17 January 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 17 Jan 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- 2 Soldiers killed in Al Anbar
- Press Briefing, Jan. 17, 2007 MNF-I 17 Jan 2007 -- TOPIC: SECURITY OPERATIONS AND TRAINING IN IRAQ
- 40 Detained in Iraq; Weapons Caches Discovered AFPS 17 Jan 2007 -- Coalition forces detained 40 suspected insurgents and discovered large weapons caches this week during raids throughout Iraq, military officials said.
- Iraqi Forces' Plus-up Part of Baghdad 'Surge' Plan AFPS 17 Jan 2007 -- A plus-up of Iraqi soldiers is a component of President Bush's strategy to stabilize Iraq's capital city and parts of western Iraq, senior U.S. military officials said during a Baghdad news conference today.
- Oil Protection Forces Guard Vital Pipelines Army News 17 Jan 2007 -- Artillery Soldiers visited two oil-gas separation plants in Janbar Thursday to check the progress of the Oil Protection Forces guarding pipelines south of here.
- CENTAF airpower summary for Jan. 17 AFPN 17 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Jan. 17.
- 1/34 BCT Officially Extended in Iraq MNF-I 17 Jan 2007 -- The Soldiers of the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 34th Infantry Division received an official 125-day extension order today.
- Provincial Reconstruction Teams Building Local Iraqi Leadership Washington File 17 Jan 2007 -- Unlike other international aid programs operating in Iraq that focus on infrastructure projects, provincial reconstruction teams (PRTs) are designed to expand the capacity of Iraqis to deliver essential services to their own people, helping to establish a permanent mid-level bureaucracy that will be able to respond to needs well after international assistance workers have gone.
- Bipartisan Group of US Senators Agree on Resolution Opposing Troop Increase to Iraq VOA 17 Jan 2007 -- Three U.S. senators, including a leading Republican, have agreed on a resolution opposing President Bush' plan to send additional troops to Iraq.
- Bush Continues Campaign for Iraq Plan VOA 17 Jan 2007 -- President Bush has made his toughest comments to date on the way Iraqi officials handled the execution of Saddam Hussein
- US Lawmakers Examine Plight of Iraqi Refugees VOA 17 Jan 2007 -- Millions of Iraqis have been displaced by the sectarian violence wracking their country, and many have sought refuge in neighboring countries - severely straining those governments' resources.
- IRAQ: UN death figures paint a grim picture IRIN 17 Jan 2007 -- The Iraqi government must move fast to curb sectarian violence and establish the rule of law to prevent the deaths of more innocent civilians, said a United Nations senior official and an Iraqi analyst.
- IRAQ: Baghdad most violent province in Iraq IRIN 17 Jan 2007
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 17 Jan 2007 [PDF]
- Analysis: An Iraq Plan Unfolds cfr.org 17 Jan 2007
- Iraq Sees Second Day of Surging Violence VOA 17 Jan 2007 -- More than 20 people are dead in Iraq in the second day of surging violence that killed more than 100 people Tuesday
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|