27 March 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 27 Mar 2007 [PDF]
- MNF-W Forces attacked
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- March 27 airpower: Fighters provide overwatch AFPN 27 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for March 27.
- Troops Capture Seven Suspects, Find Weapons AFPS 27 Mar 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces captured seven terrorism suspects and destroyed illegal weapons today, military officials reported.
- Bomb Attacks Kill 60 in Iraq VOA 27 Mar 2007 -- Iraqi officials say bombing attacks have killed nearly 60 people, Tuesday.
- USS John C. Stennis Now Operating in Persian Gulf Navy NewsStand 27 Mar 2007 -- The aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) entered the Persian Gulf on March 27, escorted by the guided-missile cruiser USS Antietam (CG 54).
- US Navy Conducts War Games in Persian Gulf VOA 27 Mar 2007 -- The U.S. Navy is conducting its largest war games in the Persian Gulf since the 2003 invasion of Iraq at a time of increasing tensions with Iran.
- US Senate Backs Timetable for US Troop Withdrawal from Iraq VOA 27 Mar 2007 -- The Democratic-led Senate for the first time has signaled its support for a timetable for a U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq
- House Democrats Signal Readiness to Talk on Iraq Bill VOA 27 Mar 2007 -- As the Senate tries to move closer to a vote on its Iraq-Afghanistan funding bill, Democrats in the House of Representatives are signaling their readiness to talk with President Bush about the legislation
- US Senate Republicans Say They Will Not Block Iraq Bill VOA 27 Mar 2007 -- Republican leaders in the U.S. Senate say they will not try to block passage of an Iraq war-spending bill, even if it includes a troop withdrawal deadline.
- US Senate Debates Bill to Fund Military Missions in Iraq, Afghanistan VOA 27 Mar 2007 -- The U.S. Senate continues debate Tuesday on President Bush's request for additional funding for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Iraq Making Political, Economic Progress, U.S. Official Says Washington File 27 Mar 2007 -- Iraq's elected leaders are making progress toward political reconciliation, economic development and improved relations with neighbors, says a top U.S. official.
- Iraq's Government to Consider Bill to Reinstate Former Baathists VOA 27 Mar 2007 -- Iraq's prime minister and president have introduced new legislation to make it easier for former members of Saddam Hussein's Baath party to resume working in government and security positions
- IRAQ: NGOs urge more aid for displaced families in south IRIN 27 Mar 2007 -- Nearly a million displaced people in Iraq's increasingly volatile southern provinces are in urgent need of food, medicines and municipal services, local officials and NGOs say.
- Iraq: NGO Works To Help Children Caught Up In War RFE/RL 27 Mar 2007 -- For more than a decade, the nongovernmental charity War Child has been helping children caught up in armed conflicts around the world.
- UK sailors' issue to be settled by 'self-restraint, respect' IRNA 27 Mar 2007 -- The issue of violation of Iranian territories in the Persian Gulf by British marines will be settled through respect to the rules and self-restraint, Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday.
- Issue of UK marines will be resolved in light of law, Hosseini IRNA 27 Mar 2007 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini said on Tuesday that the issue of the UK marines will be resolved in light of law calling for self-restraint.
- Britain Calls On Iran To Release Sailors RFE/RL 27 Mar 2007 -- Britain has again called on Iran to quickly release the 15 British sailors and marines it has been holding since March 23.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|