29 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 29, 2022 Ukraine MOD 29 Aug 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 29.08 Ukraine MOD 29 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 29, 2022 Ukraine MOD 29 Aug 2022
- Senior Defense Official and Senior Military Official Hold a Background Briefing DoD 29 Aug 2022 -- Senior Defense Official; Senior Military Official
- Ukraine: Counteroffensive Underway in Southern Region Russia Seized Early in War VOA 29 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine said Monday it has launched a counteroffensive to try to retake territory in the southern part of the country that Russia seized in the earliest weeks of its six-month invasion.
- Ukraine Claims Breakthroughs Made Against Russian Forces In Southern Offensive RFE/RL 29 Aug 2022 -- A senior adviser to President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said Ukrainian forces had broken through Russian defensive lines in several fronts as part of Kyiv's newly launched southern offensive near the strategic city of Kherson, which has been occupied by Russian forces since early in the war.
- The occupiers should know: we will oust them to our border, the line of which has not changed - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 29 Aug 2022
- The Yermak-Rasmussen group is finalizing the draft recommendations on future security guarantees for Ukraine President of Ukraine 29 Aug 2022
- President at the Bled Strategic Forum: I do not have the exact dates of the deoccupation of Ukrainian territories, but I have the exact understanding of how we will do it President of Ukraine 29 Aug 2022
- European countries and the entire free world should encourage Russian citizens to fight for a change in Russian policy - address by the President of Ukraine to the participants of the Bled Strategic Forum (Slovenia) President of Ukraine 29 Aug 2022
- You can't get tired of the war in Ukraine, as it is being waged for the peaceful life that Europeans are now having - Volodymyr Zelenskyy during a conversation with French businesses President of Ukraine 29 Aug 2022
- It is important to do everything so that Russia can never again blackmail either Ukraine or France - speech by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy at the annual meeting of French entrepreneurs under the auspices of the MEDEF business association President of Ukraine 29 Aug 2022
- Energy independence from Russia is of fundamental importance for all Europeans, and only together can we protect Europe - speech by the President of Ukraine at the Offshore Northern Seas Conference 2022 President of Ukraine 29 Aug 2022
- Russia: World must make Ukraine reduce military tension at Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant Press TV 29 Aug 2022 -- Moscow has called for global pressure on Ukraine to reduce military tension at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, which is under Russian control, as the war between Russia and Ukraine enters its seventh month.
- Russia hopes IAEA mission to Zaporizhzhia will 'dispel misconceptions' Press TV 29 Aug 2022 -- Russia says it welcomes the International Atomic Energy Agency's (IAEA) upcoming mission to the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in Russian-controlled territory of eastern Ukraine, the RIA Novosti news agency has reported.
- Russian Efforts to Raise Numbers of Troops 'Unlikely to Succeed,' U.S. Official Says DoD News 29 Aug 2022 -- Russia is desperately trying to fill its ranks depleted by its poor showing in its unprovoked war on Ukraine, a senior defense official said speaking on background today.
- US says accelerating production of HIMARS missiles for Ukraine Press TV 29 Aug 2022 -- The United States is accelerating production of High Mobility Rocket Systems (HIMARS) for delivery to Ukraine as its war with Russia continues with no end in sight.
- U.S. Calls For 'Controlled Shutdown' Of Zaporizhzhya Plant As IAEA Inspectors Seek Access RFE/RL 29 Aug 2022 -- The United States said a "controlled shutdown" of the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine was the "safest option" and urged Moscow to agree to a demilitarized zone around the site, where increased fighting is sparking fears of a possible massive radiation leak.
- IAEA Support and Assistance Mission Sets Out to Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine IAEA 29 Aug 2022 -- "We must protect the safety and security of Ukraine's and Europe's biggest nuclear facility, IAEA Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said this morning as he and a team of IAEA experts and inspectors set off from the Agency's headquarters in Vienna for the IAEA Support and Assistance Mission to Zaporizhzhya (ISAMZ) in Ukraine."
- Ukraine: UN atomic energy experts head to stricken nuclear power station UN News 29 Aug 2022 -- A team of UN atomic energy experts set out on Monday for Zaporizhzya nuclear power station in Ukraine, after months of rising tensions between Ukrainian and Russian forces, who have accused each other of shelling the plant.
- UN Team on Way to Assess Ukrainian Nuclear Power Plant VOA 29 Aug 2022 -- The head of the U.N.'s atomic energy agency said it has a team on the way to visit Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, situated near the front line of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- UN Team To Inspect Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Plant Amid Radiation Fears RFE/RL 29 Aug 2022 -- A mission from the UN's nuclear safety agency is due later this week to visit the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine, where increased fighting is sparking fears of a possible massive radiation leak.
- Norway to use NOK 2 billion to help procure natural gas for Ukraine Government of Norway 29 Aug 2022 -- Russia's war on Ukraine is having a dramatic impact on energy security and the economic situation in Ukraine. The Norwegian Government is proposing to provide NOK 2 billion to help ensure that Ukrainians have access to natural gas in the coming winter.
- Sweden Promises More Military Aid To Kyiv During Visit By Ukrainian Foreign Minister RFE/RL 29 Aug 2022 -- Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson has promised to provide a further 500 million crowns ($46.75 million) in military assistance to Ukraine to help it defend itself against Russia's ongoing invasion.
- Former Ukrainian Lawmaker Who Became Russia-Appointed Official In Kherson Region Found Dead RFE/RL 29 Aug 2022 -- Former Ukrainian lawmaker Oleksiy Kovalyov, who joined the Russia-imposed Kherson regional government after Russian armed forces took over parts of Ukraine's southeast, has been found dead.
- Joint Statement on the Contribution of Cooperative Threat Reduction Partnerships to Global Health Security US Dept. of State 29 Aug 2022 -- The text of the following statement was released by the Governments of the United States of America, Armenia, Georgia, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Philippines, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|