25 May 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.2022 to 25.05.2023 Ukraine MOD 25 May 2023
- Air Defense: Ukraine Parries As Russia Seeks To Slow Counteroffensive With New Surge Of Attacks RFE/RL 25 May 2023 -- Each of the 12 Ukrainian coats of arms painted on the Humvee carrying the Stinger missile launcher represents a Russian target shot down by Oleksandr. Since the start of the full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the 26-year-old soldier says, he has hit and destroyed two Su-25 fighter planes, two K52 attack helicopters, six Orland drones, and two Shahed drones.
- Hostile Actions of Ukraine Against Russia Continue Sputnik 25 May 2023 -- Reports of thwarted terrorist attacks on Russian energy facilities indicate that hostile actions of Ukraine against Russia continue, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Thursday.
- Ukraine Urges African Nations to End Neutrality on Russia's Invasion VOA 25 May 2023 -- Ukraine's foreign minister has urged African nations to support his country and end their neutral stance on Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- I am certain you will continue to lead the free world, and this century will be our century, where freedom, innovation and democratic values reign - address by the President of Ukraine to the graduates of Johns Hopkins University President of Ukraine 25 May 2023
- The more Russian prisoners of war we will take, the more of our people we will return - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 25 May 2023
- President met with the Minister of Defence of Sweden President of Ukraine 25 May 2023
- When cities and communities of the European Union cooperate directly with cities and communities of Ukraine, it strengthens our Europe - President's address to the EU Committee of the Regions President of Ukraine 25 May 2023
- Andriy Sybiha met with the heads of the embassies of the Baltic States and Northern Europe in Ukraine President of Ukraine 25 May 2023
- Reliable communication connects Ukrainians and enables our soldiers and Ukraine to be effective in defense - Volodymyr Zelenskyy on the occasion of the Day of the State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine President of Ukraine 25 May 2023
- Andriy Yermak had a phone call with Anders Fogh Rasmussen President of Ukraine 25 May 2023
- Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine had a video call with the Minister of Enterprises and Production of Italy President of Ukraine 25 May 2023
- Press release on the situation around the Istanbul Agreements Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 25 May 2023
- Russia arrests two Ukrainians suspected of plotting to attack nuclear power station lines Press TV 25 May 2023 -- Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB) says it has arrested two Ukrainians suspected of plotting an attack on nuclear power plants.
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Call With Ukrainian Minister of Defence Oleksii Reznikov DoD 25 May 2023
- Opening Remarks by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III at the 12th Ukraine Defense Contact Group (As Delivered) DoD 25 May 2023
- Defense Contact Group Remains Steadfast on Ukraine Support DoD News 25 May 2023 -- Unity in supporting Ukraine against the Russian invasion remains the touchstone of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III said today at the conclusion of the 12th meeting of the group.
- Top U.S. General Says Russia Won't Win In Ukraine, But Fight Will Be Long And 'Bloody' RFE/RL 25 May 2023 -- The top U.S. commander, General Mark Milley, has said Russia will not achieve a military victory in Ukraine, forecasting a "hard" and "bloody" fight going forward, as the Ukraine Defense Contact Group (UDCG) of countries supporting Kyiv in its fight against Russia conducted an international virtual meeting.
- Report: US Intel Agencies Assess Ukraine Was Behind Kremlin Drone Attack Sputnik 25 May 2023 -- US intelligence agencies assess that Ukraine was likely behind the drone attack on the Kremlin in Moscow earlier this month, US media reported Wednesday.
- US approves $285 million sale of NASAMS air system, related equipment to Ukraine Press TV 25 May 2023 -- The United States has approved a $285 million sale of an air defense system and related equipment to Ukraine to bolster Kiev's ability against Russia as the military conflict in the ex-Soviet nation enters its 15th month.
- NATO-Ukraine Commission meeting with First Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine NATO 25 May 2023 -- The NATO-Ukraine Commission held a virtual meeting on Thursday (25 May 2023) with Yuliia Svyrydenko, First Deputy Prime Minister and Economy Minister of Ukraine. Participants discussed Ukraine's needs and reconstruction plans, at a critical phase in Ukraine's fight against Russia's full-fledged invasion and with the NATO Summit in Vilnius in just over six weeks.
- Ukraine: Council adopts renewal of temporary trade liberalisation and other trade concessions EC/CEU 25 May 2023 -- The Council adopted today a Regulation which renews the suspension of all customs duties, quotas and trade defence measures on Ukrainian exports to the EU for another year, until June 2024.
- Ukraine: Deputy Secretary-General Enrique Mora meets Special Envoy of the Chinese Government for Eurasian Affairs Li Hui European External Action Service (EEAS) 25 May 2023 -- Today, Deputy Secretary-General for Political Affairs and Political Director of the European External Action Service, Enrique Mora, received the Special Envoy of the Chinese Government for Eurasian Affairs, Li Hui, in Brussels.
- UK May Host First Phase of Ukrainian Fighter Pilots' Training on F-16s - Reports Sputnik 25 May 2023 -- The first phase of training of Ukrainian fighter pilots to fly F-16 fighter jets will be held in the United Kingdom, US media reported on Wednesday, citing a UK government spokesperson.
- Ukraine thanks UK for continued military aid during defence secretary's visit to Kyiv UK FCDO 25 May 2023 -- Ben Wallace held a bilateral meeting with his counterpart, Oleksii Reznikov, in which they discussed priorities for arming Ukraine to achieve victory against Russia
- Peace in Ukraine must be just and lasting: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 25 May 2023 -- Ambassador Neil Holland says that Ukraine must be able to secure peace on their own terms. Russian aggression cannot be rewarded.
- Norway is assessing how to contribute to training and education of Ukrainian personnel on fighter aircraft Government of Norway 25 May 2023 -- Norway will consider how to contribute to the education and training of Ukrainian personnel on the F-16 fighter plane, says Norwegian minister of Defense BjĂ¸rn Arild Gram.
- Defence Minister SklenĂˇr discusses assistance to Ukraine with Ukraine Defence Contact Group (UDCG) partners Ministry of Defence of The Slovak Republic 25 May 2023 -- In a video conference with other defence leaders, Defence Minister Martin SklenĂˇr today attended a meeting of the Ukraine Defence Contact Group (UDCG). The discussion sought to address the operational needs of Ukraine's Armed Forces in its defence against Russia's aggression.
- Finland to send another package of defence materiel to Ukraine Finnish MoD 25 May 2023 -- Russia has consented to extend the Black Sea Initiative on Ukrainian food exports by two months. As a result, the agreement will remain in effect until the end of the planned 120-day cycle (through July 17), whereupon, as it is stipulated in the document, it can be terminated by an objecting party (Russia, TĂĽrkiye, or Ukraine).
- Lithuania announces its next package of support to Ukraine at the Ramstein Format meeting Lithuania MND 25 May 2023 -- On May 25 Minister of National Defence Arvydas AnuĹˇauskas attended a distance meeting of the Ramstein Format of Ukraine's donor countries where he noted the importance of giving Ukraine the Euro-Atlantic perspective and present Lithuania's latest military assistance package.
- Defence Minister Anita Anand announces military aid for Ukraine at the twelfth meeting of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group Canada 25 May 2023 -- Today, the Honourable Anita Anand, Minister of National Defence, and General Wayne Eyre, Chief of the Defence Staff, participated via video link in the twelfth Ukraine Defense Contact Group (UDCG) meeting, hosted by United States Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III.
- Essence of Ukraine crisis is outbreak of contradictions in European security governance: Chinese FM Global Times 25 May 2023 -- The essence of the Ukraine crisis is the outbreak of contradictions in European security governance, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mao Ning said at Thursday's press briefing when commenting on the root causes of the crisis.
- Latest in Ukraine: US Emphasizes It's Not at War With Russia VOA 25 May 2023 -- U.S. military leaders were careful Thursday to distinguish between Washington's continued support for Ukraine's fight against Russia and its insistence that it is not itself at war with Russia.
- Latest in Ukraine: Military Downs All 36 Drones from Russian Attack VOA 25 May 2023 -- Ukraine said Thursday its forces shot down 36 Iranian-made Shahed drones that Russia used to attack areas in western Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|