Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
08 June 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- More Displaced Returning to Homes They Fled in Baghdad VOA 08 Jun 2008 -- The International Organization for Migration reports more families displaced by sectarian violence and military operations in Iraq are returning to certain areas of the capital, Baghdad where security has improved over the past few months
- Iraqi Military Medical System Makes Progress AFPS 08 Jun 2008 -- As security in Iraq improves, more doctors are returning to clinical services, but more are needed in the Iraqi security forces, an official involved with this process in Iraq said.
- Ahmadinejad: Iraq should successfully overcome sensitive situation IRNA 08 Jun 2008 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Sunday that he hopes the Iraqi government, by relying on the prudence of its government and unity among its ethnic leaders and political wings, will successfully overcome the present sensitive situation.
- Jalili: Iraqi people should rebuild their country IRNA 08 Jun 2008 -- Secretary of Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Saeed Jalili said on Sunday that the Iraqi nation should support a powerful democratic government and the Iraqi government with reliance on people should overcome all internal and foreign pressures.
- Iraq: Al-Maliki Seeks To Reassure Iran RFE/RL 08 Jun 2008 -- In talks with Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad, Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki sought to ease Iranian fears over the proposed U.S.-Iraq security deal.
- Turkish bombers strike Kurdish rebel targets in north Iraq RIA Novosti 08 Jun 2008 -- Turkish bomber planes carried out strikes on Saturday night in northern Iraq, targeting bases of Kurdish separatists, the Turkish military announced on its website on Sunday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list