Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
16 May 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 16 May 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Brig. Gen. Wiggins from the Pentagon 16 May 2007 -- Presenter: Deputy Director for Regional Operations, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Brig. Gen. Perry Wiggins
- Press conference with Maj. Gen. Willian Caldwell IV, spokesman, MNF-I, and Brig. Gen. Marck Gurganus, commander, Ground Combat Element, MNF- West, on operations in Al Anbar province, May 16, 2007 MNF-I 16 May 2007
- May 15 airpower summary: ISR critical to mission success AFPN 16 May 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan in the following operations May 15, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Four Terrorists Killed, 30 Suspects Detained in Overnight Raids AFPS 16 May 2007 -- Coalition forces in Iraq killed four terrorists and detained 30 suspected terrorists during operations yesterday and today targeting the al Qaeda in Iraq leadership network.
- Iraqi, Coalition Forces Detain Suspects in Search for Missing Troops AFPS 16 May 2007 -- Acting on tips received from Iraqi citizens, Iraqi special operations forces and coalition troops detained 16 individuals today during a search for three U.S. soldiers missing since May 12.
- Baghdad 'Surge' Moves Forward as Search for Missing Troops Continues AFPS 16 May 2007 -- As the troop surge continues in Baghdad, search efforts continue for three 10th Mountain Division soldiers who remain missing following a pre-dawn attack south of the city, the Joint Staff's deputy operations director reported today.
- Violence Kills 41 Outside Baghdad, US Troops Continue Search for Missing Soldiers VOA 16 May 2007 -- A car bomb in the violent Diyala province, northeast of Baghdad, has killed at least 32 people and wounded dozens more
- Supreme Leader says upcoming Iran-US talks focuses on Iraq security IRNA 16 May 2007 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said on Wednesday that upcoming talks with US on Iraq security have nothing to do with Iranian principles and logic reaffirming commitment to aspirations of the late Imam Khomeini.
- Iraq: Kurdish Region Under Increasing Threat RFE/RL 16 May 2007 -- Two high-profile bomb attacks targeting Kurdish institutions this month have drawn attention to security in the region, which had escaped much of the violence plaguing other areas in Iraq
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list