08 October 2009 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 08 Oct 2009 [PDF]
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Col. Green From Iraq DoD 08 Oct 2009 -- Presenter: Commander, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division Col. Tobin Green
- DoD News: DoD Announces Units for Next Iraq Rotation and Extension DoD 08 Oct 2009 -- The Department of Defense announced today major units scheduled to deploy as part of the next force rotation in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Oct. 7 airpower summary: Reaper eliminates threat AFNS 08 Oct 2009 -- Coalition airpower integrated with ground forces in Iraq and ISAF in Afghanistan during operations.
- Oct. 6 airpower summary: Airlift crews keep missions moving forward AFNS 08 Oct 2009 -- Coalition airpower integrated with ground forces in Iraq and ISAF in Afghanistan during operations.
- Airmen provide intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance AFNS 08 Oct 2009 -- Leaders at every level need battlefield information, and because of 99th Expeditionary Reconnaissance Squadron now they know.
- Unit surpasses consecutive 7,000 days with forces in Southwest Asia AFNS 08 Oct 2009 -- Members of the 55th Winghave been deployed in USCENTCOM area of responsibility every day for the past 7,000 days.
- Pentagon Announces Iraq Troop Rotations, Extensions AFPS 08 Oct 2009 -- An Army armored cavalry unit and three brigade combat teams will deploy to Iraq next summer.
- Commander Cites 'Steady Progress' in Baghdad as Attacks Drop AFPS 08 Oct 2009 -- Attacks committed by al-Qaida and other insurgents operating in Baghdad and its environs continue to drop.
- Colors Casing Ceremony denotes Division's 4th deployment Army News 08 Oct 2009 -- Ceremony signified the Marne Division's fourth deployment to Iraq - a milestone made by no other U.S. Army division.
- U.S. Signs Over Control of Compound to Iraq MNF-I 08 Oct 2009-- U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. Edwin Bayba signed over the Coalition Compound, at the Habbaniyah Training Center, to the Iraqi government on Oct. 5
- Largest Class starts Iraqi Infantry Officer Basic Course MNF-I 08 Oct 2009-- The new Iraqi army continues to expand and professionalize its forces with 383 new lieutenants starting the Infantry Officer Basic Course at the Kirkush Military Training Base here Oct. 4. This is the largest class ever to go through training in the Iraqi army
- Iraqi Army Establishes Chemical Defense Company MNF-I 08 Oct 2009-- The Iraqi Military has established a unique chemical defense company to fulfill its obligations to the Chemical Weapons Conventions, signed this year by the Government of Iraq
- Roadside Bomb Kills 2 Iraqi Police Officers VOA 08 Oct 2009 -- Iraqi authorities: Roadside bomb struck a police patrol northeast of Baghdad, killing at least two police officers and wounding four others.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|