Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
2005 Saudi Arabia Special Weapons News
- Gulf Arab Leaders Study Proposal for Nuclear-Free Region VOA 19 Dec 2005 -- Six Arab states on the Persian Gulf are considering a proposal to invite Iran to join in declaring the oil-rich region a nuclear-free zone.
- Transcript of Prince Saud interview with U.S. print journalists Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Washington DC 22 Sep 2005 -- Transcript of the interview given by Prince Saud Al-Faisal, Minister of Foreign Affairs, to U.S. print journalists at the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Washington, DC, September 22, 2005
- Purported Al-Zarqawi Tape Slams Saudi 'Tyrants' RFE/RL 07 Sep 2005 -- Iraq's Al-Qaeda leader Abu Mus'ab al-Zarqawi has slammed Saudi Arabia's rulers as despots allowing Westerners to loot the riches of Islam's birthplace.
- DEATH OF KING FAHD: 'POLITICAL CHANGE IN COURSE IS UNLIKELY' IN RIYADH US Dept. of State IIP, Foreign Media Reaction 04 Aug 2005
- New Saudi King Expected to Push Cautiously for More Political, Economic Reform VOA 04 Aug 2005 -- Saudi Arabia's new King Abdullah is expected to step up the pace of economic and political change in the world's biggest oil-exporting country.
- Saudis Pledge Allegiance to King Abdullah VOA 03 Aug 2005 -- Saudi Arabia's new leader, King Abdullah, has been receiving audiences of citizens pledging their allegiance to him in a traditional investiture ceremony
- Saudi Arabia: Will New King Bring Change, Or More Of The Same? RFE/RL 02 Aug 2005 -- The death of Saudi King Fahd marks the end of an era in the Middle East. Or does it? The new king, Abdullah, has been Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler since Fahd suffered a debilitating stroke a decade ago
- Saudi Diplomat Says New King Is Committed to Strong Relationship with America VOA 01 Aug 2005 -- A high-ranking Saudi diplomat has assured the United States that the kingdom's policies to fight terrorism and insure stable oil supplies will not change following the death of King Fahd.
- President Bush Offers Condolences On Death Of Saudi King Fahd VOA 01 Aug 2005 -- The White House has expressed condolences to Saudi Arabia on the death of King Fahd
- Saudi King Fahd Dies RFE/RL 01 Aug 2005 -- Saudi Arabia's ailing King Fahd has died
- Saudi King Fahd Dies VOA 01 Aug 2005 -- Saudi Arabia's King Fahd has died. The king - who is believed to have been 82-years old - had been in increasingly poor health since suffering a stroke in 1995
- Condolences Pour in on the Death of Saudi Monarch VOA 01 Aug 2005 -- World leaders have been sending their condolences on the death of Saudi Arabia's King Fahd
- Ambassador talks to major foreign policy-security group 21/06/2005 : The Kingdom's ambassador to the UK, HRH Prince Turki Al-Faisal, gave a major speech in Paris last week to a leading foreign policy group in which he set out the facts on Saudi Arabia and on how the work of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahab informed the Kingdom's society.
- SAUDI / ELECTIONS VOA 03 Mar 2005 -- Voters in Saudi Arabia flocked to the polls in the continuation of a three-stage voting process to elect local council members. Voting took place in the eastern and southern provinces of the country, as the kingdom begins a cautious process of reform.
- Saudi Arabia denies buying Pakistan nukes IRNA 10 Feb 2005 -- Saudi Arabian Ambassador to Pakistan has denied his country bought nuclear arms through Abdul Qadeer Khan`s network, Daily Time reported on Thursday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list