Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
06 September 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Iraqi Government To Start Transfer of Military Authority Washington File 06 Sep 2006 -- On September 7, the Iraqi government will reach yet another milestone by taking control of its army's ground forces command structure as well as Iraq's air and naval forces, a coalition forces spokesman reports.
- Historic Transfer of Military Authority to Take Place in Iraq AFPS 06 Sep 2006 -- For the first time since the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime, the Iraqi prime minister, through the Iraqi minister of defense, will take operational control of the Iraqi ground forces command structure and the country's air forces and navy tomorrow, a U.S. military spokesman in Iraq said today.
- Iraqi Air Force Takes Off in Building for Future AFPS 06 Sep 2006 -- As the Iraqi army gains in numbers and capability, so too does the country's air force, which aims to grow to 2,500 airmen by the year's end, the commander of the Coalition Air Force Transition Team said.
- IRAQ: Slow reconstruction blamed on corruption AFPN 06 Sep 2006 -- It has been three years since the fall of the former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein's government and Iraqis are still lacking basic facilities such as power, clean potable water and sanitation, problems some experts blame on corruption.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 06 Sep 2006 [PDF]
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list