Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
04 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Senior Defense Official Holds a Background Briefing DoD 04 Apr 2022
- U.S. Supplying Ukraine With Defensive Weapons as Rapidly as Possible, Says Defense Official DoD News 04 Apr 2022 -- Stinger and Javelin missiles, along with unmanned aerial systems and other defensive materiel are being rushed into Ukraine, according to a Defense Department official.
- Russians Retreating From Around Kyiv, Refitting in Belarus DoD News 04 Apr 2022 -- Roughly two-thirds of Russian forces used to target Ukraine's capital departed Kyiv and are refitting in Belarus, a senior defense official speaking on background said today.
- U.S. Says Russia 'Repositioning' Forces To Mount Offensive In East, South Ukraine RFE/RL 04 Apr 2022 -- U.S. national-security adviser Jake Sullivan says Russian forces are repositioning to regions of Ukraine in the east and south after meeting stronger Ukrainian resistance than they expected near Kyiv.
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on April 4, 2022 Ukraine MOD 04 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 12.00 on April 4, 2022 Ukraine MOD 04 Apr 2022
- Today all Ukraine is forged in battle - Ğ°ddress by the Minister of Defence of Ukraine Oleksii Reznikov Ukraine MOD 04 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 4, 2022 Ukraine MOD 04 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 24.00 on April 3, 2022 Ukraine MOD 04 Apr 2022
- Ukraine's Odesa comes under airstrike People's Daily 04 Apr 2022 -- Explosions rocked Ukraine's southern Black Sea port city of Odesa early Sunday as the city came under an airstrike, the Operation Command South, a formation of the Ukrainian Ground Forces in southern Ukraine, said on Facebook.
- Day 40: Russia denies Bucha killings, says situation 'fake attack' Press TV 04 Apr 2022 -- The Kremlin categorically denies any accusations related to the murder of civilians in the Ukrainian town of Bucha.
- Lavrov: Ukraine's Bucha allegations 'fake attack' to undermine Russia Press TV 04 Apr 2022 -- Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says Ukraine's account of what happened in the town of Bucha is a "fake attack" aiming to undermine Moscow.
- Ukrainian Nationalists Hold 6,500 Foreigners Hostage, 60 Ships Blocked, Russian Military States Sputnik 04 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian nationalists are still holding 6,500 foreigners from 16 countries hostage, with over 60 foreign vessels blocked in the ports of the country, the head of the Russian National Defense Control Center Mikhail Mizintsev said on Monday.
- Moscow Will Expose Anti-Russia Fakes, Will Hold Ukrainian War Criminals Accountable, Lavrov Says Sputnik 04 Apr 2022 -- The Western nations were quick to repeat the accusations of the Ukrainian government claiming that the Russian troops killed civilians in the city of Bucha, promising to take action against Moscow before any probe of the alleged incident could take place. Moscow dismissed the allegations as another provocation by Kiev.
- Kremlin: Russia Categorically Rejects Claims of Involvement in Deaths of People in Bucha Sputnik 04 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian authorities and media have been spreading video footage, allegedly captured in the town of Bucha, showing the bodies of reportedly dead individuals. Kiev blamed them on Russia, while Moscow slammed the allegations, noting that Russian troops had withdrawn from the area days earlier.
- Russian Forces Destroy 3 Ukrainian Choppers in Strike Targeting Airfield Outside Nikolayev, MoD Says Sputnik 04 Apr 2022 -- On 24 February, Russia began a special military operation in Ukraine to demilitarise and de-Nazify the country. The Russian Defence Ministry stressed that the operation only targets Ukraine's military infrastructure with high-precision weapons.
- DPR: Donetsk Militia Seizes Control of Downtown Mariupol Sputnik 04 Apr 2022 -- Over the past few weeks, DPR troops, together with the Russian military, have been clearing Mariupol (the second-largest city in the republic) of the remaining forces of Ukrainian radicals, including the Azov nationalist battalion.
- Update 42 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 04 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that "the morale and the emotional state" of staff working at the country's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) were "very low" a month after Russian military forces seized the site, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- Bucha killings raise 'serious' questions about possible war crimes: Bachelet UN News 04 Apr 2022 -- Senior UN officials have echoed the Secretary-General's call for an independent investigation into the killing of scores of civilians in the Ukrainian town of Bucha, following the emergence this past weekend of graphic images from the suburb of the capital, Kyiv.
- 'Russia Must Answer To The World': Global Condemnation Of Ukraine Killings Mounts RFE/RL 04 Apr 2022 -- Evidence that Russian troops killed dozens of civilians in Ukraine has sparked cries of "war crimes" from the international community and calls for further measures against Moscow, which dismissed the reports as a "provocation."
- Statement from European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen following her phone call with President Zelenskyy on the Commission's reactions to the atrocities in Bucha European Commission 04 Apr 2022
- PACE President reacts to reports of civilian killings by Russian forces around Kyiv Council of Europe 04 Apr 2022
- EU to Hold Urgent Discussions on More Russian Sanctions VOA 04 Apr 2022 -- The European Union said Monday it will hold discussions about a new round of sanctions on Russia, following the reported atrocities in Ukrainian towns that have been occupied by Russian forces.
- Statement by Foreign Minister Baerbock on the expulsion of Russian diplomats from Germany today (4 April) Germany Federal Foreign Office 04 Apr 2022 -- " The images from Bucha show an unbelievable brutality on the part of the Russian leadership and those who follow its propaganda, a destructiveness that knows no bounds. We must fear that similar images will emerge from many other places that Russian troops have occupied in Ukraine."
- Russian Foreign Ministry Vows to Respond to Germany's Decision to Expel Russian Diplomats Sputnik 04 Apr 2022 -- Kiev accused Russia of killing hundreds of civilians in the city of Bucha, in the Kiev region, which was abandoned by Russian troops on 31 March. Moscow slammed those allegations as another "provocation" by Kiev that complicates talks and escalates hostilities.
- European Countries Expel Diplomats Over Russia's Alleged War Crimes RFE/RL 04 Apr 2022 -- Germany, France, Latvia, and Lithuania have announced the expulsion of dozens of Russian diplomats as part of a joint European reaction to the killing of civilians in the Ukrainian town of Bucha, allegedly by Russian forces before they retreated.
- U.S., Britain Call For Russia's Suspension From UN Rights Council RFE/RL 04 Apr 2022 -- The United States and Britain say they are seeking the removal of Russia from the UN Human Rights Council, following reports that Russian forces killed dozens of civilians in the Ukrainian town of Bucha.
- We will not rest until Putin fails and Ukraine prevails: Foreign Secretary's speech in Warsaw UK FCDO 04 Apr 2022 -- Foreign Secretary Liz Truss gave a speech at the British Embassy in Poland about stepping up our efforts to stop Putin's appalling war in Ukraine.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list