11 April 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Roadside bomb targets MND-B patrol
- MND-B patrol attacked in southern Baghdad
- Press Briefing, April 11, 2007 MNF-I 11 Apr 2007 -- Media roundtable with Maj. Gen. William Caldwell IV, MNF-I spokesman, and Maj. Marty Weber, 79th Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit, April 11, 2007
- Forces Capture Terrorists, Discover Weapons Caches in Iraq AFPS 11 Apr 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces continued to engage suspected terrorists in multiple operations throughout Iraq using ground forces and aircraft over the past several days, military officials reported.
- Ordnance disposal makes for no ordinary day AFPN 11 Apr 2007 -- Airmen assigned to the 332nd Civil Engineer Squadron's Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight have a dangerous mission that keeps fellow coalition forces safe.
- Seabees Build Quality of Life Improvements in Baharia Navy NewsStand 11 Apr 2007 -- Navy Reservists with Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 28, Delta Company, Shreveport, La., finished building Southwest Asia (SWA) huts for and with the Army's 5th Batallion, 7th U.S. Cavalry, at Baharia near Fallujah, April 6.
- Operation Black Eagle City recovers through efforts of Iraqi Army and coalition partners MNF-I 11 Apr 2007 -- As the fighting in Diwaniyah slowed, the government and military leaders of Operation Black Eagle met to discuss ways to begin rebuilding the city and provide humanitarian aid to the people most affected by the recent militia violence.
- Gates Extends Army Tours in Iraq to 15 Months AFPS 11 Apr 2007 -- All soldiers in the U.S. Central Command area of operations will serve 15-month tours in the region beginning immediately, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates announced today.
- US Extends Deployments of Troops in Iraq, Afghanistan VOA 11 Apr 2007 -- The U.S. Defense Department announced Wednesday that most of the U.S. army troops now in Iraq and Afghanistan and other parts of the Middle East and East Africa will have their assignments extended from 12 months to 15 months, and that the longer tours of duty will apply to soldiers who deploy to the region for the foreseeable future
- White House Searching for Iraq, Afghanistan War 'Czar' VOA 11 Apr 2007 -- A U.S. newspaper says the Bush administration has been unsuccessfully trying to find someone to oversee the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Secretary Gates and Gen. Pace from the Pentagon 11 Apr 2007 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Robert Gates and Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Peter Pace
- General Sees Protests as Signs of Freedom in Iraq, Recaps Security Plan AFPS 11 Apr 2007 -- Organized protests in Iraq four years after the country's liberation are symbols of new political freedom that was suppressed by Saddam, a coalition spokesman in Baghdad said today.
- U.S. Military Fully Committed to Success in Iraq, Top Enlisted Says AFPS 11 Apr 2007 -- The United States military is fully committed to its mission of providing the Iraqi people the opportunity for stability and security at home, no matter how long it takes, the top enlisted U.S. servicemember in Iraq said today.
- McCain Condemns Democrats for Troop Withdrawal Deadlines VOA 11 Apr 2007 -- Republican presidential contender John McCain made an impassioned plea for public support for the war in Iraq Wednesday
- U.S. Accuses Iran Of Aiding Iraqi Sunni Extremists RFE/RL 11 Apr 2007 -- The U.S. military today accused Iranian intelligence agents of supporting Sunni extremist groups in Iraq, and not just Shi'ite militiamen.
- US Military: Iranian Agents Supporting Insurgent Groups in Iraq VOA 11 Apr 2007 -- The chief U.S. military spokesman in Iraq says Iranian operatives continue to provide high-powered explosives and training to Iraqi insurgents, despite repeated requests by top U.S. officials for Iran to stop the practice
- IRAQ: "Humanitarian catastrophe" looms in Diwaniyah IRIN 11 Apr 2007 -- A week of fierce clashes between US-Iraqi forces and Shia militiamen in Diwaniyah has brought the city to the brink of a "real humanitarian catastrophe", health workers said on Wednesday
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 11 Apr 2007 [PDF]
- Iraqi Government Spokesman Opposes Premature Troop Withdrawal VOA 11 Apr 2007 -- Iraq's government spokesman, Ali al-Dabbagh, spoke out Wednesday against what he called a "premature" withdrawal of U.S. forces from his country
- Iran May Boycott Iraq Security Conference if Detainees Not Freed VOA 11 Apr 2007 -- Iran has signaled that it may not participate in an upcoming Iraqi security conference if the United States does not release five detained Iranians.
- ICRC Says Civilian Suffering in Iraq Unbearable VOA 11 Apr 2007 -- The International Committee of the Red Cross says the suffering of civilians in Iraq is worsening
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|