21 June 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 21 Jun 2006 [PDF]
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for June 21 AFPN 21 Jun 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released the airpower summary for June 21.
- Iraqi Troops Seize 'High-Level' Terror Suspect VOA 21 Jun 2006 -- The U.S. military says Iraqi troops captured a "high-level" insurgent during a raid Wednesday in Baghdad.
- DoD announces the deployment of 1st Cav. Div. units Army News 21 Jun 2006 -- The Department of Defense announced yesterday the deployment of the 1st Cavalry Division Headquarters element and the 2nd and 3rd Brigade Combat Teams later this year in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- US Lawmakers Approve Additional Iraq, Afghanistan Funding VOA 21 Jun 2006 -- The House of Representatives has approved a $427 billion defense spending bill that includes $50 billion in additional support for U.S. military needs in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Deployment Notice Orders Don't Indicate Future Iraq Troop Levels AFPS 21 Jun 2006 -- Yesterday's announcement of deployment orders for Iraq issued to four more combat brigades should not be viewed as an indicator of future force levels there, a top Defense Department spokesman said here today.
- Marines, Sailor Face Charges in Iraqi Civilian's Death AFPS 21 Jun 2006 -- Seven Marines and a sailor were charged today with kidnapping, murder and conspiracy in connection with the death of an Iraqi civilian in Hamdania, Iraq, in late April.
- Iraq Seen as Major Issue in US Congressional Elections VOA 21 Jun 2006 -- Iraq is expected to be a central issue in the November congressional elections in the United States
- Top UN Iraq envoy condemns murder of defence lawyer in Saddam Hussein trial UN News Centre 21 Jun 2006 -- The senior United Nations envoy in Iraq today condemned the abduction and killing of a defence lawyer in trial of ousted President Saddam Hussein before the Iraqi Higher Tribunal.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report State Dept. 21 Jun 2006 [PDF]
- Russia appeals for release of abducted diplomats in Iraq RIA Novosti 21 Jun 2006 -- Russia has appealed again for the immediate release of four diplomats kidnapped in Baghdad on June 3.
- At Least 80 Factory Workers Kidnapped in Iraq VOA 21 Jun 2006 -- At least 80 Iraqi factory workers have been kidnapped in Taji, north of Baghdad.
- Top Saddam Hussein Attorney Killed RFE/RL 21 Jun 2006 -- One of Saddam Hussein's chief defense lawyers, Khamis al-Ubaydi, was shot to death today after he was abducted from his Baghdad home by men wearing police uniforms.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|