29 August 2022 - Russia Special Weapons News
Defense Policy / Programs
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 29, 2022 Ukraine MOD 29 Aug 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 29.08 Ukraine MOD 29 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 29, 2022 Ukraine MOD 29 Aug 2022
- Senior Defense Official and Senior Military Official Hold a Background Briefing DoD 29 Aug 2022 -- Senior Defense Official; Senior Military Official
- Ukraine: Counteroffensive Underway in Southern Region Russia Seized Early in War VOA 29 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine said Monday it has launched a counteroffensive to try to retake territory in the southern part of the country that Russia seized in the earliest weeks of its six-month invasion.
- Ukraine Claims Breakthroughs Made Against Russian Forces In Southern Offensive RFE/RL 29 Aug 2022 -- A senior adviser to President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said Ukrainian forces had broken through Russian defensive lines in several fronts as part of Kyiv's newly launched southern offensive near the strategic city of Kherson, which has been occupied by Russian forces since early in the war.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Russian Efforts to Raise Numbers of Troops 'Unlikely to Succeed,' U.S. Official Says DoD News 29 Aug 2022 -- Russia is desperately trying to fill its ranks depleted by its poor showing in its unprovoked war on Ukraine, a senior defense official said speaking on background today.
- Russia Condemns Statements About Increasing NATO Presence in the Arctic Sputnik 29 Aug 2022 -- Russia negatively assesses NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg's statement about increasing the alliance's presence in the Arctic, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday.
- BrahMos Hypersonic Missile May Be Created in 2027-2028, Co-Director of Indo-Russian Venture Says Sputnik 29 Aug 2022 -- The BrahMos missile is a ramjet-propelled supersonic cruise missile launched from submarines, ships, aircraft, or land. The Indo-Russian venture had significant success this year, with the Philippines signing an agreement to purchase the anti-ship missile for its armed forces.
- Telephone conversation with Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan President of Russia 29 Aug 2022
- U.S. Ambassador Vows West 'Won't Leave Bosnia To Russia' RFE/RL 29 Aug 2022 -- The U.S. ambassador to Bosnia-Herzegovina says Washington's commitment to that Balkan state is "enduring" and it is committed along with its European allies to Bosnia's "territorial integrity, sovereignty and security, and multiethnic character."
- Interview: EU Foreign Policy Chief Expects Brussels To Further Restrict Visas For Russians RFE/RL 29 Aug 2022 -- European Union foreign policy chief Josep Borrell says he expects a further tightening of measures to punish Moscow for its unprovoked invasion of Ukraine but he is not in favor of completely banning visas for Russians.
- Russia's Latest Move Toward 'De-Dollarization' Seen as Symbolic VOA 29 Aug 2022 -- In the Russian government's latest move to reduce its reliance on a global financial system dominated by the United States and its allies, Kremlin authorities Monday began a policy of barring the use of U.S. dollars as collateral for transactions on the Moscow Exchange, Russia's largest financial services marketplace.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|