15 January 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- 89th Military Police Brigade Soldier unit hit by improvised explosive device
- Route Clearance Patrol Strikes IED
- Press Briefing, Jan. 15, 2007 MNF-I 15 Jan 2007 -- PRESS CONFERENCE WITH U.S. AMBASSADOR TO IRAQ ZALMAY KHALILZAD AND GENERAL GEORGE CASEY
- Hub-and-spoke missions provide tactical airlift in Iraq AFPN 15 Jan 2007 -- Whether it is operating from rough dirt strips or dropping off troops and equipment into hostile areas, C-130 Hercules keep convoys off the road in Iraq through airpower.
- Weapons Cache Seized; Ceremony Held for Iraqi Police Graduates AFPS 15 Jan 2007 -- U.S. soldiers assisted in the removal of a makeshift bomb near Baghdad after Iraqi police seized the devise along with a weapons cache during a raid on Jan. 13, U.S. military officials reported.
- Bush: Victory in Iraq Crucial to U.S. Security, Middle East Stability AFPS 15 Jan 2007 -- Failure in Iraq would threaten America's security and create entrenched instability in the Middle East, President Bush said in an interview that aired last night on the CBS News program "60 Minutes."
- Casey: First Additional U.S. Troops Arrive in Baghdad to Support New Plan AFPS 15 Jan 2007 -- The first additional U.S. troops who will take part in new security operations in Iraq have arrived in Baghdad, the top U.S. military commander in Iraq said today.
- Rice Presses Moderate Arab States to Support Iraq Government VOA 15 Jan 2007 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice met Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah in Riyadh late Monday as she continued Middle East talks aimed at solidifying Arab support behind Iraq's struggling government.
- Outgoing US Commander Says No Guarantee of Success in Iraq VOA 15 Jan 2007 -- The outgoing commander of U.S. forces in Iraq says it will probably take months to see results from a new security plan for Iraq
- Bush Acknowledges US Has Contributed to Instability in Iraq VOA 15 Jan 2007 -- President Bush has acknowledged that his administration's decisions have contributed to instability in Iraq.
- Iraqi Authorities Execute Saddam's Half-Brother, Former Chief Judge VOA 15 Jan 2007 -- Iraq's government says it executed two close aides of former president Saddam Hussein before dawn Monday
- Iraqi Government Confirms Hussein Codefendants Hanged RFE/RL 15 Jan 2007 -- A spokesman for Iraq's government has confirmed that two of Saddam Hussein's codefendants have been hanged for crimes against humanity.
- Iraqi Government Shows Film Of Latest Hangings RFE/RL 15 Jan 2007 -- The Iraqi government has shown journalists videotape of today's executions of two of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's codefendants.
- IRAQ: Anbar province worst for violence IRIN 15 Jan 2007 -- In a series of articles, IRIN documents the levels of violence and consequent needs of the population in six different regions of the country.
- IRAQ: Disease alert after sewage system collapses IRIN 15 Jan 2007 -- Residents of Iraq's capital, Baghdad, are at risk of contracting a range of waterborne diseases as the city's sewage system has collapsed after four days of heavy rain, the country's health ministry said on Monday.
- Spokesman: US attack on Iranian Consulate, anti-Iraq measure IRNA 15 Jan 2007 -- Government spokesman, Gholam-Hossein Elham, said here Monday that the attack by US troops on Iran's Consular Office in the northern Iraqi city of Erbil is an action against the Iraqi government.
- Ahmadinejad Says U.S. Arrest of Iranians A 'Misstep' RFE/RL 15 Jan 2007 -- Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad has said the arrest of five Iranians by U.S. forces in Iraq was a "misstep" by the United States meant to cover up U.S. failure in Iraq.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|