Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
February 2022 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Telephone conversation with Prime Minister of Israel Naftali Bennett President of Russia 27 Feb 2022 -- Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with Prime Minister of the State of Israel Naftali Bennett at the initiative of the Israeli side.
- Putin Assures Israel's Bennett Russia Ready to Talk to Ukraine, Says Kiev Showing 'Inconsistency' Sputnik 27 Feb 2022 -- Russia summoned Israel's ambassador to Moscow on Friday to ask why Tel Aviv "supports neo-Nazis" in Kiev after Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid blasted the Russian military operation in Ukraine as a 'grave violation of the international order'.
- Russia summons Israeli ambassador over regime's position on military actions in Ukraine Press TV 26 Feb 2022 -- Russia has summoned the Israeli ambassador to the country's capital for clarifications over the occupying regime's position regarding the Russian military operations in Ukraine.
- Lebanon condemns Israeli violations, urges UN to compel Israel to abide by Security Council resolution 1701 Press TV 24 Feb 2022 -- Lebanese President Michel Aoun has denounced repeated Israeli violations of the Arab country's sovereignty, calling on the United Nations to compel the Tel Aviv regime to implement Security Council Resolution 1701, which ended the 33-day Israeli military onslaught in 2006, and respect Lebanon's territorial integrity.
- Israeli regime attacks Syria, kills three soldiers Press TV 24 Feb 2022 -- The Israeli regime has carried out yet another attack on the Syrian capital Damascus' countryside, killing three soldiers.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Israeli Foreign Minister and Alternate Prime Minister Lapid US Dept. of State 24 Feb 2022
- Crucial that all parties avoid exacerbating tensions in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories UK FCDO 23 Feb 2022 -- Statement by Fergus Eckersley, UK Political Coordinator at the UN, at the Security Council briefing on the situation in the Middle East, including the Palestinian question
- Israel-Palestine: No substitute for legitimate political process, UN envoy tells Security Council UN News 23 Feb 2022 -- The destabilizing deterioration of the situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territory continues in the absence of political solutions that would "reset the trajectory", the UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process said on Wednesday.
- Lebanon has made no concessions in indirect talks over maritime border dispute with Israel, President Aoun says Press TV 23 Feb 2022 -- Lebanese President Michel Aoun has categorically dismissed as untrue the allegations that representatives from the Arab country have made concessions to Israel in the course of indirect US-mediated talks over their disputed maritime border to allow for offshore energy exploration.
- At Least 3 Syrian Soldiers Killed After Air Defenses Engage Israeli Strikes - State Media Sputnik 23 Feb 2022 -- Several explosions were reportedly heard in Damascus, Syria, early Thursday morning as air defense systems of the Syrian Arab Army forces engaged hostile targets over the capital city.
- Israeli Army Successfully Tests Naval Version of Iron Dome Missile Defence System Sputnik 21 Feb 2022 -- The Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) said it had successfully tested the naval configuration of the Iron Dome missile defence system.
- Hezbollah successfully flies reconnaissance drone over Israeli-occupied territories Press TV 18 Feb 2022 -- Lebanon's Hezbollah resistance movement says it has flown a drone over the Israeli-occupied territories for a reconnaissance mission, adding that the aircraft returned untouched after completing the mission successfully.
- Israeli Military Launches Missile Interceptors After 'UAV From Lebanon Enters Israeli Airspace' Sputnik 18 Feb 2022 -- On 17 February, the Israeli military shot down a Hezbollah drone that allegedly entered from Lebanon and had violated Israeli airspace.
- Israel Drops 'Green Pass' COVID-19 Passport Program VOA 17 Feb 2022 -- Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said Thursday the nation's Green Pass digital proof-of-vaccination program is being discontinued as the numbers of new COVID-19 cases continue to decline.
- Syria repels Israeli attack on Damascus countryside Press TV 17 Feb 2022 -- Syria's air defenses repel another attack by the Israeli regime on the outskirts of the Arab country's capital Damascus.
- Israel Strikes Syria With Surface-to-Surface Missiles, Army Command Says Sputnik 16 Feb 2022 -- Syrian anti-air missiles have overshot their targets several times in recent years, winding up over Israeli-controlled territory due to the close-in nature of its engagements with Israeli aircraft launching missiles at targets in Syria.
- Israel Suspends US-Ukraine Iron Dome Deal Fearing Moscow Backlash, Reports Say Sputnik 15 Feb 2022 -- Israel has suspended participation in a deal on the transfer of Iron Dome missile defense system to Kiev signed between the United States and Ukraine fearing damaging bilateral relations with Russia amid tensions on the Ukrainian border, Israeli Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper reported on Tuesday.
- 'No Secrecy About This': Sudan Junta Leader Burhan Admits Security Cooperation With Israel Sputnik 14 Feb 2022 -- Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, two allies of the ousted Sudanese military dictatorship, have long favored stability in Khartoum for political and economic reasons. However, both monarchies unexpectedly came out against the October 25 military coup.
- Israeli PM Makes Historic Trip to Bahrain VOA 14 Feb 2022 -- In a historic first, Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennet traveled to Bahrain for a two-day trip Monday to meet with Bahraini Crown Prince and Prime Minister Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa.
- Talks on Israel-Lebanon Maritime Border Continue But a Solution is Nowhere in Sight Sputnik 13 Feb 2022 -- Israel and Lebanon have no diplomatic relations and years of animosity have prevented the two states from settling their maritime borders. The US is now trying to broker a deal between the two nations, a move that's needed to drill in the area, which is believed to be rich in gas.
- Sudan's military leader lauds intelligence ties with Israel Press TV 13 Feb 2022 -- Sudan's military leader General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan has praised intelligence cooperation between the African country and the Israeli regime, which has seen officials from the two former adversaries exchange meetings in unannounced trips.
- The Sa'ar 6: The Israeli Navy's Newest and Most Advanced Ship Israeli Navy 12 Feb 2022 -- Last week, the flag on the "Magen" ship (the "Shield" ship in English) was changed from a German flag to an Israeli flag. Within the coming year, three more Sa'ar 6 ships will be transferred to Israel from Germany. The ship, which is supposed to arrive in December, will join the Israeli Navy's fleet to reinforce the IDF's naval superiority, with an emphasis on defensive capabilities for important strategic assets and on offensive capabilities that have never been seen before in the eastern Mediterranean.
- Syria destroys most Israeli missiles fired from occupied Golan Press TV 10 Feb 2022 -- Russia says Syria's air defense units have managed to destroy eight missiles fired by the Israeli army from the direction of the occupied Golan Heights.
- Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova's answer to a media question about Israeli strikes on Syrian territory Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 10 Feb 2022
- Deputy Secretary Sherman's Meeting with Israeli National Security Advisor Hulata US Dept. of State 10 Feb 2022
- Readout from NSC Spokesperson on National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan Meeting with Israeli National Security Advisor Eyal Hulata The White House 10 Feb 2022
- Report: Representative of Sudan's ruling council paying secret visit to Israel Press TV 09 Feb 2022 -- Reports say a Sudanese official is paying a visit to Israel to promote bilateral ties with the regime, despite anti-Israel sentiment among the people of Sudan.
- Syrian defenses confront Israeli missile attack on Damascus' countryside Press TV 09 Feb 2022 -- Syria's air defenses have intercepted and confronted an Israeli missile attack on the Arab country's capital Damascus' countryside.
- UN chief 'encouraged' by engagement between Israeli and Palestinian officials UN News 08 Feb 2022 -- UN Secretary-General AntÃ³nio Guterres said on Tuesday that he is encouraged by the recent engagement between senior Israeli and Palestinian officials.
- IDF Claims Damascus Airstrikes in Response to Anti-Air Missile Fired Toward Israel Sputnik 08 Feb 2022 -- A Sputnik correspondent in Damascus, Syria, reported explosions over the city early on Wednesday morning. According to Syrian state media, air defense systems were engaging incoming projectiles.
- Readout of President Joseph R. Biden, Jr.'s Call with Prime Minister Naftali Bennett of Israel The White House 06 Feb 2022
- Israeli committee approves plan for 1,500 new settlement units in occupied East al-Quds Press TV 03 Feb 2022 -- An Israeli committee has approved a plan for the construction of 1,500 new settler units in the occupied East al-Quds, as the regime steps up its land grab and forced eviction policies in the Palestinian territories in defiance of international law.
- Israeli Air Force Reportedly Carries Out New Raids Over Beirut Sputnik 02 Feb 2022 -- Aircraft of the Israeli air force has violated Lebanese airspace in a new episode of flights over Beirut and its outskirts on Wednesday, Lebanese media reported.
- Yemeni FM says Israel's military drills in Red Sea dangerous Press TV 02 Feb 2022 -- Yemeni Foreign Minister Hisham Sharaf Abdullah has warned about the danger of the participation of Israel in massive US-led naval drills to be held in the Red Sea next week.
- Israel Reportedly Holds Drills Simulating 'Massive Attack' on Iran's Nuclear Facilities Sputnik 02 Feb 2022 -- A senior US official warned Monday that there were only "a handful of weeks left" to return to the Iran nuclear deal before Washington would consider it impossible to do so. Israel has indicated that it would reserve the "freedom of action" for possible strikes against the Islamic Republic regardless of whether any deal was reached.
- Whistleblower: Israeli spyware firm offered US mobile security company 'bags of cash' Press TV 02 Feb 2022 -- A whistleblower says the infamous Israeli spyware firm NSO Group offered a US-based mobile security company "bags of cash" in exchange for access to global cellular networks.
- Israeli Prime Minister Announces Deployment of Laser Air Defences 'Within Year' Sputnik 01 Feb 2022 -- The primary reasoning behind the introduction of a new, fourth layer of defence is to make repealing attacks by Hamas and others less expensive. Tel Aviv spent a significant portion of its Iron Dome budget last year while fighting Hamas and was forced to quickly purchase additional weapons from Washington.
- Amnesty International Report Accuses Israel of Apartheid VOA 01 Feb 2022 -- In a new report, Amnesty International accuses Israel of maintaining a policy of apartheid against Palestinians by seizing their land and property, carrying out unlawful killings and denying them citizenship.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list