23 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Ukraine Says Residents Coerced Into Russian Annexation Vote VOA 23 Sep 2022 -- Western nations and Ukraine say voting is a sham that began Friday on Russian referendums aimed at annexing four occupied regions of Ukraine. Some local officials said voters were being intimidated and threatened.
- Russia Forces 'Sham' Vote On Annexation Of Partially Controlled Ukrainian Territories RFE/RL 23 Sep 2022 -- Russia-backed officials in four partially occupied Ukrainian regions are holding so-called referendums on joining the Russian Federation - which some have called sham votes because they are illegal under international law - that the Kremlin is planning to use to annex the territories amid increasing signs that its invasion of Ukraine is faltering.
- 'Complex' Battlefield Situation In Eastern Ukraine As Fighting Continues RFE/RL 23 Sep 2022 -- Britain's Defense Ministry says Ukrainian forces have secured bridgeheads on the eastern bank of the Oskil River in the eastern part of the Kharkiv region, where Russian forces had attempted to establish a consolidated defense line following their hasty withdrawals in the face of the Ukrainian offensive.
- Russian-Orchestrated Voting Begins in Ukraine's Occupied Regions VOA 23 Sep 2022 -- Russian-orchestrated voting has begun in occupied regions of Ukraine in referendums that ask voters if they want their regions to become part of Russia.
- Ukrainian Official Says 436 Bodies Exhumed In Izyum, Including 30 With 'Signs Of Torture' RFE/RL 23 Sep 2022 -- The head of the regional military administration in Ukraine's Kharkiv region, Oleh Synyehubov, says 436 bodies, including 30 with signs of torture, were exhumed from a mass burial site near the eastern city of Izyum recaptured from Russian forces in early September.
- The more added value Ukraine produces, the more added security the people of the world get - speech by the President of Ukraine at the Forbes 400 Summit on Philanthropy President of Ukraine 23 Sep 2022
- Ambassadors of foreign countries visited the liberated city of Izyum and saw the consequences of the Russian occupation President of Ukraine 23 Sep 2022
- Ukraine has shown that the truth, strength, initiative and confidence in victory are on our side - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 23 Sep 2022
- Andriy Yermak had a conversation with Timothy Barrow who thanked for the release of the citizens of the United Kingdom and assured of unwavering support for Ukraine President of Ukraine 23 Sep 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy commissioned the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to respond to the facts of the use of Iranian-made weapons by Russian troops in Ukraine President of Ukraine 23 Sep 2022
- To give hope for the future, and to give people the feeling that they are respected - this is why the First Lady of Ukraine created the Foundation - President's speech at the presentation of the Olena Zelenska Foundation President of Ukraine 23 Sep 2022
- World leaders must firmly state that an attempted nuclear attack on Ukraine will have catastrophic consequences for the Russian Federation - Mykhailo Podolyak in an interview with The Guardian President of Ukraine 23 Sep 2022
- The success of the operation to release people from Russian captivity was facilitated by the active involvement of international partners of Ukraine - Head of the Office of the President President of Ukraine 23 Sep 2022
- Ukraine Strips Iranian Ambassador Of Accreditation After Accusing Tehran Of Supplying Drones To Russia RFE/RL 23 Sep 2022 -- Kyiv said on September 23 that it has stripped the Iranian ambassador of his accreditation and decided to reduce Iran's diplomatic presence in Ukraine to protest drone deliveries to Russia.
- Press release on Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov's meeting with members of the Arab League's Contact Group on the Ukrainian Crisis Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 23 Sep 2022
- Statement from President Biden on Russia's Sham Referenda in Ukraine The White House 23 Sep 2022
- UN Commission Says Evidence Shows War Crimes Have Been Committed In Ukraine RFE/RL 23 Sep 2022 -- UN investigators have concluded that war crimes have been committed during Russia's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, including the bombing of civilians areas, numerous executions, torture, and horrific sexual violence.
- Russian Troops Have Committed War Crimes in Ukraine, UN Investigators Say VOA 23 Sep 2022 -- U.N. investigators say there is evidence that Russian forces who invaded Ukraine in February 2022 committed war crimes. The Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Ukraine presented its findings Friday to the U.N. Human Rights Council.
- G7 Leaders' Statement The White House 23 Sep 2022
- Australia Calls on China to Help End War in Ukraine VOA 23 Sep 2022 -- Australian Foreign Minister Penny Wong called on China to use its influence to end Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Wong spoke to reporters Thursday after a meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|