26 May 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 26 May 2006 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Col. Beech via teleconference from Iraq 26 May 2006 -- Presenter: Commander, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Col. Michael F. Beech
- CENTAF releases airpower summary AFPN 26 May 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released today's airpower summary.
- Coalition, Iraqi Forces Capture Terrorists AFPN 26 May 2006 -- Coalition forces and Iraqi security forces detained 21 suspected terrorists across Iraq this week, military officials reported.
- Iraq: Bush, Blair Acknowledge Mistakes, But Vow To Stay On REF/RL 26 May 2006 -- In a joint press conference at the White House on May 25, U.S. President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair admitted they've made costly mistakes in the Iraq war, but nevertheless remain determined to bring the process of democratization of the country to its conclusion.
- Bush, Blair Reaffirm Iraq Commitment AFPS 26 May 2006 -- President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair last night defended the decision to remove Saddam Hussein from power and emphasized that the stakes are worth the sacrifices made and those yet to come.
- Coalition Colonel Sees Optimism and Opportunity in Iraq Washington File 26 May 2006 -- Increasingly effective counterinsurgency operations by coalition-trained Iraqi security forces are prompting optimism about the country's future for Army Colonel Michael Beech of Multinational Force Baghdad.
- Reports: US Marines Likely Killed Iraqi Civilians VOA 26 May 2006 -- Two American news reports say an investigation into the deaths of at least 15 Iraqi civilians in an incident last November is expected to conclude that U.S. Marines killed the people.
- Backgrounder: Iraq Security: Limping Forward cfr.org 26 May 2006 -- Security problems and violence overshadow prospects for political stability in Iraq. Sectarian violence has escalated in the absence of a national unity government in recent months
- Iraqi General 'Completely Committed' to Reforming Military AFPS 26 May 2006 -- The man chosen to lead the Iraqi military's Center for Military Values, Principles and Leadership said he is "completely committed" to reforming the Iraqi armed forces.
- Iran Rejects Direct Talks with US on Situation in Iraq VOA 26 May 2006 -- Iran has rejected a U.S. offer to hold direct talks regarding the situation in Iraq.
- FM: Promotion of Tehran-Baghdad ties boosts regional security IRNA 26 May 2006 -- Visiting Foreign Minister of Iran Manouchehr Mottaki said here Friday that Iran-Iraq friendship and promotion of their relations would lead to regional security and stability.
- Mottaki: Iran happy with formation of Iraq's permanent gov't IRNA 26 May 2006 -- Visiting Foreign Minister of Iran Manouchehr Mottaki met with his Iraqi counterpart Hushyar Zebari here Friday expressing Tehran's satisfaction over formation of a permanent government in Iraq.
- Iran fully ready for taking part in reconstruction of Iraq - Mottaki IRNA 26 May 2006 -- Visiting Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs Manouchehr Mottaki on Friday announced Iran's full readiness to take part in the process of reconstruction of Iraq in a meeting with an Iraqi leading politician.
- Iraq: Iranian Foreign Minister Visits Baghdad REF/RL 26 May 2006 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Manuchehr Mottaki, in Iraq today for talks with Iraqi officials, is the first top Iranian official to arrive since President Mahmud Ahmadinejad's election win in June 2005 and the visit comes just weeks after Iran upgraded its representation in Baghdad to ambassador-level on May 9.
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 9, Number 21 26 May 2006
- Car Bomb Blast in Baghdad Kills 9 as Iran's Foreign Minister Arrives for Visit VOA 26 May 2006 -- Iraqi police say a car bomb explosion in Baghdad Friday killed at least nine people and wounded more than 30 others.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|