05 January 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 03 Jan 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Coalition Forces attacked in Fallujah
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. Simon Mayall from the Pentagon 05 Jan 2007 -- Presenter: Deputy Commander, Multinational Corps-Iraq Maj. Gen. Simon Mayall of the United Kingdom
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Jan. 5 AFPN 05 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Jan. 5.
- Iraqi Forces Rescue Hostages, Detain Suspects, Capture Weapons AFPS 05 Jan 2007 -- Iraqi soldiers freed two hostages, detained 10 suspects, and seized a weapons cache in several recent incidents throughout Iraq, coalition officials said.
- Defense Secretary Gates Announces Recommendations to the President on Key Leadership Positions 05 Jan 2007
- Bush to Replace US Commanders in Iraq and Middle East VOA 05 Jan 2007 -- President Bush is replacing two of his top military commanders in the Middle East, as he finalizes a new strategy for Iraq
- Iraq: Bush Expected To Announce U.S. Troop 'Surge' RFE/RL 05 Jan 2007 -- U.S. President Bush is set to present the details of his new initiatives for Iraq next week -- on a day yet to be announced.
- Top US Congressional Democrats Urge Bush Not to Send More Troops to Iraq VOA 05 Jan 2007 -- The top leaders of the new Democratic-led U.S. Congress are urging President Bush not to increase the number of U.S. troops in Iraq
- US Congressional Democrats Call for Troop Reductions in Iraq VOA 05 Jan 2007 -- Members of the new Democratic majority in the U.S. Congress are calling for American troop reductions in Iraq, amid reports that President Bush is preparing to announce an overhaul of his Iraq policy that could include a short-term surge of thousands of troops into the country
- Bush to Name New General in Charge of Iraq VOA 05 Jan 2007 -- President Bush is planning to name new U.S. military commanders for Iraq and the Middle East, as he prepares to announce his new Iraq strategy next week.
- Bush Says Hussein Hanging Should Have Been 'More Dignified' RFE/RL 05 Jan 2007 --U.S. President George W. Bush says Saddam Hussein's hanging should have been carried out "in a more dignified way."
- Analysis: Can a Troop 'Surge' Save Iraq? cfr.org 05 Jan 2007 -- President Bush has reshuffled his top political and military advisers on Iraq ahead of a major speech on the war in which he is expected to call for a "surge" of U.S. forces.
- Task Force Helps Revitalize Iraq's Industries AFPS 05 Jan 2007 -- A team of 25 industrial leaders and business analysts is headed to Iraq today to join 35 others already there working to get almost 200 idle Iraqi factories up and running.
- Backgrounder: Impediments to National Reconciliation in Iraq cfr.org 05 Jan 2007
- British General: 2007 Will Be 'Battle of Wills' in Iraq AFPS 05 Jan 2007 -- The next year will be an important time in Iraq, when the Iraqi government must take more responsibility for the country and the coalition must continue its commitment to creating a stable, unified Iraq, a top British general in Iraq said today.
- Egyptian President Criticizes Timing, Events of Saddam Hanging VOA 05 Jan 2007 -- Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has criticized the timing and events surrounding the execution of deposed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|