12 April 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 12 Apr 2006 [PDF]
- SOLDIER DIES FROM WOUNDS IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE
- TWO MND-B SOLDIERS KILLED BY ROADSIDE BOMBS
- IED KILLS MND-B SERVICEMEMBER
- TASK FORCE BAND OF BROTHERS SOLDIER DIES
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- CENTAF releases airpower summary report AFPN 12 Apr 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released today's airpower summary.
- Car Bomb Kills 20 at Iraqi Mosque VOA 12 Apr 2006 -- A car bomb has killed at least 20 people outside a Shi'ite mosque near the Iraqi city of Baquba.
- Pace Speaks on Fighting the Tough Fight in Iraq AFPS 12 Apr 2006 -- Americans should take pride in what U.S. forces have accomplished in Iraq, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a radio interview today.
- Rice Welcomes Iraq's First Ambassador to U.S. in 15 Years AFPS 12 Apr 2006 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice accepted the credentials of Iraq's first ambassador to the United States in 15 years yesterday at the State Department.
- Synthetic Clothes Off Limits to Marines Outside Bases in Iraq AFPS 12 Apr 2006 -- Marines conducting operations outside forward operating bases and camps in Iraq can no longer wear synthetic athletic clothing containing polyester and nylon, Marine Corps commanders have ordered.
- Iraqi Parliament to Meet Next Week VOA 12 Apr 2006 -- The acting speaker of Iraq's parliament says he will convene the legislature Monday to push forward the process of forming a national unity government.
- Iraq: Egyptian President's Remarks Illustrate Growing Divide RFE/RL 12 Apr 2006 -- The Iraqi government announced on April 11 that it would boycott this week's Arab foreign ministers' meeting in Cairo to protest remarks by Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak questioning the loyalty of Iraq's Shi'ite population
- Iraq Boycotts Arab League Meeting Over Mubarak Comments VOA 12 Apr 2006 -- Arab foreign ministers have met in Cairo to talk about Iraq, even though the Iraqi government boycotted the meeting over comments made recently by Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.
- Arab Foreign Ministers Meet To Discuss Iraq RFE/RL 12 Apr 2006 -- Arab foreign ministers meet in Cairo on April 12 to discuss the situation in Iraq.
- Australia's Howard to Testify on Iraq Wheat Scandal Thursday VOA 12 Apr 2006 -- Australian Prime Minister John Howard says he will testify Thursday at an inquiry into allegations that Australia's main wheat exporter paid bribes to Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq.
- Report: US Team Concluded Trailers in Iraq Not Mobile Weapons Labs Despite Bush Claim VOA 12 Apr 2006 -- A leading U.S. newspaper reports that a secret U.S. fact-finding mission concluded that trailers found in Iraq after the invasion had no connection to biological weapons - despite claims by President Bush that they were mobile weapons labs.
- IRAQ: Amid violence, health workers appeal for blood donations IRIN 12 Apr 2006 -- The National Blood Transfusion Centre (NBTC) in the capital, Baghdad, is making urgent appeals for blood donations due to a shortage caused by the worsening security situation and rising sectarian violence.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|