16 November 2009 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 16 Nov 2009 [PDF]
- DoD News: DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- U.S. Soldier dies of non.combatant injuries (COB Speicher)
- Airpower Summary: November 14 AFNS 16 Nov 2009
- Airpower Summary: November 15 AFNS 16 Nov 2009
- Iraqi Forces Arrest 21 Terrorism Suspects AFPS 16 Nov 2009 -- Iraqi security forces, working with U.S. advisors, arrested 21 terrorism suspects in various operations.
- 1st Air Cav, IA, IqAF conduct joint air assault Army News 16 Nov 2009 -- U.S. and Iraqi forces worked together in an air assault and patrol mission to check on the standard of living in a small village.
- Long Knives restore, refit for Iraq Army News 16 Nov 2009 -- The 4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division received word of a future deployment to Iraq less than a month ago.
- With crucial elections ahead, UN must commit to Iraq for the long term - top official UN News Centre 16 Nov 2009 -- UN must redouble its long-term commitment to country still threatened by both insurgents and potential conflict.
- ATK Delivers Third AC-208 'Combat Caravan' Aircraft to Iraqi Air Force ATK 16 Nov 2009 -- Alliant Techsystems (NYSE: ATK), announced that it delivered a third AC-208B "Combat Caravan" aircraft to the Iraq Training and Advisory Mission in Kirkuk, Iraq. To date, ATK has delivered 11 modified C-208 aircraft in support of U.S. Government contracts for rebuilding the Iraqi Air Force: three reconnaissance aircraft, five trainer aircraft and three AC-208B aircraft.
- Iraqi Police Make Strides Toward Independence AFPS 16 Nov 2009 -- As the drawdown of U.S. forces in Iraq advances, efforts to build the nation’s police force have made great strides.
- Bike cops soon to be new addition to Iraqi Police force Army News 16 Nov 2009 -- Being a police officer is usually not easy, but soon it may be as easy as riding a bike.
- New Election Law Advances Democratic Goals in Iraq VOA 16 Nov 2009 -- The long-delayed election law passed by Iraqi parliamentarians last week clears the way for national elections to be held in January.
- Iraq's Kurdish Parties Unite Ahead Of Elections RFE/RL 16 Nov 2009 -- Iraq's Kurdish parties have announced the creation of a new Kurdish political bloc ahead of the January general election.
- Killings in Iraq Highlight Continuing Security Concerns VOA 16 Nov 2009 -- Iraqi officials: Gunmen have killed 13 people west of Baghdad, while in Kirkuk, a car bomb exploded in a market.
- Gunmen Kill 13 Villagers Near Baghdad VOA 16 Nov 2009 -- Iraqi villagers and police say gunmen dressed in military uniforms killed 13 people before dawn Monday in a mainly Sunni village west of Baghdad.
- France Honors Iraqi President Talabani With State Visit VOA 16 Nov 2009 -- Iraqi President Jalal Talibani marks his first official trip to France with a four-day visit that includes meetings with French political and business leaders.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|