June 2013 - Libya Special Weapons News
- Top UN envoy congratulates new head of Libya legislative body UN News Centre 26 Jun 2013 -- Top UN envoy in Libya congratulated Nouri Ali Busahmin on his election.
- Libya elects Berber as national assembly president PressTV 26 Jun 2013 -- Libya’s national assembly has elected Nouri Abusahmen as its new president.
- Unidentified gunmen kill six soldiers near Libyan city of Sirte PressTV 25 Jun 2013 -- At least six Libyan soldiers have been killed after unidentified gunmen attacked a military checkpoint near Sirte.
- Security Council urges dialogue among Libyans UN News Centre 21 Jun 2013 -- The United Nations Security Council has renewed its call to Libyans to resolve disagreements peacefully and through dialogue.
- UN Says Libya Continues to Face Difficult Transition VOA 18 Jun 2013 -- A senior United Nations diplomat says Libya continues to face a difficult transition from the regime of Moammar Gadhafi.
- Gaddafi's son to be put on trial in August: Libyan Officials PressTV 18 Jun 2013 -- A top Libyan official says the trial for the second son of slain Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi will be held in August.
- In wake of attacks, UN calls on Libyans to support legitimate institutions UN News Centre 16 Jun 2013 -- The United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) today called on all citizens to support their country's legitimate institutions, following armed attacks in Benghazi, which resulted in several deaths and injuries.
- Libya army chief of staff resigns after violent clashes Iran Press TV 09 Jun 2013 -- Libyan army chief of staff Youssef al-Mangoush has tendered his resignation after deadly unrest killed more than two dozen people in the eastern city of Benghazi.
- UN Libya mission calls for restraint after latest violence in Benghazi UN News Centre 09 Jun 2013 -- The United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL)today expressed "deep concern" regarding the outbreak of violence in Benghazi that claimed the lives of many people and left many others injured.
- Libya's Army Chief Resigns After Deadly Benghazi Clashes VOA 09 Jun 2013 -- Libya's army chief has resigned after clashes between protesters and a government-aligned militia left 31 people dead in the eastern city of Benghazi.
- Extremists Setting Up Shop In Libya VOA 07 Jun 2013 -- Growing lawlessness in southern Libya and an influx of Islamist militants from Mali are stoking worries that Libya's security weaknesses are fast becoming a destabilizing factor in the region.
- NATO to send team of experts to Libya Iran Press TV 04 Jun 2013 -- NATO will send a team of experts to Libya to give technical advice to the Libyan military in terms of training as the North African country faces a flow of fighters from Mali.
- NATO to send expert team to Libya to assess aid request NATO 04 Jun 2013 -- NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said ahead of the start Tuesday's (4 June 2013) NATO Defence Ministerial that Allied nations have decided to send an expert-level delegation to Libya to identify areas where NATO can provide assistance. "Last week the Libyan government requested NATO's advice in the security field. We have already moved fast to respond," the Secretary General said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|