Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
16 September 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Press Conference: Rear Adm. Mark I. Fox, BGen. Joseph Anderson, September 16, 2007 MNF-I 16 Sep 2007
- Sept. 15 airpower summary: C-130s keep troops supplied AFPN 16 Sep 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations Sept. 15, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Clearing continues: Dragons & Dragoons begin Operation Dragon Talon II in Rashid MNF-I 16 Sep 2007 -- Multi-National Division-Baghdad Soldiers and Iraqi Army troops captured four suspected terrorists in the first day of Operation Dragon Talon II.
- Forces Capture Suspected Sattar Assassination Planner AFPS 16 Sep 2007 -- Coalition forces yesterday captured a man suspected of being behind the Sept. 13 assassination of Sheik Abdul-Sattar Abu Risha, an influential Sunni leader who helped fight Al Qaeda in Iraq's Anbar Forces, officials in Baghdad announced during a briefing today.
- Coalition Forces Capture Key Extremist Leaders in Iraq, Kill Three Insurgents AFPS 16 Sep 2007 -- Iraqi and coalition forces detained six suspects, including several key extremist militant leaders, killed three insurgents and seized a weapons cache in Iraq over the past three days, military officials said.
- IRAQ: Diyala the worst province for basic services IRIN 16 Sep 2007 -- Diyala province, on Iraq's eastern border with Iran, is the scene of some of the worst violence in Iraq today, making the province's shortages of basic services worse than anywhere else in the country, according to the local council and non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
- IRAQ: Ethnic violence forces more Arabs to flee Kirkuk IRIN 16 Sep 2007 -- Iraqi Arab residents of the northern oil-rich city of Kirkuk, some 250km from Baghdad, say scores of Arab families are fleeing the city as ethnic violence increases there.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list