05 August 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- MNC-I Soldier targeted by improvised explosive device
- MND-B Soldier killed during combat operations
- MNC-I Soldiers attacked
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Press Briefing, August 5, 2007 MNF-I 05 Aug 2007 -- TOPIC: A JOINT MEDIA ROUNDTABLE
- August 4 airpower summary: F-16s fly close-air-support missions AFPN 05 Aug 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations August 4 according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Recent Ops in Iraq Kill Extremists, Nab Suspects, Weapons AFPS 05 Aug 2007 -- Coalition forces killed four insurgents and detained 46 in operations across Iraq since Aug. 3, officials in Baghdad reported.
- Air Strike Kills Mastermind Behind Iraqi Golden Mosque Bombings AFPS 05 Aug 2007 -- The senior al Qaeda terrorist believed to be the mastermind behind both bombings of the Golden Mosque in Samarra, Iraq, was killed during a coalition air strike, a Multinational Force Iraq spokesperson told journalists in Baghdad today.
- Militant Blamed for Samarra Mosque Bombings Killed VOA 05 Aug 2007 -- The U.S. military in Iraq says coalition forces have killed the man behind bombings at a revered Shi'ite mosque that triggered sectarian violence across Iraq.
- Gates: Troop Surge in Iraq Pays Off in Heightened Security AFPS 05 Aug 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said today on the Sunday morning talk shows that he's seeing signs the troop surge in Baghdad is helping stabilize security so the Iraqi government can focus on overcoming sectarian divisions and building critical government institutions.
- US Officials Concerned About Lack of Political Progress in Iraq VOA 05 Aug 2007 -- Senior Bush administration officials say the surge of U.S. troops in Iraq is showing some military success
- Iraq's Maliki Rejects Sunni Ministers' Resignations VOA 05 Aug 2007 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has refused to accept the resignations of six Sunni Arab cabinet ministers who quit last week.
- Diyala Meeting Outlines Strategies to Improve Iraqi Police Force AFPS 05 Aug 2007 -- Iraqi and U.S. military leaders in Iraq's Diyala province met yesterday with local and district police chiefs to discuss strategies to further professionalize the police force as it works to maintain security.
- Iraqi Air Force Growing in Size, Capability AFPS 05 Aug 2007 -- As the Iraqi army is growing into its role of securing Iraq, the country's air force is making great progress, too, the Coalition Air Force Transition Team commander told Baghdad reporters today.
- Palestinian Refugees in Iraq to Get Medical Treatment in Syria VOA 05 Aug 2007 -- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees says Syria has allowed four seriously ill young Palestinians to enter the country to receive urgently needed medical treatment
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|