Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
28 August 2022 - Russia Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 28, 2022 Ukraine MOD 28 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 27, 2022 Ukraine MOD 28 Aug 2022
- Ukrainian Forces Continue To Repel Russian Attacks On Key Donbas City Of Bakhmut RFE/RL 28 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian military forces have continued to foil Russian attempts to break through around the strategic city of Bakhmut to extend control over the Donbas region.
- Russia Launches New Attacks Near Nuclear Plant, Ukraine Says VOA 28 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine and Russia each accused the other of attacks near Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant Sunday, amid ongoing international concern that the facility itself could be hit and cause a radiation leak.
- Shelling of Energodar by Ukrainian Troops Leaves Nine Injured - Local Administration Sputnik 28 Aug 2022 -- The shelling of the city of Energodar in the Zaporozhye region has left nine people injured, two of whom are in serious condition, the head of the regional military-civil administration Yevgeny Balitsky said.
- Russia says Ukraine shelled around Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant 3 times Press TV 28 Aug 2022 -- Russia has lambasted Ukraine for shelling the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, which is under Russian control, three times in the past 24 hours despite a risk of leaking at the station.
- Medvedev: Russia can't stop war even if Ukraine drops NATO bid Press TV 28 Aug 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin's top ally, Dmitry Medvedev, says if Ukraine had been allowed to join NATO, World War Three could have begun.
Defense Policy / Programs
- US spy agency threaten Turkish businessmen over Russia trade Press TV 28 Aug 2022 -- Local offices of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in Turkey have "openly" threatened Turkish businessmen for trading with Russia while snooping into their real estate deals over concerns about possible evasion of US-led sanctions against Moscow, local news outlets reported.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list