Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
07 August 2022 - Russia Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 7, 2022 Ukraine MOD 07 Aug 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 07.08 Ukraine MOD 07 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 7, 2022 Ukraine MOD 07 Aug 2022
- Ukraine, Russia Trade Accusations Over Renewed Shelling Of Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 07 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine's state nuclear power agency has said that a worker at the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant was wounded and radiation-monitors were damaged in renewed shelling of the plant on Russian-controlled territory, while Russian authorities have accused Kyiv's forces of carrying out the overnight attack.
- Ukraine Accuses Russia of Again Shelling Nuclear Plant VOA 07 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine accused Russia again Sunday of bombing Europe's largest nuclear power station, the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant, and alleged that Moscow was engaging in "nuclear terror."
- Russia says Ukrainian military hits nuclear plant with new strike Press TV 07 Aug 2022 -- Russian authorities say the Ukrainian military has bombarded a nuclear plant in the southeast part of Ukraine.
- Ukrainian Troops Shell Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant Overnight, Local Authorities Say Sputnik 07 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian troops launched an attack against the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant overnight, using an Uragan multiple rocket launcher, with shrapnel and a rocket engine falling at 400 meters (1,312 feet) from the station's operating power unit, the military and civil administration of the city of Energodar said.
- Zelenskiy Rules Out Talks If Russia Holds Referendums In Occupied Areas RFE/RL 07 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has said that if Moscow holds referendums on joining Russia in occupied areas of his country, there could be no talks with Ukraine or its international allies.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Anniversary of the Russian Invasion of Georgia US Dept. of State 07 Aug 2022 -- Fourteen years ago today, Russia invaded the sovereign nation of Georgia. As we have done since 2008, we remember those killed and injured by Russian forces. For decades, the citizens of Georgia in Abkhazia and South Ossetia have lived under Russian occupation and tens of thousands have been displaced, persecuted, and impoverished. Lives and livelihoods have been taken from them.
- Well-Known Russian Reformer Chubais Discharged From Italian Hospital RFE/RL 07 Aug 2022 -- Post-Soviet reformer Anatoly Chubais, who left Russia following Moscow's invasion of Ukraine, has reportedly been discharged from a hospital in Italy where he was being treated for a rare immunity disorder.
- Blinken kicks off trip to Africa, 'unable to form a new Cold War club' to counter Russia, China Global Times 07 Aug 2022 -- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken arrived in South Africa on Sunday, beginning his trip to Africa that is widely described by the US media outlets as a renewed effort to bring back allies and a revival of Cold War-style politics. Although in an attempt to counter the influence of China and Russia, the US is unable to form a new club to achieve its goal of containing the two countries, considering the significant cooperation between China and Africa and Russia's deep engagement with the region, analysts said.
- Iran rejects reports Russia will control its satellite Press TV 07 Aug 2022 -- Iran has denied media reports suggesting that Russia will briefly maintain control of an Iranian satellite that will be sent into space next week from a Russian space station in Kazakhstan.
- Tehran Says It Will Control 'From Day One' Iranian Satellite To Be Launched By Russia RFE/RL 07 Aug 2022 -- Tehran says Iranian experts will control "from day one" an Iranian satellite due to be launched by Russia next week, rejecting reports that it will be first used by Moscow to "enhance its surveillance of military targets" in Ukraine.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list