Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
October 2022 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Israeli PM visits Karish gas rig after reaching landmark deal with Lebanon People's Daily 31 Oct 2022 -- Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid on Sunday visited the Karish gas rig in the Mediterranean for the first time since his country signed a historic maritime demarcation deal with Lebanon.
- Satellite images show Israeli missile system deployed in UAE amid fears of Yemen's retaliatory attacks Press TV 29 Oct 2022 -- Newly-emerged satellite images show that Israeli-made Barak missile systems have been deployed in the United Arab Emirates, in a new sign of developing relations between Abu Dhabi and the regime in Tel Aviv two years after the two normalized their ties.
- PM Lapid Holds Security Assessment following the Terrorist Attack in Kiryat Arba Israel - Prime Minister 29 Oct 2022 -- Prime Minister Yair Lapid, this evening, held a security assessment following the terrorist attack in Kiryat Arba and ordered that security forces in the area be reinforced.
- Israel and Palestine must take steps to 'restore calm' in occupied West Bank UN News 28 Oct 2022 -- With daily violence spiralling out of control in the occupied West Bank, leaders in both Israel and Palestine need to take steps to restore calm as best they can, "with the full support of the international community", said the UN's top official in the region on Friday.
- The urgent need to avoid further escalation in the West Bank UK FCDO 28 Oct 2022 -- Statement from Ambassador Barbara Woodward at the Security Council Debate on the situation in the Middle East, including the Palestinian question
- Israel/Lebanon: Statement by the Spokesperson on the signing of the agreement on the maritime boundary European External Action Service (EEAS) 28 Oct 2022 -- The European Union warmly welcomes the signing of the agreement on the delineation of the maritime boundary between Lebanon and Israel.
- Israeli-Turkish defense ministers meet for 1st time since 2010 People's Daily 28 Oct 2022 -- Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz visited Trkiye on Thursday for the first meeting between the two countries' defense ministers since 2010 after years of strain in bilateral ties.
- MFA response to second COI report Israel MFA 27 Oct 2022 -- The anti-Israel stance of UN Human Rights Council, its investigative committee, and its three heads is well known; the report can be neither objective nor balanced.
- Hailed as 'very big victory', Lebanon finalizes maritime deal with Israel Press TV 27 Oct 2022 -- Lebanon and Israel have separately signed a US-brokered deal, which demarcates the maritime border in the Mediterranean Sea even though they remain technically at war.
- Statement by President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. on the Conclusion of the Israel-Lebanon Maritime Boundary Dispute The White House 27 Oct 2022
- Historic Agreement Establishing a Permanent Israel-Lebanon Maritime Boundary US Dept. of State 27 Oct 2022 -- The United States congratulates the Governments of Israel and Lebanon for finalizing their agreement, facilitated by the United States, to establish a permanent maritime boundary. This historic achievement will advance security, stability, and prosperity for the region, and it demonstrates the transformative power of American diplomacy.
- PM Lapid Meets with Amos Hochstein on the Maritime Border Agreement with Lebanon Israel - Prime Minister 27 Oct 2022 -- Prime Minister Yair Lapid met this evening, at the Kirya in Tel Aviv, with US mediator Amos Hochstein, following the approval of the maritime agreement between Israel and Lebanon at this morning's Cabinet meeting and Prime Minister Lapid's signing of the agreement alongside the Israeli negotiating team.
- The Government of Israel has just approved the agreement on a maritime boundary between Israel and Lebanon Israel - Prime Minister 27 Oct 2022
- PM Lapid's Remarks at the Start of the Special Cabinet Meeting to Approve the Maritime Agreement between Israel and Lebanon Israel - Prime Minister 27 Oct 2022
- No: 323, 27 October 2022, Press Release Regarding the Signing of the Maritime Boundary Delimitation Agreement Between Lebanon and Israel Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 27 Oct 2022 -- "We welcome the maritime boundary delimitation agreement signed today (27 October) between Lebanon and Israel, with mediation of the United States, as a result of indirect talks."
- Middle East: Statement by the Spokespersons of the Foreign Ministries of France, Germany, Italy and Spain Germany Federal Foreign Office 26 Oct 2022
- President Herzog meets with U.S. President Biden at the White House Israel MFA 26 Oct 2022
- Security a Focus as Biden Hosts Israel's President VOA 26 Oct 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden met with Israeli President Isaac Herzog at the White House on Wednesday to address regional security challenges, including the threat posed by Iran and ways to deepen Israel's regional integration and normalization with the Arab world.
- Remarks by President Biden and President Herzog of the State of Israel Before Bilateral Meeting The White House 26 Oct 2022
- Readout of President Joseph R. Biden, Jr.'s Meeting with President Isaac Herzog of Israel The White House 26 Oct 2022
- Readout of Under Secretary of Defense For Policy Dr. Colin Kahl's Meeting With Israeli Ministry of Defense Director General Amir Eshel DoD 25 Oct 2022
- Secretary Blinken's Meeting with Israeli President Herzog US Dept. of State 25 Oct 2022
- PM Yair Lapid Comments on Last Night's Operation in Nablus Israel - Prime Minister 25 Oct 2022 -- Prime Minister Lapid spoke with IDF, ISA and Israel National Counter-Terrorism Unit commanders who took part in last night's operation in Nablusand discussed with them the details of the preliminary review of the operation, in relation to the operational plan that had been presented to him previously.
- UNIFIL chief expresses hope about diplomatic, political solution between Lebanon, Israel People's Daily 25 Oct 2022 -- The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) reaffirmed on Monday "its strong commitment to creating space for a political and diplomatic solution between Lebanon and Israel."
- Israeli Prime Minister Welcomes Permission for Operations at Karish Gas Field Sputnik 25 Oct 2022 -- Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid welcomes the decision of the energy ministry to grant Energean permission to start operations at the Karish gas field, the prime minister's office said on Tuesday.
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken and Israeli President Isaac Herzog Before Their Meeting US Dept. of State 25 Oct 2022
- Joint Statement of the 48th U.S.-Israel Joint Political-Military Group US Dept. of State 25 Oct 2022 -- "Today, in Washington, D.C., senior U.S. and Israeli civilian and military officials convened the first in-person, bilateral Joint Political-Military Group (JMPG) since the start of the COVID pandemic."
- Albania, Israel Discuss Cybersecurity After Iran Attack VOA 24 Oct 2022 -- One month after Albania cut diplomatic relations with Iran following a cyberattack, Albania's prime minister arrived Sunday in Israel for a three-day visit that includes meeting with Israeli cyber defense officials.
- Syrian air defenses intercept, confront Israeli missile barrage targeting Damascus suburbs Press TV 24 Oct 2022 -- Syrian air defense units have managed to intercept and bring down most of the missiles launched by the Israeli military at various targets in the vicinity of the Arab country's capital city of Damascus.
- One Syrian Soldier Injured as Result of Missile Strike by Israel: Syrian Defense Ministry Sputnik 24 Oct 2022 -- Last week, Syrian air defense systems destroyed two cruise missiles and four guided bombs launched by Israel's F-16 fighters at the airports of Damascus and Al-Dimas.
- Iran arrests 10 people on charges of cooperation with Mossad IRNA 24 Oct 2022 -- Ten people have been arrested in Iran on charges of cooperation with the Zionist intelligence agency Mossad, according to the portal of the Iranian Judiciary.
- Iran arrests Mossad-affiliated terrorist network in West Azarbaijan Press TV 24 Oct 2022 -- Iranian security forces have arrested 10 members of an espionage and terrorist network affiliated with the Israeli spy agency Mossad.
- Iran Says It Has Arrested 10 Agents Working For Israel RFE/RL 24 Oct 2022 -- Iran says it has arrested 10 people who were working for Israel as "Mossad-related agents" in the province of West Azerbaijan.
- Syrian Air Defense Shot Down 2 Missiles, 4 Bombs Fired by Israel - Russian Military Sputnik 23 Oct 2022 -- Syrian air defense systems destroyed two cruise missiles and four guided bombs launched by Israel's F-16 fighters at the airports of Damascus and Al-Dimas on Friday, Col. Andrei Boldyrev, the deputy head of the Russian Center for the Reconciliation of Warring Parties in Syria, said on Saturday.
- Syria encounters Israeli air raid on Damascus countryside Press TV 22 Oct 2022 -- The official Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) reported the aerial assault on Friday, citing a "military source."
- Syrian Air Defenses Repel Enemy Airstrikes Over Damascus - State Media Sputnik 21 Oct 2022 -- Israeli F-16s previously deployed a series of missile attacks in Syria in late August, dropping some four cruise missiles and 16 guided aerial bombs, according to the Russian military. The August strike led to damages on warehouses belonging to the Syrian Science Center.
- Israeli occupation of Palestinian territory illegal: UN rights commission UN News 20 Oct 2022 -- Israel's occupation of Palestinian territory is unlawful under international law due to its permanence and the Israeli government's de facto annexation policies, a UN-appointed Commission of Inquiry said in its first report, published on Thursday.
- Commission of Inquiry finds that the Israeli occupation is unlawful under international law UN Human Rights Council 20 Oct 2022 -- There are reasonable grounds to conclude that the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territory is now unlawful under international law due to its permanence and the Israeli Government's de-facto annexation policies, according to the first report to the General Assembly issued today by the United Nations Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and Israel.
- Australian government reverses recognition of West al-Quds as 'capital' of Israel Press TV 18 Oct 2022 -- The Australian government says it has reversed a previous controversial decision taken by its conservative predecessor to recognize the western part of the occupied city of al-Quds as the Israeli regime's so-called capital.
- Malaysia busts Mossad team, secures release of kidnapped Palestinian activist Press TV 18 Oct 2022 -- Malaysian authorities have secured the release of a Palestinian activist who was kidnapped by agents of the Israeli spy agency over alleged links with the armed wing of the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas.
- Israel will 'destroy' relations with Moscow if Tel Aviv sends arms to Ukraine: Medvedev Press TV 17 Oct 2022 -- Russia's former President Dmitry Medvedev says Israel will "destroy" all ties with Moscow if Tel Aviv insists on the "very reckless move" of supplying Ukraine with weapons.
- Medvedev: Israeli Arms Deliveries to Kiev Will Destroy Moscow-Tel Aviv Ties Sputnik 17 Oct 2022 -- Kiev began asking Israel to deliver air defense systems and other advanced weaponry earlier this year. Last month, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky expressed "shock" over Tel Aviv's continued intransigence on the matter. On Sunday, Israeli minister of diaspora affairs Nachman Shai said it was time for Israel to reverse course.
- Israel approves construction of hundreds of new settler units in northern al-Quds Press TV 17 Oct 2022 -- In flagrant defiance of international outcry against settlement expansion and land grab policies in occupied Palestinian territories, Israeli authorities have approved plans for the construction of hundreds of new settler units in the northern part of al-Quds.
- Lebanon says Israeli gunboats violate its territorial waters several times Press TV 16 Oct 2022 -- Lebanon says Israeli gunboats have violated the country's territorial waters several times, days after Beirut and Tel Aviv approved a deal over their disputed maritime border.
- Lebanon's President Aoun announces approval of maritime border deal with Israel but rejects any normalization Press TV 13 Oct 2022 -- Lebanon has approved a US-mediated maritime border deal with Israel, with President Michel Aoun stressing that the country has recovered a large swathe of its territory without even conceding a single square kilometer to the regime.
- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III Hails Breakthrough on the Israel-Lebanon Maritime Boundary DoD 13 Oct 2022
- Biden Hails 'Historic' Israel-Lebanon Maritime Border Agreement VOA 11 Oct 2022 -- President Joe Biden on Tuesday hailed a U.S.-brokered maritime border agreement between Israel and Lebanon as a "historic breakthrough in the Middle East" that allows cash-strapped Lebanon to explore potential gas deposits in the Mediterranean Sea, while giving Israel more security and stability in the volatile region.
- Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials on the Israel-Lebanon Maritime Agreement The White House 11 Oct 2022
- Readout of President Joe Biden's Call with President Michel Aoun of Lebanon The White House 11 Oct 2022
- Statement by President Joe Biden on Breakthrough Diplomacy in the Middle East The White House 11 Oct 2022
- Readout of President Joe Biden's Call with Prime Minister Yair Lapid of Israel The White House 11 Oct 2022
- Lebanon, Israel Close to Maritime Gas Deal VOA 06 Oct 2022 -- Lebanon and Israel appear close to completing a maritime deal that would permit offshore natural gas exploration and potentially defuse a historic conflict between the Jewish state and the Iran-backed Hezbollah militia, Lebanon's powerbroker.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list