28 August 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 25 Aug 2006 [PDF]
- MND-B SOLDIER KILLED BY SMALL-ARMS FIRE
- 4 MND-B SOLDIERS KILLED BY ROADSIDE BOMB
- MND-B SOLDIER KILLED BY ROADSIDE BOMB
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Press Briefing, Aug. 28, 2006 MNF-I 28 Aug 2006 -- TOPIC: OPERATIONAL UPDATE
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Brig. Gen. Pittard from Iraq 28 Aug 2006 -- Presenter: Commander, Iraqi Assistance Group, Brig. Gen. Dana Pittard
- Shi'ite Militiamen Battle Iraqi Soldiers in Southern Iraq VOA 28 Aug 2006 -- Iraqi officials say at least 40 Shi'ite militiamen and 20 Iraqi soldiers have been killed in an eruption of fighting in the southern part of the country
- CENTAF releases airpower summaries AFPN 28 Aug 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summaries for Aug. 25 to 27.
- Iraqi Forces Capture Bomb Maker, Repel Attack AFPS 28 Aug 2006 -- Iraqi security forces captured a suspected bomb maker and cell leader yesterday near Mussayib, Iraq, U.S. military officials said.
- Iraqi troops battle rebels IRNA 28 Aug 2006 -- Iraqi troops fought fierce street battles with rebels in the central town of Diwaniyah on Monday.
- Iraqi Troops Battle Shi'ite Militiamen in Southern Iraq, 34 Dead VOA 28 Aug 2006 -- Officials say a fierce battle between Iraqi troops and Shi'ite militiamen in the south of the country has left at least 34 people dead.
- Baghdad Security Plan Progressing, Says Coalition Spokesman Washington File 28 Aug 2006 -- Violence in Baghdad, Iraq, has been cut in half in the past month, thanks to "Operation Together Forward," the Iraqi-planned and led initiative to target security threats to the city, says coalition forces spokesman Army Major General William Caldwell.
- U.S. Officer Sees 'Very Positive Progress' In Baghdad AFPS 28 Aug 2006 -- Iraqi- and coalition-conducted anti-insurgent operations in Baghdad in recent weeks are achieving results, a senior U.S. military officer told reporters in the Iraqi capital today.
- Kurds Push to Make Strong Legal Case of Genocide Against Saddam VOA 28 Aug 2006 -- Kurdish leaders in Iraq say they want to be sure prosecutors build the strongest case possible against Saddam Hussein and six of his military commanders charged with genocide in the Anfal military operation against Iraqi Kurds that prosecutors say killed 180,000 people
- Iraqis to Take Control of Their Army, Air Force, Navy AFPS 28 Aug 2006 -- The Iraqi government is slated to assume control of its soldiers, sailors and airmen sometime next month, a senior U.S. military officer told reporters in Baghdad today.
- Iraq Humanitarian and Reconstruction Assistance Updates USAID 28 Aug 2006 [PDF]
- Iranian envoy: Iraqi people key to solving security problems IRNA 28 Aug 2006 -- Iranian Ambassador to Baghdad Hassan Kazemi Qomi said Monday that the Iraqi people are the key to solving the country's security problems without the intervention of foreign troops.
- UK defense secretary in Baghdad on security hand-over IRNA 28 Aug 2006 -- The British Defense Secretary Des Browne is visiting Iraq to discuss the formal handing over of security in the south of the country, reports said on Monday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|