31 October 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 31 Oct 2007 [PDF]
- Press Conference: Lt. Gen. Rollo, Matthew Lodge, Des Browne, Oct. 31, 2007 MNF-I 31 Oct 2007 -- British Commitment to Coalition: Lt. Gen. Bill Rollo, Deputy Commanding General, Multi-National Force - Iraq; Matthew Lodge, Deputy Chief of Mission, British Embassy; Des Browne, Secretary of State of Defense for the United Kingdom, Oct. 31, 2007
- Press Conference: Rear Adm. Smith, Maj. Gen. Jones, Iraqi Maj. Gen. Hussein, Oct. 31, 2007 MNF-I 31 Oct 2007 -- Operational update in Iraq by Rear Adm. Gregory Smith, Maj. Gen. Jones, Iraqi Maj. Gen. Hussein, Oct. 31, 2007
- Forces Capture Suspected al Qaeda Commander, Detain 11 Others in Iraq AFPS 31 Oct 2007 -- Coalition forces captured a wanted individual and detained 11 others today during an operation in support of ongoing efforts to stabilize the region.
- Rock Hammer III disrupts enemy supply network in Baqouba IRIN 31 Oct 2007 -- Operation Rock Hammer III, a joint Iraqi Security and Coalition Forces operation in southwestern Baqouba, resulted in the discovery of six weapons caches and a bomb-making factory Oct. 28, significantly reducing the enemy's supply network.
- US Military: 3 Terrorists Killed, 12 in Custody in Separate Iraq Operations VOA 31 Oct 2007 -- The U.S. military in Iraq says coalition forces killed three terrorists Wednesday during an operation in the northern city of Kirkuk that targeted al-Qaida in Iraq network.
- NAVELSG Sailors prepare for Middle East deployment Navy NewsStand 31 Oct 2007 -- More than 240 Sailors are packing up their gear to depart to the Middle East Friday in the seventh rotation (GOLF) of the Navy Expeditionary Logistics Support Group (NAVELSG) in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Pentagon Working to Get Turkey 'Actionable Intelligence' on Kurdish Insurgents VOA 31 Oct 2007 -- The Pentagon says it is trying to provide Turkey with the kind of intelligence about insurgents of the Kurdistan Workers Party that would enable the Turkish military to take action against them
- Al Qaeda on the Run in Iraq, Coalition Spokesman Says AFPS 31 Oct 2007 -- Al Qaeda may not yet be defeated in Iraq, but the group's terrorists are on the run, a senior official in the area said today.
- Reform, Training Initiatives Improve Iraq's National Police AFPS 31 Oct 2007 -- The senior leaders of Iraq's national police are making progress in reforming and improving the country's law enforcement body, the commander of the Civilian Police Assistance Training Team said today.
- Iraqi Official Says New Efforts Will Restrain Kurdish Rebels Striking In Turkey VOA 31 Oct 2007 -- In Baghdad Wednesday, Iraq's Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari met with his Iranian counterpart Manouchehr Mottaki
- Iraq's 1st vice president: Iran always assist Iraq at hard times IRNA 31 Oct 2007 -- Iraqi First Vice President Adel Abdul al-Mahdi said on Wednesday that the Islamic Republic of Iran did not leave the Iraqi nation alone during the toughest situation and hardship.
- Iran's FM Responds Positively to Prospect of Another Round of US-Iran Talks on Iraq VOA 31 Oct 2007 -- Iran's foreign minister has responded positively to the prospect of Iran and the United States holding another round of talks on the situation in Iraq.
- Turkey Approves Sanctions on Kurdish Rebels and Rebel Supporters VOA 31 Oct 2007 -- A senior Turkish official says the Cabinet has approved economic sanctions against Kurdish rebels and their supporters.
- Iran to present new settlement plan for Iraq - Iranian FM RIA Novosti 31 Oct 2007 -- Tehran is ready to propose new measures to settle the situation in Iraq at an upcoming international conference on Iraq due 2-3 November, Iran's Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said Wednesday.
- Turkish army confirms 15 Kurdish rebels killed near Iraq border RIA Novosti 31 Oct 2007 -- The Turkish Army has killed 15 Kurdish insurgents in an ongoing operation in the southeast of the country near the Iraqi border, the military General Staff said on Wednesday.
- Turkish PM Accuses Iraqi Kurd Leader of Aiding and Abetting Terrorists VOA 31 Oct 2007 -- Turkish media reports say Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has accused the leader of Iraq's Kurdish region, Massoud Barzani, of aiding Kurdish rebels who are fighting Turkey.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|