Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
July 2022 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Israel has no choice but to recognize Lebanon's right to tap maritime gas resources: Top Hezbollah official Press TV 31 Jul 2022 -- A high-ranking official with the Hezbollah resistance movement has reiterated Lebanon's unalienable right to explore untapped gas and oil reserves that lie in the eastern Mediterranean, saying that Israel must recognize this fact and not impede hydrocarbon exploration and extraction in the area.
- Hezbollah Releases Surveillance Video Threatening Gas Drilling Ships in Disputed Waters Sputnik 31 Jul 2022 -- The Lebanese militant group Hezbollah disseminated a drone video in local media on Sunday showing fuel drilling ships in disputed waters on the border of Israel and Lebanon, with the recording ending with the words "in the crossfire."
- Prime Minister Yair Lapid sends letter to UN Secretary-General Ant├│nio Guterres demanding immediate removal of all members of UN's Commission of Inquiry and its disbanding Israel - Prime Minister 31 Jul 2022 -- Prime Minister Yair Lapid, today , sent a letter to United Nations Secretary-General Ant├│nio Guterres demanding, "the immediate removal of all three members of the Commission of Inquiry tasked with investigating Israel, and the disbanding of the Commission."
- Israel grounds F-35 fighter jets, citing US-reported defects Press TV 31 Jul 2022 -- Israel has put a halt on its stealth fighter F-35 aircraft's activities, citing a US-reported discovery of defects in the warplane's pilot ejection system.
- Israel Grounds Troubled F-35 Jets Over Faulty Ejector Seats Sputnik 31 Jul 2022 -- At least 50 F-35 fighter jets have been purchased by Israel from US defense contractor Lockheed Martin. Some 33 aircraft have already been delivered, and the rest will follow through 2024 in batches of two and three.
- PM Lapid's Remarks at the Start of the Weekly Cabinet Meeting Israel - Prime Minister 31 Jul 2022
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Israeli Defense Minister Gantz US Dept. of State 30 Jul 2022
- Readout of Secretary Mayorkas's Meeting with Israeli Minister of Public Security Omer Bar Lev DHS 29 Jul 2022
- Israel's advanced atomic military program poses serious threat to global security, NPT: Iran Press TV 29 Jul 2022 -- Iran says the Israeli regime's advanced atomic military program poses a serious threat to international security and the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT), urging the UN nuclear agency to fulfill its responsibility in this regard.
- Deputy Secretary Sherman's Meeting with Israeli Minister for Public Security Bar Lev US Dept. of State 29 Jul 2022
- EU admits top officials' phones hacked using Israeli spyware Press TV 29 Jul 2022 -- The European Union found evidence that smartphones used by its staff were compromised by an Israeli company's spy software, says a report citing a letter by the bloc's top justice official.
- Iran Reports Bust Up of Another Mossad Spy Ring Amid Raging Secret Spy War Sputnik 28 Jul 2022 -- The Islamic Republic and the Jewish state have spent more than 40 years engaged in a back-and-forth behind-the-scenes intelligence war involving sabotage attacks, assassinations, and cyber malevolence.
- Iranian security forces capture Mossad-affiliated spy network members Press TV 28 Jul 2022 -- Iranian security forces have arrested the ringleader and members of an espionage network affiliated with the Israeli spy agency Mossad, in the second such development in as many days.
- Statement from the Prime Minister's International Spokeswoman Israel MFA 28 Jul 2022 -- Statement from the Prime Minister's International Spokeswoman in response to antisemitic remarks by UN Commission of Inquiry member Miloon Kothari:
- South African Foreign Minister Says Israel 'Implementing Apartheid' VOA 28 Jul 2022 -- South Africa's chief rabbi has condemned Foreign Minister Naledi Pandor for saying that Israel is "implementing apartheid" in its treatment of Palestinians. Pandor made the comparison to South Africa's past oppressive system of racial segregation during a meeting of the Palestinian Heads of Mission in Africa, held in Pretoria.
- Members Of Alleged Israel-Linked 'Spy Network' Arrested In Iran RFE/RL 28 Jul 2022 -- Iranian police have arrested the leader and four other members of a suspected espionage network that Tehran says has links to Israeli intelligence services.
- PM Lapid Meets with Jordanian King Abdullah II Israel - Prime Minister 27 Jul 2022
- 'Dismantled Israel-linked spy network aimed to target sensitive Iranian defense center' Press TV 27 Jul 2022 -- Iran's intelligence ministry says an espionage team affiliated with the Israeli regime's spy agency Mossad, which was recently dismantled before it could carry out acts of sabotage in the country, had plans to blow up a sensitive defense facility.
- Iran says foiled several bids by Israel through 'successful ops' in recent months Press TV 27 Jul 2022 -- Iran's Intelligence Ministry says it carried out "a number of successful operations" against Israel in recent months, thwarting vicious conspiracies hatched by the occupying Tel Aviv regime and its allied anti-Iran terrorist groups.
- Palestinians and Israelis deserve equal measures of peace, security and prosperity UK FCDO 26 Jul 2022 -- Statement by Ambassador Barbara Woodward at the UN Security Council open debate on the situation in the Middle East
- Israel-Palestine: Reversing 'negative trends' essential, Security Council hears UN News 26 Jul 2022 -- While specific developments within the wider context of the conflict involving Israel and Palestine fluctuate, "the structural reality has not changed," the UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process (UNSCO) informed the Security Council on Tuesday.
- PM Lapid Speaks with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson Israel - Prime Minister 26 Jul 2022
- PM call with Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid: 26 July 2022 Gov.UK 26 Jul 2022
- Nasrallah: No Israeli target out of reach of Hezbollah missiles Press TV 25 Jul 2022 -- Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah says the resistance movement's precision missiles can hit any Israeli target at sea or on land.
- Israel plans to offer monkeypox vaccines this week: PM People's Daily 25 Jul 2022 -- Israel has purchased 10,000 monkeypox vaccine doses and will start offering them once the first batch arrives later this week, Prime Minister Yair Lapid said on Sunday.
- Israeli "spy network" plans to explode Iran's "sensitive" center: report People's Daily 25 Jul 2022 -- An arrested Israeli "spy network" had plans to explode one of the "sensitive" centers in Iran's central Isfahan province, said Iran's Nour News, affiliated with the country's Supreme National Security Council.
- Israel Warns Russia That Shutdown Of Immigration Agency Would Hurt Relations RFE/RL 24 Jul 2022 -- Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid has warned Russia against shutting down an agency that processes the immigration of Jews to Israel, saying the move would have a serious impact on bilateral ties.
- PM Lapid's Remarks at the Start of the Weekly Cabinet Meeting Israel - Prime Minister 24 Jul 2022
- Syria calls on UN Security Council to condemn Israeli attacks on its territories Press TV 23 Jul 2022 -- Syria has called on the UN Security Council to condemn Israel's attacks on its territories following the regime's recent strike that killed three Syrian soldiers and injured seven others near the capital Damascus.
- Iran arrests all members of spying network affiliated with Israel's Mossad Press TV 23 Jul 2022 -- Iranian security forces have dismantled an espionage network linked to the Israeli regime's spy agency, which had plans to carry out terrorist attacks in the country.
- Iran Discloses Detention of Israeli-Linked Agents Plotting 'Terrorist Ops' at 'Sensitive' Sites Sputnik 23 Jul 2022 -- The latest arrest report is the third of its kind to be announced by the Iranian intelligence ministry since March. The next recent occurrence took place on June 14, when state media announced the arrest of a group of "thugs and hooligans" who were recruited by Mossad for kidnapping and assassination operations.
- IDF Publicly Discloses Its Well-Known Use of Attack Drones in Offensive Strikes Sputnik 20 Jul 2022 -- Until now, Israel's military has refrained from disclosing its use of attack drones, and Israelis who have attempted to report on the state's weaponization of armed drones have been promptly met with the threat of the Israel Defense Forces' (IDF) censor.
- PM Lapid Flies over the Karish Natural Gas Platform Israel - Prime Minister 19 Jul 2022 -- Prime Minister Yair Lapid flew over the Karish natural gas platform, today, and was briefed by relevant officials during the flight.
- Iron Dome-Based Air Defense System Prototype Tested in US, Israeli MoD Says Sputnik 18 Jul 2022 -- A prototype missile defense system based on the Israeli Iron Dome technology has been successfully test-fired in the United States, the Israeli Defense Ministry said on Monday.
- A major achievement for Israel: The foreign ministers of the European Union decided today to renew the Association Council with Israel Israel - Prime Minister 18 Jul 2022 -- Prime Minister Yair Lapid: "The fact that 27 EU Foreign Ministers have voted unanimously in favor of strengthening economic and diplomatic ties with Israel is proof of Israel's diplomatic strength and this government's ability to create new opportunities with the international community."
- Biden's nuke rhetoric on Iran 'sales pitch' to charm Israel, says FM Spox Press TV 18 Jul 2022 -- Calling out double standards of the US military-industrial complex, Iran's foreign ministry spokesman on Monday derided US President Joe Biden for his unsubstantiated claim about Iran's peaceful nuclear program.
- PM Lapid's Remarks at the Start of the Weekly Cabinet Meeting Israel - Prime Minister 17 Jul 2022
- Israel's Military Says Intercepted One of Four Missiles Fired From Gaza at Israel Sputnik 16 Jul 2022 -- The Israeli Defense Forces said on Saturday that four projectiles have been fired at Israel from the Gaza Strip, one of the projectiles has been intercepted.
- PM Lapid on Saudi Decision to Open Airspace to Israeli Airlines Israel - Prime Minister 15 Jul 2022
- Status of Israel-Lebanon Maritime Negotiations US Dept. of State 15 Jul 2022
- US Renews Ties with Palestinians, Nudges Saudi - Israel Normalization VOA 15 Jul 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden is in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, the last leg of his trip to the Middle East, flying directly from Tel Aviv on Friday just hours after the Saudi Kingdom announced the opening of its airspace to "all carriers," ending the country's ban on flights to and from Israel.
- Saudi Arabia Opens Airspace for All Civil Air Carriers for Overflying Sputnik 15 Jul 2022 -- Saudi Arabia is opening its airspace for all civil air carriers for overflying, the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) announced on Friday.
- In Reset With Saudis, Biden Bolsters Israel's Security Against Iran Threat VOA 15 Jul 2022 -- President Joe Biden met Saudi King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Jeddah on Friday to bolster Israel's security against the threat of Iran and reassert U.S. influence in the Middle East, engaging a kingdom whose poor human rights record he has condemned in the past.
- U.S., Israel pledge to deny Iran nuclear weapon People's Daily 15 Jul 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid signed a joint declaration in Jerusalem on Thursday, vowing to stop Tehran from obtaining nuclear weapons.
- Remarks by President Biden, Prime Minister Lapid, President bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and Prime Minister Modi at I2U2 Virtual Event The White House 14 Jul 2022
- Joint Statement of the Leaders of India, Israel, United Arab Emirates, and the United States (I2U2) The White House 14 Jul 2022
- Remarks by President Biden and Prime Minister Yair Lapid of the State of Israel The White House 14 Jul 2022
- Readout of President Biden's Meeting with President Herzog of Israel The White House 14 Jul 2022
- Remarks by President Biden and Prime Minister Lapid of the State of Israel After Bilateral Meeting The White House 14 Jul 2022
- The Jerusalem U.S.-Israel Strategic Partnership Joint Declaration The White House 14 Jul 2022
- Biden: Diplomacy Best to Stop Iran Nuclear Ambitions as Israel Pushes Military Option VOA 14 Jul 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden and Israeli acting Prime Minister Yair Lapid publicly differed on the best approach to counter the threat of Iran's nuclear weapons program, as the two leaders signed a joint declaration that reiterates the U.S. commitment to strengthen Israel's ability to defend itself and confront Iran's "aggression and destabilizing activities."
- U.S., Israel Vow In Joint Declaration To Prevent Iran From Obtaining Nukes RFE/RL 14 Jul 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid jointly pledged to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, although the two allies remained divided on specific ways to deal with Tehran.
- US, Israel to Sign Security Pact, Discuss Countering Iran VOA 14 Jul 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden is meeting Thursday with Israeli leaders, with security issues, the war in Ukraine and U.S.-Israeli relations on the agenda as Biden makes his first trip to the Middle East since taking office.
- Statement by National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan on the Opening of Saudi Airspace The White House 14 Jul 2022
- Remarks by President Biden at Arrival Ceremony The White House 13 Jul 2022
- Biden Cites 'Bond' With Israel as Mideast Tour Begins VOA 13 Jul 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden launched his first Middle East visit Wednesday by attesting to the "bone-deep bond" between the United States and Israel as he landed in Tel Aviv. His three-day trip is part of a broader Middle East tour that includes stops in the West Bank and Saudi Arabia.
- Joint Statement by PM Lapid and US President Joe Biden Israel - Prime Minister 13 Jul 2022 -- Israel and the United States announce the beginning of a strategic partnership in the field of advanced technology that will put Israel shoulder-to-shoulder with its leading ally, the United States.
- Joint U.S.-Israel Statement on Launching Strategic High-Level Dialogue on Technology The White House 13 Jul 2022
- Biden Begins Mideast Tour In Israel With Tough Talk On Iran Nuclear Program RFE/RL 13 Jul 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden began his first visit to the Mideast since taking office by telling Israeli leaders he is determined to stop Iran's nuclear program.
- Nine EU states reject Israeli regime's 'terrorist' designation of Palestinian NGOs Press TV 13 Jul 2022 -- Nine European Union states have rejected the Israeli regime's terrorist designation of six Palestinian civil society groups, saying they will continue their cooperation and strong support for the organizations.
- Israel Hopes to Wow Biden With Iron Beam, Iron Dome, David's Sling Missile Show and Tell Sputnik 12 Jul 2022 -- The US president is slated to arrive in Israel on Wednesday as part of a much-anticipated regional tour which will also take him to the West Bank and Saudi Arabia, where he is expected to ask the Gulf oil kingdom to ramp up crude output to help ease the West's self-inflicted energy crisis.
- Joint Statement by the Foreign Ministries of Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Sweden on the designation of Palestinian civil society organisations as terrorist organisations Germany Federal Foreign Office 12 Jul 2022 -- On October 22 2021, Israel designated six Palestinian civil society organisations as terrorist organisations. Accusations of terrorism or links to terrorist groups must always be treated with the utmost seriousness.
- Readout of National Cyber Director Chris Inglis's Travel to Israel and Europe The White House 12 Jul 2022
- US military firm says spies backed its bid to purchase Israeli spyware maker: Report Press TV 11 Jul 2022 -- A US military firm says spy agencies in the country had backed its decision to acquire NSO, the controversial Israeli spyware company blacklisted by the Joe Biden administration.
- Report: US Intel Operatives Backed Plans to Buy Infamous NSO Group Before Negotiations Were Axed Sputnik 11 Jul 2022 -- The firm in question is responsible for Pegasus, a "zero-click" hacking tool that can remotely extract everything from a target's mobile phone, including messages, contacts, images and videos. Additionally, it can make the phone into a tracking and recording tool.
- Israeli PM, Turkish president speak on phone, hope for better ties People's Daily 11 Jul 2022 -- Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan spoke on the phone on Sunday, expressing hope for improving relations between the two countries, Lapid's office said in a statement.
- Israeli PM, Egyptian president agree to meet "soon" in phone call People's Daily 11 Jul 2022 -- Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi made a phone call on Sunday and agreed to meet "soon," Lapid's office said in a statement.
- Israel's Iron Dome no match for Russian firepower: Ukraine Press TV 10 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine's defense minister says the country has no need for the Israeli regime's much hyped-up Iron Dome missile system, describing it as an inadequate choice against Russian firepower.
- PM Lapid's Remarks at the Start of the Weekly Cabinet Meeting Israel - Prime Minister 10 Jul 2022
- PM Lapid Speaks with the President of T├╝rkiye, Recep Tayyip Erdo─čan Israel - Prime Minister 10 Jul 2022 -- Prime Minister Yair Lapid spoke this evening, with the President of T├╝rkiye, Recep Tayyip Erdo─čan.
- PM Lapid spoke with the President of Egypt Abdel Fattah el-Sisi Israel - Prime Minister 10 Jul 2022 -- Prime Minister Yair Lapid spoke this evening, with the President of Egypt, Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
- PM Lapid approves closure of Israeli embassy in Eritrea after ambassador blocked Press TV 10 Jul 2022 -- Israeli prime minister Yair Lapid has approved the closure of the regime's embassy in Eritrea as authorities in the Northeast African country have not been allowing the arrival of a diplomat from the occupied territories in the past two years.
- Biden to discuss Iran's aerial defense might in tour of Saudi kingdom, Israel Press TV 10 Jul 2022 -- Iranian air defense might as well as its advanced missile and drone capabilities will be among the top issues of discussion on the agenda of US President Joe Biden's upcoming visit to Saudi Arabia and the Israeli regime, US-based media have reported citing officials and analysts.
- PM Lapid Speaks with Jordanian King Abdullah II Israel - Prime Minister 09 Jul 2022 -- Prime Minister Yair Lapid spoke this evening, with the President of T├╝rkiye, Recep Tayyip Erdo─čan.
- Hezbollah: Drone operation at Karish gas field had 'quick effect' on demarcation talks with Israel Press TV 09 Jul 2022 -- A senior Hezbollah official says the three drones that the Lebanese resistance group sent toward the Karish gas field last week had a "quick effect" on the course of sea border demarcation talks between Lebanon and the Israeli regime.
- Palestinian president, Hamas chief hold first face-to-face meeting in years Press TV 08 Jul 2022 -- Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas has met publicly with the political chief of the Palestinian Hamas resistance movement Ismail Haniyah for the first time in more than five years in Algeria, raising hopes for reconciliation talks between the two rival factions.
- PM Lapid Speaks with Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas Israel - Prime Minister 08 Jul 2022
- Israeli military holds surprise drill simulating strike on Gaza Press TV 07 Jul 2022 -- The Israeli military has launched an unannounced exercise simulating a ground attack scenario in the Gaza Strip, as the regime keeps up its atrocities against Palestinians.
- Palestine accuses Israel of escalating tension in West Bank ahead of Biden's visit People's Daily 07 Jul 2022 -- Palestine on Wednesday accused Israel of escalating tension in the West Bank ahead of U.S. President Joe Biden's visit to the region on July 13.
- Israeli regime agency told to quit operations in Russia as ties hit new low Press TV 06 Jul 2022 -- Russia's justice ministry has asked an Israeli agency affiliated with the regime to wind down its operations in the country, marking a new low in their bilateral ties that have dramatically soared in recent years.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Israeli Prime Minister Lapid US Dept. of State 06 Jul 2022
- Israel calls Iran's increased military presence in Red Sea as "threat" to peace People's Daily 06 Jul 2022 -- Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz said on Tuesday that Iran's military has been entrenching itself in the Red Sea, posing a "direct threat" to regional peace and global trade.
- Hezbollah: Flying drones to Karish gas field conveyed message to Israel Press TV 05 Jul 2022 -- Lebanese resistance movement Hezbollah says its recent flying of three unarmed drones toward the Karish gas field was aimed to warn Israel not to conduct any extraction operation prior to resolving a long-standing maritime border dispute between Beirut and the regime in Tel Aviv.
- Continued Israeli Airstrikes on Syria are 'Categorically Unacceptable', Moscow Warns Sputnik 05 Jul 2022 -- Israeli fighter jets attacked a village near the Mediterranean Sea port city of Tartus on Saturday morning, injuring two civilians and damaging local farms. Israeli media later claimed that the attack targeted "Iranian" assets in the area seeking to bring "game-changing" air defense systems to Syria.
- PM Lapid's Remarks with French President Emmanuel Macron Israel - Prime Minister 05 Jul 2022 -- Following are Prime Minister Yair Lapid's remarks with French President Emmanuel Macron, at the Elysee Palace in Paris, today:
- Palestinians Reject US Findings in Al-Jazeera Reporter's Shooting Death Probe VOA 05 Jul 2022 -- Neither Israelis nor Palestinians are pleased with the U.S. State Department's conclusion about the shooting death of Al-Jazeera journalist Shireen Abu Akleh almost two months ago. Israeli forensic experts analyzed the bullet in the presence of American officials, who have since said the bullet was most likely fired by Israeli soldiers, but it was too damaged to make a conclusive determination.
- Palestine rejects results of U.S. investigation on killing of Al Jazeera journalist People's Daily 05 Jul 2022 -- Palestine on Monday rejected the results of the ballistic investigation attended by U.S. experts into the gunshot that killed veteran Palestinian-American journalist in northern West Bank in May.
- US Says Gunshot From Israeli Positions Likely Killed Al Jazeera Journalist VOA 04 Jul 2022 -- U.S. officials have concluded that a gunshot from Israeli positions likely killed Al Jazeera journalist Shireen Abu Akleh during an Israeli raid in the occupied West Bank in May. But the State Department said Monday there was "no reason to believe" her shooting was intentional.
- On the Killing of Shireen Abu Akleh US Dept. of State 04 Jul 2022 -- After an extremely detailed forensic analysis, independent, third-party examiners, as part of a process overseen by the U.S. Security Coordinator (USSC), could not reach a definitive conclusion regarding the origin of the bullet that killed Palestinian-American journalist Shireen Abu Akleh.
- Statement by PM Lapid on the Investigation into the Death of Journalist Shireen Abu Akleh Israel - Prime Minister 04 Jul 2022 -- Statement by Prime Minister Yair Lapid on the Investigation into the Death of Journalist Shireen Abu Akleh
- PM Lapid and Health Minister Nitzan Horowitz Hold Assessment on the Coronavirus and the Current Wave of Morbidity Israel - Prime Minister 03 Jul 2022 -- Prime Minister Yair Lapid held an assessment on the coronavirus and the current wave of morbidity, together with Health Minister Nitzan Horowitz, at the Prime Minister's Office in Jerusalem, today.
- Israel participates in international military exercise in Morocco Israel MFA 03 Jul 2022 -- Israel's participation in the exercise is an additional step in strengthening the security relations between the two countries and constitutes a continuation of the FAR's Counterterrorism Unit's participation in the multinational exercise, which was held in Israel last year.
- PM Lapid's Remarks at the Start of the Weekly Cabinet Meeting Israel - Prime Minister 03 Jul 2022
- Damascus: Israel Carries Out Rocket Strikes Against Syria, Injuring Two Civilians in Tartus Sputnik 02 Jul 2022 -- The reports about the strikes come just a few weeks after Syria accused Israel of conducting missile attacks, saying that they left the runways at Damascus airport out of service.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list