29 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Senior Defense Official Holds a Background Briefing DoD 29 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on April 29, 2022 Ukraine MOD 29 Apr 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 29.04 Ukraine MOD 29 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 29, 2022 Ukraine MOD 29 Apr 2022
- No Sign Of Evacuation Of Civilians From Mariupol As 'Brutal' Fighting Intensifies RFE/RL 29 Apr 2022 -- Hopes for an evacuation of civilians holed up the besieged port city of Mariupol faded on April 29, and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy indicated there also was little hope for broader peace talks with Moscow.
- Blasts, Bombs, And Drones: Amid Carnage In Ukraine, A Shadow War On The Russian Side Of The Border RFE/RL 29 Apr 2022 -- Early in the morning on April 27, a drone crashed in a muddy field southwest of the Russian city of Kursk, around 100 kilometers northeast of the border with Ukraine. Locals tracked down the destroyed device not long after, and posted photographs to Telegram and other social media.
- Day 65: Russia confirms Kiev airstrike during UN chief's visit Press TV 29 Apr 2022 -- Russia's defense ministry has confirmed that it had carried out a "high-precision" airstrike on Kiev during a visit by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
- Ukraine, Russia conduct fresh prisoner exchange People's Daily 29 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine and Russia on Thursday conducted their seventh prisoner exchange since the start of the conflict, Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk said.
- Lend-Lease and other programs in support of Ukraine prove that freedom is still able to defend itself against tyranny - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 29 Apr 2022
- Ukraine is grateful to Poland and its people for the strong support during the difficult times of the war - President President of Ukraine 29 Apr 2022
- Poland is interested in entering the Ukrainian gas station market - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 29 Apr 2022
- Ukraine seeks to seize Russia's assets for post-conflict recovery: PM People's Daily 29 Apr 2022 -- Kiev is willing to seize Russian assets to finance Ukraine's post-conflict recovery, Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said on Thursday.
- Ukrainian president, UN chief discuss evacuation from Mariupol People's Daily 29 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Thursday discussed the evacuation of people from the besieged city of Mariupol, the presidential press service reported.
- Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova's comment on Ukraine's case in the International Criminal Court Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 29 Apr 2022
- Russian Intel Chief's Statement on Poland's Appetite for Western Ukraine Based on 'Reliable Sources' Sputnik 29 Apr 2022 -- On Thursday, Russian Foreign Intelligence Service chief Sergey Naryshkin said that Warsaw and Washington were plotting to "reunite" Poland with western Ukraine, a statement that was branded "false" by the Polish secret service.
- MoD: Russian Aerospace Forces Eliminate Missile Plant in Kiev Sputnik 29 Apr 2022 -- Russia has been targeting Ukraine's military infrastructure since the beginning of the special operation in February, destroying equipment, military bases, and other facilities.
- M777 Artillery Deliveries Should Help Ukraine in the Donbas, Says Official DoD News 29 Apr 2022 -- Shipments of U.S.-made M777 155 mm howitzers continue to arrive in Ukraine, a senior Defense Department official said during a news conference with the press today.
- U.S. Troops Train Ukrainians in Germany DoD News 29 Apr 2022 -- U.S. service members in Germany have begun training Ukrainian soldiers on key systems being used to defend Ukraine against the Russian invasion, Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby said today.
- Pentagon Slams Russia for 'War Crimes' in Ukraine VOA 29 Apr 2022 -- The Pentagon on Friday blasted the conduct of Russian troops in Ukraine. "It's very clear that Russian forces have committed war crimes," Pentagon press secretary John Kirby told reporters at a daily briefing. "There's no question about that."
- US Seeks Authority to Give Seized Russian Assets to Ukraine VOA 29 Apr 2022 -- The Biden administration is asking Congress for additional legal authority to make it easier for the U.S. government to seize Russian government and oligarch assets and transfer the proceeds to Ukraine.
- US 'very, very much focused' on alleged use of chemical weapons in Ukraine Press TV 29 Apr 2022 -- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has revealed that the Americans were "focused" on the alleged use of chemical weapons in Ukraine by Russian forces.
- What's Behind American Support for Ukraine? VOA 29 Apr 2022 -- As the Russian invasion continues into its third month, Americans are displaying an outpouring of sympathy for Ukrainians and support for Washington's robust assistance to Kyiv.
- Zelenskyy's Invite to G20 Not Enough for Biden VOA 29 Apr 2022 -- The White House is signaling that a decision by Indonesia â€” who holds this year's Group of 20 presidency â€” to invite Ukraine to the November summit in Bali is not enough to ensure the attendance of U.S. President Joe Biden â€” unless Russian President Vladimir Putin is excluded from the gathering.
- Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby Holds a Press Briefing DoD 29 Apr 2022
- Lockheed Martin to Expand Javelin Production Due to Urgency of Situation in Ukraine - CEO Sputnik 29 Apr 2022 -- Lockheed Martin is going to expand its production of Javelin anti-tank missile systems even before the Pentagon orders more given the urgency of the situation in Ukraine, Chairman and CEO James Taiclet said on Friday.
- US: No Sign Russia-Ukraine Negotiations Will Bear Fruit VOA 29 Apr 2022 -- The United States has not seen many signs that Russia-Ukraine negotiations are "proving fruitful" as Moscow's war on the country enters its third month, said a senior State Department official.
- Biden Seeks $33 Billion in New Ukraine Aid VOA 29 Apr 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden asked Congress Thursday to approve $33 billion in additional aid for Ukraine to help it resist invading Russian forces over the next five months. The House overwhelmingly passed legislation aimed at removing obstacles that slow the delivery of military assistance.
- Update 67 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 29 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine formally informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today about the situation at the Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (NPP), which is controlled by Russian forces but still operated by its Ukrainian staff, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- IOM Appeals for USD 514 Million to Support Ukraine Response IOM 29 Apr 2022 -- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is today appealing for USD 514 million to support its continued response to the humanitarian needs of war-affected people in Ukraine and neighbouring countries.
- Congress President meets representatives of Kyiv City Council in show of support for Ukraine Council of Europe 29 Apr 2022 -- The President and Secretary General of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe have met with a delegation of representatives from Kyiv City Council.
- OSCE Asian Partners meeting discusses women's empowerment in disaster risk reduction and emergency responses, with a particular focus on the consequences of the ongoing war against Ukraine OSCE 29 Apr 2022 -- Participants at today's OSCE Asian Partners for Co-operation Group discussion shared experiences and best practices in addressing the specific needs of women, girls and vulnerable groups during natural and man-made disasters, including those resulting from armed conflict.
- Denmark Sends Anti-Tank Mines, Armoured Vehicles and Mortar Shells to Ukraine Sputnik 29 Apr 2022 -- Russia has cautioned the West against arms deliveries its Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov described as "pouring oil on the fire" and warned that shipments to Kiev would be a "legitimate target" for Russian forces.
- UK dispatches war crimes experts to help Ukraine with investigations UK FCDO 29 Apr 2022 -- Foreign Secretary Liz Truss announces that the UK will deploy a team of war crimes experts to support Ukraine with investigations into Russian atrocities.
- Indonesia Invites Zelenskiy To G20 Summit In November That Putin Plans To Attend RFE/RL 29 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has been invited to attend the Group of 20 (G20) summit in November by host nation Indonesia.
- Brazil's Army Refutes Reports About Talks With Germany on Ammunition Deliveries to Ukraine Sputnik 29 Apr 2022 -- The Brazilian Army told Sputnik that it was not holding talks with the German government, which reportedly wants to get ammunition for Gepard anti-aircraft vehicles for Ukraine.
- Moldova: Statement by the High Representative Josep Borrell on the recent security incidents in the Transnistrian region European External Action Service (EEAS) 29 Apr 2022 -- The reported incidents in the Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova that have taken place over the last days are detrimental to the security and stability of the Republic of Moldova. The European Union calls on the responsible actors to avoid the destabilisation of the situation. We strongly welcome the restrained reactions from the authorities of the Republic of Moldova, which help maintain calm in the country.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: April 29 VOA 29 April 2022
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|