20 October 2009 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 20 Oct 2009 [PDF]
- Oct. 19 airpower summary: Tankers support fighter missions AFNS 20 Oct 2009 -- Coalition airpower integrated with ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Oct. 19, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Brig. Gen Brown From Iraq DoD 20 Oct 2009 -- BPresenter: Deputy Commanding General (Support) 25th Infantry Division Multinational Division-North Brig. Gen. Robert Brown
- Iraqi Police Arrest Seven Terrorism Suspects AFPS 20 Oct 2009 -- Iraqi police, aided by U.S. advisors, arrested seven suspected terrorists today in northern Iraq.
- Patrol deters indirect fire Army News 20 Oct 2009 -- No rockets or mortars were fired into the International Zone or any other forward operating bases around the area, Oct. 18.
- Northern Iraq Sees Security, General Says AFPS 20 Oct 2009 -- Senior U.S. military officer: The security situation in northern Iraq has improved greatly in recent years.
- Cav Soldiers prepare equipment for shipment home Army News 20 Oct 2009 -- Sound of heavy steel treads clanking and the rumble of engines fill the air at the Four Corners staging area at Camp Taji.
- Obama: US Combat Troops Out of Iraq By Next August VOA 20 Oct 2009 -- U.S. President Barack Obama says the United States still plans to remove all its combat troops from Iraq by next August.
- Obama, Maliki Move Beyond Security Issues AFPS 20 Oct 2009 -- Importance of holding the Iraqi elections on time in January and furthering Iraqi-U.S. economic ties were at the center of discussions.
- Obama says Iraq, U.S. ties developing beyond security issues RIA Novosti 20 Oct 2009 -- US President Obama: Relations between the US and Iraq developing rapidly and no longer exclusively security-related.
- Iraqi PM Meets Obama at White House VOA 20 Oct 2009 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is meeting with US President Barack Obama at the White House Tuesday.
- Iraq Hopeful On UN Probe Of August Bombings RFE/RL 20 Oct 2009 -- US government has indicated its willingness consider Iraq's request that the UN Security Council probe the August 19 bombings.
- UN promotes media cooperation in run-up to Iraqi elections UN News Centre 20 Oct 2009 -- UN Assistance Mission in Iraq held a round-table meeting in Baghdad on to discuss the role of the media in country’s forthcoming parliamentary elections.
- Ali Base assumes 'advise and assist' as additional duty AFNS 20 Oct 2009 -- As the responsible drawdown of forces continues in Iraq, Airmen here have embraced the additional role of advising and assisting Iraqi army and citizens.
- Iraqi Parliament Again Fails To Vote On Key Election Law RFE/RL 20 Oct 2009 -- For the second time in a week, a parliamentary vote on Iraq's new election law has been put off.
- Iraqi Politicians Blame Poor Coordination For Security Lapses RFE/RL 20 Oct 2009 -- Recent spike in violence in Iraq has been caused by the lack of coordination among security agencies and the growing politicization of law enforcement.
- Ban sees early signs of movement on recovering missing Kuwaitis from Iraq UN News Centre 20 Oct 2009 -- Indications of movement on the issue of recovering the remains of Kuwaitis and other nationals missing since the 1990 Gulf war.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|