04 July 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- MND-B Soldier killed during combat operations
- Task Force Lightning Soldier killed
- OP Geronimo Strike finds al Qaeda safe houses MNF-I 04 Jul 2007 -- Paratroopers discovered, then destroyed, three al Qaeda safe houses during an early-morning raid near Jurf As Sukhr July 3.
- Operation "Iron Blitz" captures 25 insurgents in June MNF-I 05 Jul 2007 -- Over the past 30 days, Multi-National Division-Baghdad Soldiers captured 25 suspected insurgents during Operation "Iron Blitz" northwest of the Iraqi capital.
- July 3 airpower summary: A-10 Thunderbolt IIs provide close-air support AFPN 04 Jul 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported Coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan in the following operations July 3, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Coalition, Iraqi Forces Taking Fight to Enemy AFPS 04 Jul 2007 -- Working independently or as a team, coalition and Iraqi forces are increasing the pressure on al Qaeda in Iraq and other insurgent groups in the country.
- Iraq: Latest U.S. Charges On Iran Raise Tensions RFE/RL 04 Jul 2007 -- The U.S. military announced on July 2 that it had arrested a senior Hizbollah operative in the southern city of Al-Basrah on March 20 and that he had admitted to working with the Quds Force, a secret military wing linked to Iran's Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC).
- IRAQ: Sunni, Shia families swap homes in bid to remain safe IRIN 04 Jul 2007 -- Six months ago Sunni militants forced the Shia family of Baqir Zaidan Najim out of their house in Baghdad's southern Sunni-dominated suburb of Dora.
- Iraqi Parliament Delays Debate on New Oil Revenue Bill VOA 04 Jul 2007 -- Iraq's parliament has delayed the start of debate on a newly revised oil revenue-sharing law following complaints from Sunni, Kurd and Shi'ite politicians.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 04 Jul 2007 [PDF]
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|