01 November 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 01 Nov 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Task Force Iron Soldier attacked (Salah ad Din)
- Task Force Iron Soldiers attacked in Mosul
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Lt. Gen. Odierno from the Pentagon Briefing Room, Arlington, Va. 01 Nov 2007 -- Presenter: Commander, Multinational Corps-Iraq Army Lt. Gen. Ray Odierno
- Oct. 31 airpower summary: A-10s support ground troops AFPN 01 Nov 2007
- Coalition Forces Target Foreign Terrorist Facilitators in Iraq AFPS 01 Nov 2007 -- Coalition forces detained 12 suspects during operations early today targeting al Qaeda networks in central and northern Iraq.
- Poland's Next Prime Minister Desires Withdrawal From Iraq VOA 01 Nov 2007 -- Polish prime minister-designate Donald Tusk says he wants to pull Polish troops out of Iraq next year.
- Progress in Iraq Real, Momentum Growing, Odierno Says AFPS 01 Nov 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi troops are creating security in Iraq, and life is returning to normal for the vast majority of Iraqi citizens. But the momentum is not irreversible, the commander of Multinational Corps Iraq said today.
- Gates: Economic Development, Reconstruction Needed in Iraq AFPS 01 Nov 2007 -- The Iraqi government and the coalition must follow up security successes in the country with economic development and reconstruction, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said here today.
- US Defense Chief Says Too Early to Tell Whether Iran Stopping Aid to Iraqi Shiite Militias VOA 01 Nov 2007 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates says he believes the top Iranian leader is aware of the effort by the country's elite Quds Force to help Shiite insurgents in Iraq
- US General Cites Progress in Iraq, But Says Long Term Stability Up to Iraq Government VOA 01 Nov 2007 -- The second-ranking American general in Iraq says there are some positive trends on the level of violence, progress by the Iraqi security forces and reconciliation between Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims, which should enable the United States to reduce its force level in Iraq as planned
- US Oversight Officials Report Iraq Reconstruction Falls Short VOA 01 Nov 2007 -- U.S. oversight officials say attacks in Iraq against coalition forces in September dropped to their lowest levels since mid-2006
- More Iraqi Citizens Identify with Government, Coalition AFPS 01 Nov 2007 -- One sign of the improved security environment in Iraq is the growing number of Iraqis stepping forward to take back their communities from extremists, a top coalition commander said today.
- Tensions High on Turkey-Iraq Border VOA 01 Nov 2007 -- Turkey is hosting an international conference on how best to stabilize Iraq despite being on an increasingly poor footing with its eastern neighbor
- Turkey Steps Up Pressure as Iraq Conference Gets Underway VOA 01 Nov 2007 -- Turkey says it is ready to impose sanctions against Kurdish rebels and their supporters in a move likely to ratchet up pressure as an international meeting gets underway in Istanbul
- Turkey denies closing airspace to N. Iraq RIA Novosti 01 Nov 2007 -- Turkey's prime minister denied on Thursday media reports that the country had closed its airspace to planes flying to and from north Iraq.
- IRAQ: Officials deny threat to Mosul Dam IRIN 01 Nov 2007 -- The manager of the dam in the northern city of Mosul, 360km northwest of Baghdad, Abdul-Khaliq Thanon Ayoub, has dismissed a US report of a potential collapse
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|