20 November 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 20 Nov 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Nov. 19 airpower summary: EC-130J supports OIF, OEF AFPN 20 Nov 2007
- Coalition Forces Kill 5 Terrorists, Detain 11 in Iraq AFPS 20 Nov 2007 -- Coalition forces killed five terrorists and detained 11 suspects affiliated with the al Qaeda in Iraq network during several operations in central and northern Iraq that ended today, officials said.
- Corps of Engineers Continues Road Projects in Iraq AFPS 20 Nov 2007 -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is overseeing a number of road improvement projects in Iraq, including a one-mile stretch on Victory Base Complex here
- Bonhomme Richard Expeditionary Strike Group Returns to San Diego Navy NewsStand 20 Nov 2007 -- USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6), USS Denver (LPD 9), and USS Rushmore (LSD 47) returned home Nov. 19, after completing a seven and one-half month deployment in support of the global war on terrorism.
- U.S. Must Look Beyond Current Conflicts, Chairman Says AFPS 20 Nov 2007 -- The United States military must look beyond the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan and press forward with a view of shaping the strategic environment, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said at the Foreign Press Center here today.
- ACU-1 Sailors Return Home Navy NewsStand 20 Nov 2007 -- Assault Craft Unit (ACU) 1 Sailors returned to their homeport at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado Nov. 17, after completing a seven and a half-month deployment with the Bonhomme Richard Expeditionary Strike Group (BHRESG).
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Press Secretary Geoff Morrell from the Pentagon 20 Nov 2007 -- Presenter: Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell
- US Military Chief Says US Must Look Beyond Iraq and Afghanistan VOA 20 Nov 2007 -- The Chairman of the U.S. military Joint Chiefs of Staff, Navy Admiral Michael Mullen, says the United States must look beyond the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan and reach out to partners around the world to reduce uncertainty
- US Efforts Reduce Threat from Roadside Bombs VOA 20 Nov 2007 -- The head of the U.S. government team working to combat roadside bombs used by insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan says the effort has sharply reduced the effectiveness of the deadly devices
- Analysis: Refugees Return but Concerns Linger cfr.org 20 Nov 2007 -- Joyous photos of Iraqi refugees returning to Baghdad in recent weeks have become something of a rallying cry for U.S. and Iraqi officials.
- IRAQ: Extremists fuel anti-women violence in Basra IRIN 20 Nov 2007 -- Anti-women violence in Basra, Iraq's second largest city, about 600 km south of the capital, Baghdad, has increased markedly in recent months and has forced women to stay indoors, police and local NGOs have said.
- Iran Agrees to New Talks With US on Improving Iraq's Security VOA 20 Nov 2007 -- Iran has agreed to hold a new round of talks with the United States on improving the security situation in Iraq.
- Iraq arrests private security company agents IRNA 20 Nov 2007 -- Iraqi government on Tuesday arrested at least 32 foreigners said to be agents of private security company.
- Iraqi Government to Deal Firmly With Security Firms that Break the Law VOA 20 Nov 2007 -- The Iraqi government has warned it will deal firmly with private security companies that break the law.
- Shooting Incident Prompts Iraqi Authorities to Detain More than 30 Foreign Workers, Guards VOA 20 Nov 2007 -- U.S. military officials say Iraqi troops have detained 43 people, mostly foreigners, after an Iraqi woman was wounded in a shooting incident in Baghdad.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|