12 September 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 12 Sep 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Sept. 11 airpower summary: Airlifters resupply daily AFPN 12 Sep 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Sept. 11, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Coalition Forces Nab 15 Terrorists in Iraq Operations AFPS 12 Sep 2007 -- Coalition forces detained 15 suspected terrorists during operations today targeting al Qaeda leaders and their networks in the northern part of Iraq.
- Bush to Endorse Partial Withdrawal From Iraq VOA 12 Sep 2007 -- President Bush gives a nationwide address Thursday in which he is expected to announce the gradual withdrawal of 30,000 troops from Iraq
- Petraeus Says Iran Wants Iraqi 'Hezbollah' Force VOA 12 Sep 2007 -- The commander of U.S. forces in Iraq says there is hard evidence of Iranian efforts to establish a permanent militia presence in Iraq, and that Iraqi leaders have addressed the issue in meetings in Tehran
- Petraeus Explains Stance on Iraq's Link to U.S. Security, Responds to Criticism AFPS 12 Sep 2007 -- The top commander and diplomat in Iraq told reporters at the National Press Club today that what happens in Iraq is critical to long-term U.S. security.
- US Democratic Presidential Contender Obama Proposes Iraq Withdrawal Plan VOA 12 Sep 2007 -- Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama Wednesday called for the withdrawal of all U.S. combat troops from Iraq by the end of next year
- Bush to Address Nation on Iraq Thursday VOA 12 Sep 2007 -- Army General David Petraeus, the top U.S. military commander in Iraq, says there are no "magic switches to flip" to achieve reconciliation in Iraq.
- Iraq: UN voices concern over shelling of northern Kurdish areas UN News Centre 12 Sep 2007 -- The top United Nations official in Iraq voiced concern today over the intermittent shelling of areas in the northern region of Kurdistan.
- UN worried over Syria's visa restrictions on Iraqi refugees RIA Novosti 12 Sep 2007 -- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has expressed concern over Syrian visa restrictions on Iraqis fleeing violence, the UN News Center said.
- Dr. Al Rubaie Q & A, Sept 12, 2007 MNF-I 12 Sep 2007 -- QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION BY DR. MOWAFFAK AL RUBAIE, NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR TO IRAQ.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 12 Sep 2007 [PDF]
- Iraq: Syria Introduces Strict Visa Regime RFE/RL 12 Sep 2007 -- Syria has introduced new restrictions in an effort to stem the flood of refugees entering the country from Iraq.
- Iraq Security Adviser Says US Troops in Iraq Should Drop Sharply Next Year VOA 12 Sep 2007 -- A top Iraqi official says he expects the number of U.S. troops in Iraq to drop to about 100,000 by the end of next year.
- Backgrounder: Iraq Security Statistics cfr.org 12 Sep 2007
- Iraq: Strategy's Architect Assesses U.S. 'Surge Progress RFE/RL 12 Sep 2007 -- Frederick Kagan, a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and a former professor of military history at the U.S. Military Academy At West Point, is regarded as the chief intellectual architect of the military "surge" in Iraq.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|