03 March 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 03 Mar 2008 [PDF]
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Brig. Gen. Thomas from Iraq 03 Mar 2008 -- Presenter: Commander, Multinational Division-North and 1st Armored Brigade Brig. Gen. Tony Thomas
- March 2 airpower summary: Airmen keep mission rolling AFPN 03 Mar 2008
- Coalition Forces Detain 11 in Iraq AFPS 03 Mar 2008 -- Coalition forces in Iraq today detained 11 suspected terrorists, including an Iranian-supported "special groups" facilitator, military officials reported.
- Coalition Takes Fight to Al Qaeda in Mosul AFPS 03 Mar 2008 -- Coalition forces are fighting aggressively to secure the battle-scarred city of Mosul, Iraq, in an effort to stamp out al Qaeda safe havens.
- Coalition, Iraqi Troops Target Al Qaeda Forces in Mosul AFPS 03 Mar 2008 -- Coalition and Iraqi security forces are targeting al Qaeda terrorists who have taken refuge in Mosul after fleeing Baghdad in the wake of surge operations, a senior U.S. military officer posted in Iraq said yesterday.
- Bombings in Iraqi Capital Kill 23 VOA 03 Mar 2008 -- Iraqi police say at least 23 people were killed in two separate bombings in Baghdad Monday.
- Oklahoma's 1st Battalion, 160th Field Artillery takes over support of Camp Bucca MNF-I 03 Mar 2008 -- Lt. Col. David Jordan and the soldiers of Oklahoma's 1st Battalion, 160th Field Artillery "Thunderbirds" took over all responsibilities for the support of Camp Bucca during a ceremony Monday.
- Tennessee's 130th Support Center heads home from Iraq MNF-I 03 Mar 2008 -- Lt. Col. Robert N. Hibbett and the soldiers of 130th Support Center are preparing to return to Tennessee after transferring their responsibilities to 1st Battalion, 160th Field Artillery of the Oklahoma National Guard, commanded by Lt. Col. David Jordan.
- War-Funding Delays Harmful Within Months, Deputy Secretary Says AFPS 03 Mar 2008 -- War-funding delays will become harmful within months if continued, the Pentagon's second-ranking official said here today.
- Mullen Tours Iraqi Depot, Training Area AFPS 03 Mar 2008 -- It's a sign of the maturation of the Iraqi military that planners took the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to visit this sprawling Iraqi logistics base north of Baghdad today.
- Mullen Calls Security Progress in Iraq 'Undeniable' AFPS 03 Mar 2008 -- Security progress in Iraq is undeniable, but it is fragile and must be sustained, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said today.
- Joint Reconstruction Office Addresses Baghdad's Infrastructure AFPS 03 Mar 2008 -- A joint office that oversees the rebuilding of Baghdad's infrastructure is making progress to address the city's sewage, water and electricity needs, senior U.S. and Iraqi officials announced in Baghdad yesterday.
- Bush Assures Odierno Iraq Progress Will Continue AFPS 03 Mar 2008 -- President Bush thanked the former commander of Multinational Corps Iraq today on behalf of all U.S. troops who have served in Iraq for creating a turnaround that Bush promised to continue to support.
- PRESS CONFERENCE: Dr. Tasheen al-Sheikhly, Dr. Bassima al-Saadi, March 3, 2008 MNF-I 03 Mar 2008 -- Dr. Tasheen al-Sheikhly, Implementation and Follow-up Committee for National Reconciliation Civilian Spokesman / Dr. Bassima al-Saadi, Implementation and Follow-up Committee for National Reconciliation Representative
- IRAQ: Civilian deaths rise in February but still lower than in 2007 IRIN 03 Mar 2008 -- Two major suicide attacks in February led to a sharp increase in violence-related civilian deaths that month - up by more than a third from the previous month, government figures showed on 2 March.
- President says his visit thwarted enemies plots to isolate Iraq IRNA 03 Mar 2008 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Monday that his Iraq visit thwarted plots of enemies to isolate the Iraqi nation and government.
- Ahmadinejad: Iran ready for talks with US on Iraq IRNA 03 Mar 2008 -- Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Monday that Iran is ready for talks with the US on Iraq's security.
- Iran's President Says Foreign Forces Should Leave Iraq VOA 03 Mar 2008 -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says U.S.-led foreign forces should leave Iraq, accusing the U.S. of bringing terrorism and destruction to the region.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|