13 August 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 13 Aug 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- MND-B Soldier attacked during combat operations
- Coalition Troops Launch Operation Phantom Strike in Iraq AFPS 13 Aug 2007 -- Coalition soldiers today launched a major joint offensive, Operation Phantom Strike, in a powerful crackdown to disrupt al Qaeda and Iranian-supported extremist operations in Iraq.
- MNC-I conducts Operation Phantom Strike MNF-I 13 Aug 2007 -- Multi-National Corps-Iraq launched a major offensive, Operation Phantom Strike, on August 13 in a powerful crackdown to disrupt AQI and Shia extremist operations in Iraq.
- Coalition Forces Capture, Kill Insurgents in Iraq AFPS 13 Aug 2007 -- Iraqi and coalition forces detained 66 insurgents, killed five others and discovered weapons in Iraq over the past three days, military officials said.
- Troops Kill, Capture Insurgents, Discover Weapons in Afghanistan AFPS 13 Aug 2007 -- Afghan forces working in concert with coalition forces netted three suspects and a weapons cache and killed several insurgents in Afghanistan over the past three days.
- US Military Begins Major Offensive Across Iraq VOA 13 Aug 2007 -- The U.S. military began a major offensive across Iraq Monday, to crack down on extremist militants.
- Coalition Troops Kill, Capture Iranian-Linked Militants in Baghdad VOA 13 Aug 2007 -- U.S. military officials in Iraq say coalition forces have killed several militants and captured 13 alleged Iranian-linked arms smugglers in a raid on Baghdad's Shi'ite Sadr City district.
- Cargo Transfer Platoon Returns from Duty in Iraq Navy NewsStand 13 Aug 2007 -- Sailors from Navy Cargo Handling Battalion (NCHB) 1 returned Aug. 12 upon completion of their mission conducting air cargo handling operations in Iraq.
- Security Council Votes to Expand U.N. Mission in Iraq AFPS 13 Aug 2007 -- The United Nations will soon be playing a bigger political role in Iraq, after the Security Council unanimously voted to extend its mission there another year while expanding its mandate.
- Iraqi Courts, Police Institute Rule of Law, Officials Say AFPS 13 Aug 2007 -- Establishing the necessary components to enable the rule of law to function across Iraq's society is vital to creating stable institutions and lasting security in that country, a U.S. military lawyer said in Baghdad today.
- Iraq: 'Crisis Summit' Aims To Shore Up Government RFE/RL 13 Aug 2007 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has called for a crisis summit of Iraqi political leaders to chart a course for his faltering unity government.
- Iraqi Leader Issues Summit Call Amid Political Crisis RFE/RL 13 Aug 2007 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has called a summit of senior political leaders in an attempt to halt the disintegration of his cabinet.
- No need to promote level of Iran-US talks: FM spokesman IRNA 13 Aug 2007 -- Iran sees no need to promote the level of its talks with US on Iraq's security, Foreign Ministry spokesman, Mohammad-Ali Hosseini said Sunday night.
- Iran reminds US of its responsibility in Iraq IRNA 13 Aug 2007 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman, Mohammad-Ali Hosseini said on Sunday night that Iran reminded the US of its responsibility in Iraq envisaged in the Geneva Convention for the occupying forces.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|