May 2010
- Secretary of State Clinton Remarks at the Review Conference of the NPT Department of State 03 May 2010
- Statement of President Barack Obama on the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Review Conference The White House 03 May 2010
- Ahmadinejad, Clinton to Speak at UN Nuclear Conference VOA 03 May 2010 -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: Country's proposals on nuclear disarmament will be "practical" and "fair."
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list