13 April 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 13 Apr 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- MND-B loses Soldier to non-battle death
- MND-B security patrol ends with small arms fire
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- MND-B patrol ends with IED strike
- MND-B patrol base comes under attack
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: News Briefing with Lt. Gen. Odierno from Iraq 13 Apr 2007 -- Presenter: Commander of Multinational Corps-Iraq Lt. Gen. Ray Odierno
- US General: Iran May be Helping Iraqi Sunni Insurgents, Shi'ite Groups VOA 13 Apr 2007 -- The second-ranking U.S. general in Iraq says his experts suspect that Iran is helping Sunni insurgent groups, as well as Shi'ite groups, as both contribute to ongoing violence in Iraq
- April 12 airpower: F-15s provide overwatch support AFPN 13 Apr 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force, or ISAF, in Afghanistan in the following operations April 12, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Corps Commander Highlights Progress in Iraq AFPS 13 Apr 2007 -- With more than half of the U.S. surge troops in Baghdad, there has been steady progress in the Baghdad security plan, a top U.S. commander in Iraq said today.
- Coalition Forces Capture 18 Suspected Terrorists in Iraq AFPS 13 Apr 2007 -- Coalition forces captured 18 suspected al Qaeda terrorists this week, while Iraqi forces took the lead in operations throughout the country, detaining five suspects, military officials report.
- South Korea to Set Plan for Iraq Troop Withdrawal VOA 13 Apr 2007 -- South Korea's Defense Ministry says the country will draw up plans by the end of June to withdraw its remaining troops from Iraq.
- Commander in Iraq Apologizes for Extensions With No Notice to Families AFPS 13 Apr 2007 -- Leaks to the media forced Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates to speed up releasing his decision to increase tour lengths for soldiers assigned to U.S. Central Command from a year to 15 months.
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Gen. Conway from the Pentagon 13 Apr 2007 -- Presenter: Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. James Conway and Deputy Commandant for Aviation Lt. Gen. John Castellaw
- Osprey Aircraft to Make Combat Debut in Iraq AFPS 13 Apr 2007 -- A Marine aircraft with dual personalities -- part airplane, part helicopter -- will soon buzz and hover above Iraq's deserts, providing assault and medical support.
- Press Gaggle by Dana Perino and Dr. Ali Al-Dabbagh, Spokesman for the Government of Iraq The White House 13 Apr 2007
- U.S. Commander: Terror Attack in Baghdad Strengthens Resolve AFPS 13 Apr 2007 -- Yesterday's terrorist attack on the Iraqi parliament that killed one member of Parliament and wounded 22 other people has only strengthened the resolve of the government of Iraq and its Council of Representatives, a top U.S. commander in Iraq said Army Lt. Gen. Ray Odierno today.
- U.S. General Calls on Iraqis To Stand Up Against Violence Washington File 13 Apr 2007 -- top U.S. general urged the Iraqi people to "stand up and reject" insurgent violence in the wake of an April 12 suicide bombing of Iraq's parliament inside Baghdad's heavily guarded "Green Zone."
- Security Council condemns in 'strongest terms' terror attack on Iraqi parliament UN News Centre 13 Apr 2007 -- The United Nations Security Council today condemned in the "strongest terms" the deadly terrorist attack on Iraq's Parliament, calling for the perpetrators to be brought to justice and urging all States to cooperate with Iraqi authorities.
- EU Urges Peaceful Solution to Turkey-Iraq Dispute VOA 13 Apr 2007 -- The European Union has urged Turkey to peacefully resolve its differences with Iraq, following a call by Turkey's top general for a military incursion into Iraq to pursue Turkish Kurd rebels.
- Turkish General Threatens To Attack Kurdish Rebels In Iraq RFE/RL 13 Apr 2007 -- Turkey's top general has called for military operations in northern Iraq against Kurdish rebels hiding there.
- Turkish intrusion in North Iraq would mean war - Kurdish MP RIA Novosti 13 Apr 2007 -- Turkey's intrusion into the north of Iraq to conduct a military operation against Kurdish separatists based there would be tantamount to a declaration of war, a senior MP in Iraq's Kurdish autonomy said Friday.
- Turkey plans strikes on Iraq's Kurdish rebels in late April RIA Novosti 13 Apr 2007 -- The Turkish military may start a three-month transborder operation against Kurdish separatists in northern Iraq, the weekly Tempo quoted the Army chief of staff as saying Friday.
- Iraqi Parliament Holds Special Session Day After Attack VOA 13 Apr 2007 -- An insurgent umbrella group which includes al-Qaida in Iraq, claimed Friday it carried out the parliament suicide bombing in Baghdad's Green Zone
- Iraq's Parliament Convenes After Deadly Bombing VOA 13 Apr 2007 -- Iraq's parliament has convened in a special session to condemn Thursday's deadly bombing inside the building, but few lawmakers attended.
- Iraq: Bombing Leads To Questions On Green Zone Security RFE/RL 13 Apr 2007 -- The U.S. military says that one Iraqi parliament deputy was killed and 22 other civilians injured in the suicide bombing at the Iraqi parliament on April 12.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|