22 June 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 22 Jun 2006 [PDF]
- MND-B SOLDIER KILLED BY ROADSIDE BOMB
- FOUR MARINES KILLED IN OPERATIONS
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Secretary Rumsfeld and Gen. Casey from the Pentagon 22 Jun 2006 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld and Commander, Multinational Force Iraq, Gen. George Casey
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for June 22 AFPN 22 Jun 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released the airpower summary for June 22.
- Coalition Troops to Leave Muthanna Province in Iraq AFPS 22 Jun 2006 -- All coalition troops will leave Iraq's Muthanna province by the end of July, making it the country's first province to be responsible for its own security since the fall of Saddam Hussein, Iraqi officials said here today.
- America's First Team set to deploy Army News 22 Jun 2006 -- News that the Department of Defense announced the deployment of the 1st Cavalry Division Headquarters element and the 2nd and 3rd Brigade Combat Teams to Iraq spread like wildfire throughout the division this week.
- Iraq Insurgents Kill 5 US Service Members VOA 22 Jun 2006 -- Insurgents in Iraq have killed five U.S. service members.
- U.S. General Says Iran Has Increased Support to Iraqi Insurgency Washington File 22 Jun 2006 -- The commanding general of multinational forces in Iraq says there has been a noticeable increase in Iran's support for Iraqi insurgents since January.
- Casey Confident of Success Over Security Threats Confronting Iraq AFPS 22 Jun 2006 -- Iranian support for insurgents in Iraq has become a major factor in a "quite complex" security environment, the commander of ground forces in Iraq told Pentagon reporters today.
- Casey, Rumsfeld: No Recommendations Yet on Troop Numbers in Iraq AFPS 22 Jun 2006 -- The commander of coalition forces in Iraq gave two thumbs down today to the idea of setting a specific timetable for withdrawing U.S. forces from Iraq.
- US Commander Accuses Iran of Aiding Iraqi Shi'ite Insurgency VOA 22 Jun 2006 -- The top U.S. commander in Iraq has accused Iran of increasing its involvement in the Shiite insurgency in Iraq, and using its allies to launch attacks on U.S. forces
- US Senate Rejects Proposals to Withdraw Troops from Iraq VOA 22 Jun 2006 -- The Republican-led U.S. Senate has rejected two Democrat-sponsored proposals to begin withdrawing American troops from Iraq this year.
- US Senate Poised to Reject Proposals Calling for Iraq Troop Withdrawals VOA 22 Jun 2006 -- The U.S. Senate is expected to vote as early as Thursday on two Democrat-sponsored proposals calling for U.S. troops to begin withdrawing from Iraq later this year
- Backgrounder: The Debate Over Granting Amnesty to Iraqi Insurgents cfr.org 22 Jun 2006
- Analysis: Measuring Progress in Iraq cfr.org 22 Jun 2006 -- As the war in Iraq is hotly debated in the halls of Congress (WashPost), a question continues to vex American foreign policymakers: Are we making any headway?
- Backgrounder: Iraq's Faltering Infrastructure cfr.org 22 Jun 2006
- Australia To Take Enhanced Role In Iraq RFE/RL 22 Jun 2006 -- Australian Prime Minister John Howard says the country's forces in Iraq will be shifting to a more dangerous role.
- Progress made in talks on abducted Russians in Iraq - lawmaker RIA Novosti 22 Jun 2006 -- Talks to free four Russian diplomats kidnapped in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, almost three weeks ago have produced some progress, the speaker of the Russian parliament's upper chamber said Thursday.
- Iraq Says Almost Half of Kidnapped Factory Workers Have Been Freed VOA 22 Jun 2006 -- Iraqi officials say at least 30 out of 64 factory workers that gunmen seized on Wednesday have been freed.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|