19 June 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 19 Jun 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Small arms fire targets MND-B patrol
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Task Force Lightning Soldiers attacked
- Patrol struck by IED south of Baghdad
- Transcript: Joint Press Conference with Secretary Gates, U.S. Ambassador Crocker and Gen. Petraeus 19 Jun 2007 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Ryan Crocker and Commanding General Multinational Force Iraq Gen. David Petraeus
- Operation Castine nets four suspected car bomb makers MNF-I 19 Jun 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi Security Forces conducted a cordon and search operation in the Adhamiyah District June 18, resulting in the capture of three suspects caught with materials used in the manufacture of car bombs
- June 18 airpower summary: Strike Eagles watch over troops AFPN 19 Jun 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations June 18, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Start of 'Arrowhead Ripper' Highlights Iraq Operations AFPS 19 Jun 2007 -- The beginning of a new offensive targeting al Qaeda in the Iraqi city of Baqubah highlights recent operations reported by military officials in Iraq.
- Truck Bomb Kills 75 in Baghdad VOA 19 Jun 2007 -- A truck bomb near a Shiite mosque in Baghdad has killed at least 75 people and injured more than 130 others
- Baghdad Truck Bomb Kills 75 As Troops Launch Offensive RFE/RL 19 Jun 2007 -- A massive truck bomb explosion has killed some 75 people and wounded at least 130 in central Baghdad.
- Task Force Lightning strikes al-Qaeda MNF-I 19 Jun 2007 -- Task Force Lightning commenced Operation Arrowhead Ripper today in a large-scale effort to eliminate al-Qaeda in Iraq terrorists operating in Baqouba and its surrounding areas.
- Bush Calls Iraq Success Vital to Middle East, World AFPS 19 Jun 2007 -- The establishment of a democratic Iraq will benefit freedom-loving people across the Middle East and around the world, President Bush told reporters today at a White House news conference.
- Official Cites Iraqi Government Responsiveness After Mosque Attack AFPS 19 Jun 2007 -- A senior defense official today credited decisive action by the Iraqi government with helping to prevent last week's bombing at the Golden Mosque in Samarra, Iraq, from escalating into widespread sectarian violence.
- Backgrounder: Economic Doldrums in Iraq cfr.org 19 Jun 2007
- IRAQ: Fallujah security crackdown preventing access for aid workers IRIN 19 Jun 2007 -- A month-long security crackdown is preventing aid workers from getting to displaced families in the central Iraqi city of Fallujah and its outskirts, while a curfew imposed by US forces is restricting residents' ability to go out and buy much-needed supplies.
- Britain's Defense Chief Reports on Inquiries Into Boarding Incident in Gulf VOA 19 Jun 2007 -- Britain's defense secretary, Des Browne, has disclosed in parliament the findings of two inquiries examining the March 23 boarding incident in the Gulf that led to the two-week detention in Iran of 15 British marines and sailors
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|