28 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 28, 2022 Ukraine MOD 28 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 27, 2022 Ukraine MOD 28 Aug 2022
- Ukrainian Forces Continue To Repel Russian Attacks On Key Donbas City Of Bakhmut RFE/RL 28 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian military forces have continued to foil Russian attempts to break through around the strategic city of Bakhmut to extend control over the Donbas region.
- Russia Launches New Attacks Near Nuclear Plant, Ukraine Says VOA 28 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine and Russia each accused the other of attacks near Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant Sunday, amid ongoing international concern that the facility itself could be hit and cause a radiation leak.
- We have not forgotten and will not forget any of our cities and any of our people - address of the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 28 Aug 2022
- President of Ukraine holds secret meeting with representatives of defense, security sector President of Ukraine 28 Aug 2022
- Shelling of Energodar by Ukrainian Troops Leaves Nine Injured - Local Administration Sputnik 28 Aug 2022 -- The shelling of the city of Energodar in the Zaporozhye region has left nine people injured, two of whom are in serious condition, the head of the regional military-civil administration Yevgeny Balitsky said.
- Russia says Ukraine shelled around Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant 3 times Press TV 28 Aug 2022 -- Russia has lambasted Ukraine for shelling the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, which is under Russian control, three times in the past 24 hours despite a risk of leaking at the station.
- Medvedev: Russia can't stop war even if Ukraine drops NATO bid Press TV 28 Aug 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin's top ally, Dmitry Medvedev, says if Ukraine had been allowed to join NATO, World War Three could have begun.
- US military task arms maker to produce anti-air missiles for Ukraine Press TV 28 Aug 2022 -- The US military has signed a $182 million contract with major American weapons maker Raytheon to manufacture NASAMS (National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems) for the Ukrainian armed forces.
- Update 96 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 28 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine has informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) of renewed shelling in recent days at the site of the country's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP), but it said all safety systems remained operational and there had been no increase in radiation levels, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said today.
- Ukraine: Renewed shelling at Zaporizhzhia plant underlines nuclear accident risk UN News 28 Aug 2022 -- Recent fighting near the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) in Ukraine has again highlighted the potential risk of a disaster, the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) warned on Sunday.
- British undersea mine-hunter drones go to Ukraine Press TV 28 Aug 2022 -- The United Kingdom will provide Ukraine with underwater drones to help detect and clear Russian mines in off-shore waters.
- UK to Reportedly Run Out of Arms and Funds for Ukraine by End of 2022 Sputnik 28 Aug 2022 -- Whoever the incoming prime minister might be, they face a tough choice between stopping to help Kiev or drawing more from the already stressed budget amid Brits' financial woes, The Times said citing anonymous sources.
- German Foreign Minister Says Berlin Wants to 'Help' Ukraine, But Is Out of Weapons Sputnik 28 Aug 2022 -- Germany holds fourth place in the list of military hardware donors to Ukraine with around $1.7 billion spent. Like other western countries, Berlin claims to be helping end the conflict, but the Kremlin has repeatedly pointed out that weapon shipments only embolden Kiev to ignore any diplomatic solution.
- Red Cross, Red Crescent Say Lengthy Ukraine War to Have Severe Consequences for Other Global Crises VOA 28 Aug 2022 -- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies this week warned a lengthy war in Ukraine will have severe humanitarian consequences for other global crises.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|