29 September 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 29 Sep 2006 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Col. Sean B. MacFarland from Iraq 29 Sep 2006 -- Presenter: Army Col. Sean B. MacFarland, commander of 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division
- Tribal Leaders in Western Iraq Are Working Against Al-Qaida Washington File 29 Sep 2006 -- Defeating an insurgency requires long-term perseverance, says a U.S. Army official, and that kind of perseverance is paying off in western Iraq where tribal leaders are turning away from al-Qaida.
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Sept. 29 AFPN 29 Sep 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Sept. 29.
- Iraqi Police Capture Terrorists; Bodies Found in Vehicle AFPS 29 Sep 2006 -- Iraqi national police detained eight suspected terrorists and seized a weapons cache in western Baghdad Sept. 26, U.S. military officials reported.
- Al Qaeda in Iraq Severely Disrupted, General Says AFPS 29 Sep 2006 -- The killing of al Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in June severely disrupted the terrorist organization's capability, but foreign fighters entering Iraq continue to cause problems, a senior Multinational Force Iraq spokesman told reporters in Baghdad yesterday.
- Iraq: New Security Initiatives Aim To Lessen Violence RFE/RL 28 Sep 2006 -- Two new security initiatives were launched this week in Iraq.
- Bush Lashes Out at Iraq War Critics VOA 29 Sep 2006 -- President Bush and opposition Democrats continue to argue about the war in Iraq, as political tensions rise with congressional elections now just over a month away
- Ramadi has 'Tipped' to Iraqi Government, Coalition AFPS 29 Sep 2006 -- The battle for Ramadi has "tipped" in favor of the government of Iraq and the coalition, the commander of 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division, said today.
- MNF-I officials reiterate support for Iraqi Government MNF-I 29 Sep 2006
- U.S. Agency Announces $7.8 Million To Revitalize Iraqi Agriculture Washignton File 29 Sep 2006 -- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Secretary Mike Johanns announced September 25 that USDA is requesting proposals from U.S. land-grant institutions to strengthen agricultural extension and training at Iraqi agricultural universities.
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 9, Number 34 29 Sep 2006
- Iraq Violence Continues in Spite of Ramadan VOA 29 Sep 2006 -- Violence in Iraq continues to escalate in this first week of Ramadan.
- Brother-In-Law, Nephew of Saddam Trial Judge Gunned Down VOA 29 Sep 2006 -- Iraqi authorities say gunmen have shot dead the brother-in-law of the new judge in charge of the genocide trial against former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|